BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What About This

:rover: i reckon with the top 4 powering away at the top of the premiership,a team composed of there reserves/squad players/subs whatever you want to call them would have a better chance off breaking into the top 4 than any other premier team.utd subs yesterday apart from the keeper would walk into our team,and most other premier sides. :brfcsmilie:

Cudicini

Bridge

Alex

Brown

Finnan

Malouda

Makelele

Anderson

SWP

Crouch

Anelka

Bench:

Nani

Walcott

Kusczak

O'Shea

Benayoun

I think you're probably right. Some of those aren't necessarily subs, for example Anelka gets a few games and will start a lot more next season when Drogba leaves. Also, Brown has started a lot for United, but only in the absence of the G-Unit. Still, pretty depressing eh?

:rover: The problem is next season 7 subs can be named,the best talent is wasting away on the top 4 benches :brfcsmilie:

It's really sad. You get top drawer players going to clubs just to sit on the bench. The quality and depth of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool's squad is huge. I wish there were more players like Bentley and Diarra who are willing to walk away to get first team football. You get the daft situation of the likes of Hargreaves, SWP, Benayoun, Lucas, Crouch, Kalou, Alex, Bridge all not getting games. There are probably 20 excellent players between those three teams who average only a third of the available premiership minutes over a season.

This is all a product of the money situation. Arsenal lost the title becuase they didn't get there squad up to these daft numbers so watch them bring in loads of new names in the close season.

How can anyone compete? We are crusing towards the top heavy situation in Scotland, Portugal, Holland. It's going to ruin the league.

I think Man Ure's and some of Chelski's subs would improve our team, I dont think Arsenal's bar Walcott, or Liverpool's would make much difference

Arsenal and Liverpool's reserve central midfielders would walk into our team blind-folded and hypnotised.

It is indeed sad that the big clubs horde talent. Shaun Wright-Phillips was a joy to watch at Man City. The guy was as good, if not better, than Duff in his heyday with us. However, the days of him scoring scorching 30 yarders with left foot and right are long gone.

:rover: The problem is next season 7 subs can be named,the best talent is wasting away on the top 4 benches :brfcsmilie:

I think that rule should have been different. Maybe you could name 7 subs - but 2 had to be English, produced by your own academy and still in their teens. If you're ever a few goals up - what better time to give a youngster some time on the pitch - but you're scared of naming him amongst your subs for fear of needing a more experienced player during the game.

It's really sad. You get top drawer players going to clubs just to sit on the bench. The quality and depth of Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool's squad is huge. I wish there were more players like Bentley and Diarra who are willing to walk away to get first team football. You get the daft situation of the likes of Hargreaves, SWP, Benayoun, Lucas, Crouch, Kalou, Alex, Bridge all not getting games. There are probably 20 excellent players between those three teams who average only a third of the available premiership minutes over a season.

This is all a product of the money situation. Arsenal lost the title becuase they didn't get there squad up to these daft numbers so watch them bring in loads of new names in the close season.

How can anyone compete? We are crusing towards the top heavy situation in Scotland, Portugal, Holland. It's going to ruin the league.

Yeah...that ship has sailed a long time ago.

I certainly think that Song, Denilson, Benayoun and Voronin would get into our team.

You mad? You honestly think Voronin is better than Santa, Benni, Roberts or Derbyshire?

Rafa has a habit of signing non-entities and he's just another in the longline.

having said that, apart from the couple of years Newcastle and ourselves (and perhaps Leeds) were a force, nobody has really challenged the big four since the premiership began

its been top heavy ever since money got involved, and admittedly more so since the chelski revolution raised the financial bar

Archived