BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Garners Deal At Dundee Utd

waggy

:rover: was chatting to a pal off joe garners and he told me off his amazing deal at dundee utd,that he turned down.he was offered a MILLION POUND 4 year deal :rolleyes: £500,000 signing on fee and the rest over 4 years in wages.he turned it down to go to carlisle on a lot less money,as it was nearer home and a better STANDARD off football :brfc:

and a better STANDARD off football

Totally agree, after watching some of the SPL on Setanta over the last few weeks. Even Rangers` & Celtics` home games have no atnospheres.....unless they`re playing each other!

The SPL, a terrible footballing backwater (& i`m half Scottish) :unsure:

It does make you wonder though if a player (and I am not meaning anything bad by this) like Joe Garner can get offered such a deal from a not so great club then what must avarage players elsewhere be getting.

The mind boggles.

£1 million a year over four years comes to about £4,800 per week I think? A huge amount of money to us, but probably about normal for a SPL striker.

Only in the littler clubs. The big 2 have wages not too unlike ours.

I was excluding Rangers and Celtic from that, I should have mentioned that really.

Also, I've just edited that post as it's a million over four years, not per year. I'd worked with that for the maths but worded in wrong in the post.

Totally agree, after watching some of the SPL on Setanta over the last few weeks. Even Rangers` & Celtics` home games have no atnospheres.....unless they`re playing each other!

The SPL, a terrible footballing backwater (& i`m half Scottish) :unsure:

I went to Celtic's season opener at Parkhead and the atmosphere was brilliant.

:rover: was chatting to a pal off joe garners and he told me off his amazing deal at dundee utd,that he turned down.he was offered a MILLION POUND 4 year deal :rolleyes: £500,000 signing on fee and the rest over 4 years in wages.he turned it down to go to carlisle on a lot less money,as it was nearer home and a better STANDARD off football :brfc:

There is a lot of truth in that...the wages are right, but they included the signing-on fee. So the £500,000 over four years is true.

He did get less at Carlisle.

I went to Celtic's season opener at Parkhead and the atmosphere was brilliant.

I stand corrected. Then atnosphere just didn`t come across on TV then.

I`ve recently watched the Edinburgh derby, Inverness v Gers, Celtic v (was it Killi??) & it just didn`t do it for me.

As a Virgin media customer, i`ve got Setanta free, as well as Celtic tv & rangers tv, so i get to watch the SPL (if i can stomach it). Apart from the big two, the SPL looks like the English 3rd tier of football (whatever it`s called now) Div1?

I stand corrected. Then atnosphere just didn`t come across on TV then.

I`ve recently watched the Edinburgh derby, Inverness v Gers, Celtic v (was it Killi??) & it just didn`t do it for me.

As a Virgin media customer, i`ve got Setanta free, as well as Celtic tv & rangers tv, so i get to watch the SPL (if i can stomach it). Apart from the big two, the SPL looks like the English 3rd tier of football (whatever it`s called now) Div1?

And I was there on Wednesday night. Truthfully have NEVER, at a football match, before just resorted to sitting and whining with fear every two seconds. but the rest of the chaps and chapesses were brilliant- and the wall of sound was breathtaking.

Archived