BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] North V. South Tournament

I'm just thinking off the top of my head really but it would be interesting if the Premier League or the FA organised a North v. South pre-season tournament. The two sides could pick say three teams to compete for them and you could have a sort of mini league perhaps. London teams would be included in the South and the North-South divide would be around the Midlands with those teams being able to represent the North.

Now I'm a Southerner but I would still cheer on the North not only because of Blackburn Rovers but also because I genuinely believe it is better than the South with nicer people, more interesting places and better football teams! :D

So guys what do you think:- yes or no?

sort of like the all star games in Amrican sports?

What you can be sure of is that the northern side would be all Liverpool and Man Utd with a couple of Newcastle players (because they have big name players and lots of fans, not because they have much better quality than Blackburn or Everton). And the South would be Arsenal, Chelsea with Tottenham for the same reasons. Due to the bias of these things hardworking sides with lots of quality players like ourselves, Everton and Portsmouth wouldn't get a look in.

I'm just thinking off the top of my head really but it would be interesting if the Premier League or the FA organised a North v. South pre-season tournament. The two sides could pick say three teams to compete for them and you could have a sort of mini league perhaps. London teams would be included in the South and the North-South divide would be around the Midlands with those teams being able to represent the North.

Now I'm a Southerner but I would still cheer on the North not only because of Blackburn Rovers but also because I genuinely believe it is better than the South with nicer people, more interesting places and better football teams! :D

Sounds like an interesting idea.

When you said "The two sides could pick three teams" it just felt like picking teams at school! Would Rovers end up getting picked last?!

Move north girl, you know it makes sense! :P

Sounds like an interesting idea.

When you said "The two sides could pick three teams" it just felt like picking teams at school! Would Rovers end up getting picked last?!

Move north girl, you know it makes sense! :P

I'm going to! I want to go to a northern university then live in Blackburn. :)

hear hear... Well said

sort of like the all star games in Amrican sports?

What you can be sure of is that the northern side would be all Liverpool and Man Utd with a couple of Newcastle players (because they have big name players and lots of fans, not because they have much better quality than Blackburn or Everton). And the South would be Arsenal, Chelsea with Tottenham for the same reasons. Due to the bias of these things hardworking sides with lots of quality players like ourselves, Everton and Portsmouth wouldn't get a look in.

Its spelled AMERICAN... <_<

Maybe he spelt it in the way your President says it. Mind you you'd probably have to write 'A mirkin' if you wanted to do that. Quite appropriate given he's called Bush and is a tw_t.

Anyway, where would Villa, Big Club etc. be? It would never happen as it is another game that would have to be played, and can you imagine Ferguson and co. letting Ronaldo or whoever play?

What a good idea. I like the 1 player from each team idea. It could replace the boring Charity Shield as a 1 off game. Maybe the players should be forced to eat their native pre match meal, i.e. steak poudding with all the trimmings for the north and jellied eels for the south and they could hand over pendents depicting dark satanic mills on our 1 and chavs and yuppies on theirs. It gets a better and better idea the more I think about it.

What a good idea. I like the 1 player from each team idea. It could replace the boring Charity Shield as a 1 off game. Maybe the players should be forced to eat their native pre match meal, i.e. steak poudding with all the trimmings for the north and jellied eels for the south and they could hand over pendents depicting dark satanic mills on our 1 and chavs and yuppies on theirs. It gets a better and better idea the more I think about it.

and instead of penalties at the end of the game, we could have three bat handles.

Archived