BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derbyshire/ Gallagher/ Rigters/ Fowler/ Roberts

Gally - I just don't see what he adds. he never seems to be given a settled position let alone run in the team. I think we should just sell

Rigters - He should be loaned out to allow him to get a run of games and then see what he is capable of.

Roberts - Good impact player and should be kept

Fowler - I am sure he still has something to offer so I would give him a year contract and see how he does

Derbyshire - Depends on the above. if we keep hold of Roberts and Fowler then I would like to see him loaned out to a newly promoted team to give him a good run in the premiership - or a top championship side. If Roberts and/or Fowler are not here come the start of the season then he should be kept here.

Looking at this link, someone has been trying to unsettle Derbyshire.

"I had a chat with Matty on Friday, I told him I want him to stay, he's a young kid, he's come through the ranks and he's a goalscorer."

assuming it's not lazy journalism, im a little surprised that MH would be interested in derbs. he hardly played him last year and he played a fair bit on the right hand-side (whilst MH deployed the doomed 451 formation).

i suppose MH could be getting desperate (due to reported lack of funds/ wages).

i think derbs' best years are to come, and i wouldnt sell - (i'd back him to easily outscore jason roberts- if they were given the same game time.

besides what signals would that send out to our fans (most of whom are already worried about inces appointment i'm not worried, yet! ) :rover:

Derbs is a blackburn lad, if he is told he has a future here then he will stay - just like Dunn.

Blackburn lads dont tend to get big heads and then come out saying they support United, Tottenham etc - they stick with their club.

But didn't Derbs turned down a trial with Manchester United, the club he allegedly supports? I'm not sure he's a Rovers lad at heart.

Derbs turned down United to join Rovers BECAUSE HE SUPPORTS US. There is an article saying he supports United but that is simply wrong, trust me.

We will persevere with Fowler to prove that he can still cut it.

We persevered with Jeffers to prove that he could still cut it.

We persevered with Bothroyd to prove that he's got Serie A class.

We persevered with Nonda to prove that he could recapture his pre-injury form.

Why the heck don't we persevere with some of our young guys to prove that they can develop and cut it? Oh, I know why, because young players are expected to make an immediately astonishing impact and new signings get all the time in the world to learn to trap a ball with Premier League starts.

Nonda was actually not that bad in retrospective. I wonder how much Roma wanted for him in the end?

Archived