BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fox Hunting Ban

With you all the way Lechuck...

Got to say mum that your posts on the footy boards are usually interesting and well-put.

Unfortunately,you along with Gordon and a fair few others seem to want to tar anyone who objects to fox-hunting with Jim's brush and very presumptiously assume it's a class-envy thing.None of my posts have suggested anything of the sort.I just prefer to fill my spare time with pursuits that don't involve blood-letting.

There's something slightly fascistic about deeming to tell me what the sub-text to my belief systems are.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say mum that your posts on the footy boards are usually interesting and well-put.

Thanks Yeti.

I probably should have added that last bit in too, my post sounds a bit overly confrontational (I am trying my best to ditch that writing style!).

It's by a vet, Le Chuck. You're a very quick reader if you managed to read all that in the time, it took me much longer ;) I was just having a look round to see what it was actually all about, as I say believing that shooting was perhaps a more humane method of culling foxes, and I found it quite interesting.

No, I'm not referring to friends on this board re your third comment, perhaps I've been reading and watching too much political stuff. Mr Roversmum has a fanatical interest in politics and we have Parliament on all the time on tv!

Notwithstanding Hunting it is a fact that certain parties were hoping to win the Election by using class as a weapon and that is why I mentioned it in the first place because that quite upset me, it isn't an issue with me as anyone who knows me is aware.

I won't say anymore on the subject as I don't think we're getting anywhere, I don't know the answers, fox hunting is not for me but if others want to caper about on horses maybe they should play polo instead.

As for foxes, if they pose a threat to human beings then yes, I am worried.

As for foxes, if they pose a threat to human beings then yes, I am worried.

We can agree on that at least. :) With the 'if' part being key, of course; I think I said something similar on the last page.

I admit to not reading the article, I did open it fully intending to, but once I saw the source I decided against it. I may read it at some point.

Unfortunately,you along with Gordon and a fair few others seem to want to tar anyone who objects to fox-hunting with Jim's brush and very presumptiously assume it's a class-envy thing.None of my posts have suggested anything of the sort.I just prefer to fill my spare time with pursuits that don't involve blood-letting.

There's something slightly fascistic about deeming to tell me what the sub-text to my belief systems are.

So do I and so it seems does roversmum! I dislike bloodsports but I don't deny others the chance to partake, neither do I doubt that pests / vermin need conrolling.

btw How would you like it if your non blood letting pursuits were banned? I guess the easy and currently topical answer is to tax it. Soaking the rich seems our only hope to get out of debt. Sacking public servants and denying dollopers money for fags and special brew just stops it getting any worse. Bit like putting the plug in whilst you are filling a bath I suppose.

btw Surely you yourself are being fascistic second guessing my own beliefs? :rolleyes:

eti dog read this..........

Hunting with horses and dogs will not control the vermin that is a fox. Have you ever seen a pack of hounds with a dozen horses in pursuit on the strand or in Trafalgar Square? The banning of fox hunting was always a political issue and not a welfare one. Please get the silly class issue out of your head. Hunts are a complete waste of space other than to allow a few wealthy paople a day out and bring some much needed revenue out from the cities and into the sticks.

Urban foxes are a result of caged hens, cheap food, slovenly people and stringent gun laws.

Knew you'd have a retort Gordon,you always do.However,you really should reflect on your previous posts first.Telling me what to get out of my head when you have no clue what's in there is both presumptious and arrogant.There was no guessing on my part..I used the facts as laid out by your good self.

Knew you'd have a retort Gordon,you always do.However,you really should reflect on your previous posts first.Telling me what to get out of my head when you have no clue what's in there is both presumptious and arrogant.There was no guessing on my part..I used the facts as laid out by your good self.

Sorry your avatar must have had a subliminal influence on me.

btw which facts are you referring to?

So do I and so it seems does roversmum! I dislike bloodsports but I don't deny others the chance to partake, neither do I doubt that pests / vermin need conrolling.

btw How would you like it if your non blood letting pursuits were banned? I guess the easy and currently topical answer is to tax it. Soaking the rich seems our only hope to get out of debt. Sacking public servants and denying dollopers money for fags and special brew just stops it getting any worse. Bit like putting the plug in whilst you are filling a bath I suppose.

btw Surely you yourself are being fascistic second guessing my own beliefs? :rolleyes:

Does that mean you have the same attitude towards paedophilia, or drug taking? :P

I'm definitely pro drug taking. I can't believe that I am allowed to get a license to own a high powered shotgun/rifle legally but I am not able to buy some marijuana for my own consumption.

