BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League Games

Shabani Nonda (presumably its him) has just pulled one back for Galatasaray against Steaua who got off to a flyer with two quick goals in Istanbul.

The two Ukraine teams have had very impressive results whilst two minnows, Kaunas and Famagusta are going OK at the moment.

Dont think they are going to sign Barry as Alonso is playing so thats him cup-tied and therefore surely wont be sold.

Not sure about the 1st, dont think the whole ball crossed the line. The second however wasnt even in the box so only fair he saved it I suppose.

Clive Tyesdley must be THE most patronising commentator on TV.

'Standard Liege are enjoying their big night out'

Liege are the reigning Belgian champions, one of the oldest clubs in Europe with a not too shabby history.

Such arrogance is one of the reasons that I pray for 'our' teams (well the top 4 mainly) to get knocked out as early as possible each season.

Clive Tyesdley must be THE most patronising commentator on TV.

'Standard Liege are enjoying their big night out'

Liege are the reigning Belgian champions, one of the oldest clubs in Europe with a not too shabby history.

Such arrogance is one of the reasons that I pray for 'our' teams (well the top 4 mainly) to get knocked out as early as possible each season.

Same.

I was quite impressed by Liege but I still fancy Liverpool to progress at Anfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on FC Twente and Standard Liege! I don't care if it is not patriotic. I want all the top 4 to lose. Less money and status then, so it gives other clubs a chance to reach for the big prize.

Anyway, the CL is so utterly boring. It is the same 14-16 teams that do OK every season. It is a bit sad to see former greats like Ajax have no chance, whilst Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool reach the 1/2 finals again and again. It is a closed shop, and should be changed to a Euro Super League, so all the Sky TV brown nosers and fashionistas can shove off and join a sinking ship.

I do want Standard to win.

McClown is a different matter and Twente are already comfortably stuffed anyway.

If just Liverpool fail to qualify, their £10m gets redistributed between Chelski, Mancs and Arse. Wouldn't want £20m to go to Chelski and the Mancs would we?

McLaren in his recent press conference keeps saying he knows Arsenal inside out, I beg to differ. He doesn't even know his way out of a wet paper bag.

I've got to be honest I always want the english teams to do well so I hope Liverpool and Arsenal do both go through. An all english final would be fantastic again.

Archived