BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Rovers Xi

Shearer/Bellamy up front eh.....JHC! what a strikeforce that would have been.

didnt newcastle have this partnership when they finished 3rd or 4th that year

before bellers sen them text to shearer they worked brillianly as a partnership

:brfc: :brfc: :brfc:

To be honest I don't think that is too tough a call. Friedel every time. Not that I'm knocking Flowers, I just think that there's a difference between a good keeper and a great keeper.

Correct IMO. Don't forget that Flowers for the vast majority of his time at Ewood was playing behind one of the best defences we've ever seen. I'm not knocking him ( Newcastle at home 14/05/1995), but Brad has played behind some weaker defences and has still been brilliant.

Brad wins for me

Too many people are picking their best 11 players and not the best team. Which one is the objective?

best team? im not so sure, but i actually think that this side was one of the most entertaining......

freidel

neill

berg

short/taylor

bjornebye/johansson

dunn/gillespie

flitcroft/dunn

tugay

duff

jansen

cole

best team? im not so sure, but i actually think that this side was one of the most entertaining......

freidel

neill

berg

short/taylor

bjornebye/johansson

dunn/gillespie

flitcroft/dunn

tugay

duff

jansen

cole

Agreed. A couple of seasons before that aswell we had the likes of Berkovic who could be a joy to watch.

Anyone putting people like Samba in are living a dream.

You can only be truely considered a great by playing at a high level over a sustained period of time or by being just truely world class (ala Duff)

On that basis the only players who could be considered from the current squad would be Friedel and Tugay.

If Nelsen, Samba or MGP (Who to even consider is an insult to true legends Duff and Wilcox) what would they be remembered for, really??

Nelsen had been injured for at least a third of his time here, and Samba has been here 9 months and played in a team that finished 10th. Not disputing (On Nelsens part anyway) that these are good players, but in Rovers best ever Premier League team, a competition WE HAVE WON, is just crazy.

Archived