BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fox Hunting Ban

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave Cameron has said he will overturn the fox hunting ban if the torys win the next general election.

To me this sounds awful and hopefully they won't win the election

With global warming, global recession on the doorstep, food shortages, the Russians controlling the Gas, rampant inflation etc etc I'm sure we have more important items on the agenda than foxhunting or simple agenda'd mudslinging scotchrover.

btw you and Jim Mk2 beem pm'ing one another frantically by any chance recently..... or not? :rolleyes:

With global warming, global recession on the doorstep, food shortages, the Russians controlling the Gas, rampant inflation etc etc I'm sure we have more important items on the agenda than foxhunting or simple agenda'd mudslinging scotchrover.

btw you and Jim Mk2 beem pm'ing one another frantically by any chance recently..... or not? :rolleyes:

they should be in a smoke filled back room of a pub planning the next failed revolution :lol:

does any one still frequent the one on this message board?

I'm against fox hunting, but it is a law that is difficult to enforce unless you have thousands of police standing around in fields waiting for any red coated nupty to pass. It also annoys me how these Countryside Alliance toffs flout the law and are proud of it. I bet they'd be screaming to bring back capital punishment if they got robbed. In fact the CA has been hijacked by these Upper class idiots, as it was a pressure group that concerned itself with broader rural issues until it became a platform for rich hooray henrys with a desire to chase animals and watch dogs rip them to shreds.

And I feel sorry for the foxes. The odds are unbalanced against them.

I'm against fox hunting, but it is a law that is difficult to enforce unless you have thousands of police standing around in fields waiting for any red coated nupty to pass. It also annoys me how these Countryside Alliance toffs flout the law and are proud of it. I bet they'd be screaming to bring back capital punishment if they got robbed. In fact the CA has been hijacked by these Upper class idiots, as it was a pressure group that concerned itself with broader rural issues until it became a platform for rich hooray henrys with a desire to chase animals and watch dogs rip them to shreds.

And I feel sorry for the foxes. The odds are unbalanced against them.

But mainly its a class thing?

But mainly its a class thing?

It's an absolute non issue unless as part of some class struggle by people of lower birth.

Hunts are crap at catching foxes anyway, lamping or poison is far more productive in terms of numbers killed. There are probably as many horses killed as a result of horse racing, dogs ditto, pigeons killed or lost from their flock in pigeon racing, zillions of fish foul hooked by anglers, how about the number of creatures killed by road kill.... should we ban cars?

Not important one bit.

If you've ever had a fox go through your bins you'd change your tune. The animals are vermin, not squeaky clean lap dogs. It might not be the nicest sport (tire the fox out so a pack of dogs can get it) but it doesn't affect many. Unfortunately this is one of those issues that divides class and will drive people to vote for or against it solely on that.

To me not liking fox hunting one way of saying "I hate posh folk".

It was a waste of Parlimentary time and energy that could have been focused on doing something useful, however, now that it has been enacted well its a waste of time and energy and money to revoke a law that itsnt really a problem.

There are far far more important issues to vote on. Such as the economy, health, crime, or foriegn policy. Typical labour blinkered attitude.

If the torries are using that as one of thier tactics then they are pathetic, and obviously think it is an important issue - otherwise why mention it?

As for Labour? I cant remember me saying I would vote them either?

It was a waste of Parlimentary time and energy that could have been focused on doing something useful, however, now that it has been enacted well its a waste of time and energy and money to revoke a law that itsnt really a problem.

What nonsense. There are hundreds of tiny laws and adjustments made every year, just because this received higher media attention don't assume everything else. There's absolutely no logic to 'well there are bigger problems, let's concentrate on those', because the decisions involve entirely different people.

And to some it is really a problem - including myself. Regardless of what a lot of people think on here, that kind of policy would seriously influence my decision on who to vote for.

If the torries are using that as one of thier tactics then they are pathetic, and obviously think it is an important issue - otherwise why mention it?

As for Labour? I cant remember me saying I would vote them either?

When have the Conservatives ever said that Fox Hunting will be one of the key points in their election manifesto? You clearly have very little clue in regards to where the next election; will be won or lost. It will not be on fox-hunting.

It will Labours dismal performance across the board. When have I said you will vote Labour? I said it was typical of labour voters to pick up on such a miniscule point when we have serious serious problems with foreign policy (the start of a new Cold War?) a crumbling economy- with 100,000 of jobs lost & housing repossessions at a level not seen for over 20 years. Then we have the catastrophic rise in home-grown terrorism not to mention knife & gun crime spiralling out of control.

This will be the battle-ground for the next election not fox-hunting or the opinion of an independent ‘think tank’- which was dismissed by all sides of the house.

Threads such as this & Jim mrk II thread- show me the current desperation of Labour voters at the moment.

It's the people who give a damn about animals who "kick up the most fuss" - chickens are born bred to be eaten by us humans... some of us may not like it that way but the cullings are purposeful and, in my opinion, the line should be drawn there. I totally disagree with killing animals (of whatever nature, horse, bird or fox) for the fun of it or as a 'sport'. On my part, phil, envy has nothing to do with it. Don't turn it into a prince v pauper thread because you know it'll end up getting closed.

Stupid stupid post- evolution ( Or god?) didn't create chickens for humans to eat.

I totally disagree with killing animals (of whatever nature, horse, bird or fox) for the fun of it or as a 'sport'. On my part, phil, envy has nothing to do with it. Don't turn it into a prince v pauper thread because you know it'll end up getting closed.

I agree with you .

But what were the motivations of the poncy New Labour Party in spending so much time on saving the lives of foxes ? You're dreaming if you think it was anything other than trying to curb the lifestyles of people who are only a short step up the social ladder than themselves . Misplaced 1970's student type class envy ......

Don't know where you get the "pauper" anology from .....

Archived