BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets For Charity

My thanks to Dustin, Wendy and the charity. Once again for the game against Liverpool a family will be able to forget their troubles for an afternoon and enjoy a game of football..... (lets hope the result gives them something to smile about. In any case they will at least be able to share that trouble with another 20,000 disgruntled fans!)

Without your help these people would not be able to ever afford this treat.

Thank you.....

• 3 weeks later...

:P

My thanks to Dustin, Wendy and the charity. Once again for the game against Liverpool a family will be able to forget their troubles for an afternoon and enjoy a game of football..... (lets hope the result gives them something to smile about. In any case they will at least be able to share that trouble with another 20,000 disgruntled fans!)

Without your help these people would not be able to ever afford this treat.

Thank you.....

Jokingly - are you sure you won't be adding to their troubles :P

Think the thanks go to your goodself also for the work you are putting into it :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

Could be posted in a number of threads, but this seems the best spot:

WAGGY - I would suggest that you donate your season ticket to this cause, as it was your idea in the first place, and based on people who couldn't/wouldn't go to Rovers matches, but still want to do something. You've already paid for the ticket, might as well let it go to a good cause.

For those of you who saw the spread on me and the Season Tickets for Charity initiative in the programme book at the Citeh game, they made it seem like Dustin and I were the only two purchasing tickets. Obviously that is not the case, and I did not mean to give that impression to Rovers. So if you were offended and think I'm a glory hunter, well, I am, just not for this. :rolleyes:

I have no idea who attended the Stoke match, but I hope they were as happy as I was at the end!

Many thanks to Tris and all who I met at the match.

Anyone who wants to toss their tickets to the cause in anger at Big Sam's hiring, well, we're listening. :xmas:

Could be posted in a number of threads, but this seems the best spot:

WAGGY - I would suggest that you donate your season ticket to this cause, as it was your idea in the first place, and based on people who couldn't/wouldn't go to Rovers matches, but still want to do something. You've already paid for the ticket, might as well let it go to a good cause.

:rover: ALREADY gave it away to a deserving cause,the lad is unemployed :brfcsmilie:

• 3 weeks later...

Once again you guys came up trumps for one lady and her son. Over Christmas she had a theft from her home in which she lost her money and Christmas presents. She also lost her Electricity and Gas pre-payment cards, so spent Christmas Day and Boxing day without Gas or Electric. Was hungry and cold till she could sort it out.

She came today to the Rovers/Newcastle game. She and her son went home delighted, with their faith in fellow man somewhat restored.

Once again, a massive thank you guys for your generosity in making this possible.

Mick Porter (Victim Support)

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd bring this thread to the top, please feel free to start a new thread on this topic if required.

My question is are we going to do anything this season purchasing season tickets for local charities as we did last season ?

And is anyone willing to take on the task of collectting monies and organising this ?

I just think with the fantastic offers and great pricing initiatives that we could make a difference in helping out not only the local charities but also the club.

I realise times are tough worldwide but I'm personally keen to contribute again if someone would care to organise this again.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in another thread.

Aussie, the 'driving force' behind this has been Hypo Luxa (for a couple of years), but I think Driftpeasant has been involved too. Not sure how much time they're on here these days. H-L knows a lot about how the behind-the-scenes stuff works so if he's willing to organise gathering the money this year he's probably our best hope for co-ordinating. Give it a few days, though with the start of the season not being too far away, you're right that things need to happen quite soon!

Thanks for the reply Neil, no problems, just thought it would be the ideal time to do something that benefits

charities & the club with the great value in this year's season tickets. But I also realise it takes more work than just donating.

Forever Blue & White <_<

Archived