BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No Right-back

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the bottom line is we never replaced neill when he left, emerton was asked to fill in and has done a decent job. yeah he has his frailties, heading in particular but overall he plays better there than on the right wing.

I agree that Emerton is the best bet there at the moment. The shocking thing is that, there is no other player in the squad who is fit for purpose in that position. Even Emerton IMO is not good enough for a team like ours, who wants to press on as a top 6 side.

Emerton is defensively frail at times.

The number one priority in Jan is a right back and then a centre midfielder.

I must say that statement seems somewhat folly. His age alone makes him value for money? What if he's 25 years old and bloody useless?

Hinkel is a good player.

The point I was making is that £2.1 million (or whatever it is), is a good deal for Celtic if they get him. I also think they are not paying over the odds, and at 25 years old, he is still young (so hopefully has his best years ahead of him).

Does that make sense?

The one thing we do not need is a right-back.

If we were to get one, Emerton (who, in my view, has been doing a stellar job at right back) would be pushed forward to the wing, and there is no doubt that he is atrocious there.

It'd also mean pushing Bentley into the 2nd striker role, which i dont know why Hughes does when its obvious his crossing is the best in the league.

Hinkel is a good player.

The point I was making is that £2.1 million (or whatever it is), is a good deal for Celtic if they get him. I also think they are not paying over the odds, and at 25 years old, he is still young (so hopefully has his best years ahead of him).

Does that make sense?

It's a decent theory. Still only a theory - value for money will, as always, be determined by performances, not age.

Archived