BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] X Box Or X Box360

Money is tight and I am going to buy a second hand x box, is there much difference betweeb the old x box which I can get for about £45 or is it wotth paying a bit more to get a preused x box 360

thank you des

There is a huge difference and the difference will only continue to become greater. Buy and xbox 360, it's as simple as that. I don't think I even need to really come up with reasons why, but if you spend 45 pounds on an original xbox you are pretty much throwing your money away.

Bit like asking if you should buy a VHS player or DVD player

Not really, a VHS player is completely obsolete whereas Xbox's certainly aren't. A fairer comparison would be a DVD player or a HD-DVD player.

Game are doing second hand Xbox's for £20, just depends whether they have one in stock in your area.

Personally I'd go for the Xbox for now. You have to remember the price of games as well, which are not cheap for the 360. You could probably get four quality titles for the Xbox for the price of one on the 360. Have a blast on those, get addicted to the old Halo's, then buy a 360 when they're cheaper and have more games available.

Game are doing second hand Xbox's for £20, just depends whether they have one in stock in your area.

Personally I'd go for the Xbox for now. You have to remember the price of games as well, which are not cheap for the 360. You could probably get four quality titles for the Xbox for the price of one on the 360. Have a blast on those, get addicted to the old Halo's, then buy a 360 when they're cheaper and have more games available.

Was just about to post something similar. The original post was 'money is tight' and like Kamy says the Current Gen rather than Last Gen (did you see what I did there) have a massive price difference in games. If you haven't owned either the xbox or PS2 then you will be doing your self no harm in buying either machine at a knock down price rather than struggling to scrape enough for the bottom of the range 360 (there are about 357 models to chose from - joke before anyone ripps my head off) because there are sooo many quality games for both machines.

Here are some games I would recommend on the xbox anyway (you can get most on the ps2 aswell (but BOTH God of War games are a MUST) if you wanted to take that path):-

xbox

The Grand Theft Auto Series - all good

Pro Evo for the footy game

Halo (you can get a triple pack)

Sonic Mega Collection (dont laugh - I still play it on my PS3 - with the PS2 disc - and find it great fun still)

Spartan Total Warrior - such an over looked game.

Spiderman 2

Urban Chaos

So you play those for the first time and you wont care about a 360 - Quality games will always last and that lot should keep you going for ages.

Burnout Revenge

Not really, a VHS player is completely obsolete whereas Xbox's certainly aren't. A fairer comparison would be a DVD player or a HD-DVD player.

Buy a VHS player and you won't be able to play any new movies on it. Same with the old Xbox.

It's as obsolete as a VHS player in that nothing new is being made for it. Every new film is still being released on DVD, nothing is made for an XBOX anymore.

And with "old" 360 games going for £10-£20 new (cheaper second hand) the game price argument doesn't hold up (good games too like Dead Rising, Crackdown, Oblivion).

There was never any reason to buy an original Xbox when they were brand new let alone this old. Couple with the fact 360 emulates some of the original xbox games (all the good ones at least) I see no reason to buy one.

If you really can't spend over £100 on a console and you need to buy an old one then buy a PS2, clearly that generation's top console, has a whole library of excellent games (and PS1 games can be played on most models...or all models, not sure). And at least it's still supported with games being released on it.

There was never any reason to buy an original Xbox when they were brand new let alone this old.

You obviously never tried Chronicles of Riddick. I'd actually consider buying a cheap Xbox just to see that one again, it's the best single player FPS I've ever played.

You obviously never tried Chronicles of Riddick. I'd actually consider buying a cheap Xbox just to see that one again, it's the best single player FPS I've ever played.

How nobody has not mentioned KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) is beyond me. That game has got to be the best Original Xbox game I have ever played with Ninja Gaiden a close second.

After saying that I still think a PS2 would be a much better option than an Xbox. The sheer number of games in it's catalouge allows for something for everyone.

thank you all for your input.

I knowq that I am think however with an xbox you need a tv to work it, and as we do not have one spare that something else to get. However with a ps2 does it work vary your computor or a tv or both.thank you des

thank you all for your input, just to let you know the outcome of it.

having thought and researched the options I have gone for a ps2 slim line and five games preused for £79.99, if anything goes wrong I can take it back to the shop for an new one.

I went for the ps2 due to the fact that there are more games for it. I hope is a good deal but no doublt others might of got it cheaper, still gaming here we come

thank you all for your input, just to let you know the outcome of it.

having thought and researched the options I have gone for a ps2 slim line and five games preused for £79.99, if anything goes wrong I can take it back to the shop for an new one.

I went for the ps2 due to the fact that there are more games for it. I hope is a good deal but no doublt others might of got it cheaper, still gaming here we come

But I thought you didnt have a tv to play it on? :unsure:

we have two but not a spare one just for the ps2, so when my wife and daughter go upstairs to watch the smaller tv, I will play downstairs in the lounge.

however I am hoping to buy a tv and a computer monitor that is all in one next month.

Archived