The argument for gun ownership is personal choice and freedom. The hypocrisy is shocking.

I'm definitely pro drug taking. I can't believe that I am allowed to get a license to own a high powered shotgun/rifle legally but I am not able to buy some marijuana for my own consumption.

The argument for gun ownership is personal choice and freedom. The hypocrisy is shocking.

Rem you need a licence to own a firearm and a shotgun legally and I can assure you bucky it is not very easy to get either. You must renew your licence regularly, have somewhere to shoot, have a secure gun cabinet bolted to an inside wall and everything to be subject to regular checks and inspections by the police.

By a strange quirk the easiest way to get a gun in this country without bothering with the above is to deal in drugs. :blink: As you say the hypocrisy is indeed shocking.

Back to foxes - plenty of them living in my current and former necks of London. They'll pretty much scavenge any garbage (caught one trying to get into my dog's bag of waste), but between covered wheelie bins and the like, it isn't too difficult to keep them out.

Have also seen them walking around the park while people are out picnicing and haven't seen any problems because of it.

I do find it baffling too.

Magic mushrooms is the one that gets me most - it's just a mushroom that grows naturally, how on earth can be illegal?

I am proud to be a Conservative.

:tu:

Surely the whole point of being human is that we are more civilised than the rest of the animal kingdom.

Some people, some of the time. And in my experience, hunters and fishermen tend to be among the best of people.

I am still struggling why fox hunting is wrong, but hunting or fishing is ok in England. To me, it appears to be PC BS.

• 2 weeks later...

Err...the lesson there is to keep your bloody doors shut when young children are in the house, not to go out slaughtering animals.

That's the thing though...that isn't the case.

Obviously I'd have a very different viewpoint if there had been numerous accounts of foxes attacking people. This only happened because someone didn't shut their door.

One isolated incident doesn't warrant hunting an entire species. The ones who will use this to campaign to have it reinstated will only do so because they get a perverse thrill out of killing the animals, not because they're worried about the welfare of society.

http://news.aol.co.uk/boy-three-bitten-by-fox-at/article/20100621041631334390428?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.co.uk%2Fboy-three-bitten-by-fox-at%2Farticle%2F20100621041631334390428

Comments Le Chuck? Nothing to do with shutting doors on hot nights or hallal children this time . Maybe you'll use a bit of grey matter this time instead of relying simply on uninformed prejudice.

http://news.aol.co.uk/boy-three-bitten-by-fox-at/article/20100621041631334390428?icid=main|uk-ws-bb|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.co.uk%2Fboy-three-bitten-by-fox-at%2Farticle%2F20100621041631334390428

Comments Le Chuck? Nothing to do with shutting doors on hot nights or hallal children this time . Maybe you'll use a bit of grey matter this time instead of relying simply on uninformed prejudice.

I'm not relying on 'uninformed prejudice'.

It is two relatively mild incidents. If you wish to express that as a percentage of the population then it's so minuscule that it may as well be zero.

Children will be bitten by other animals. In fact, I saw a child get bitten by a swan the other week. Fox 'attacks' will obviously get more media coverage because there is an agenda there.

I'm not relying on 'uninformed prejudice'.

It is two relatively mild incidents. If you wish to express that as a percentage of the population then it's so minuscule that it may as well be zero.

Children will be bitten by other animals. In fact, I saw a child get bitten pecked by a swan the other week. Fox 'attacks' will obviously get more media coverage because there is an agenda there.

Corrected your very informed statement LeChuck. :rolleyes:

Funny how fox attacks have started hitting the press since the Torries came to power. :rolleyes: Nothing to do with the law they want over-turning is it!? :rolleyes:

Yes funny............ One might also wonder who was burying these stories previously. <_< Nothing to do with a monumental political cock up? :rock:

Yes funny............ One might also wonder who was burying these stories previously. <_< Nothing to do with a monumental political cock up? :rock:

Kids get attacked by pussy cats all the time - dont see that in the press do you!? Perhaps because their isnt a law 'THEY' want over-turning

I blame that Foxy Bingo.

I blame whichever programme that sponsors, so Jeremy Kyle, Trisha or whichever daytime show it is. Maybe Jeremy Kyle can host an urban fox special where he can berate foxes for not having a job, vaqndalising bins etc., and do a DNA test to see who the cubs' dad is.

I blame whichever programme that sponsors, so Jeremy Kyle, Trisha or whichever daytime show it is. Maybe Jeremy Kyle can host an urban fox special where he can berate foxes for not having a job, vaqndalising bins etc., and do a DNA test to see who the cubs' dad is.

Trust me, you'll never see a vixen on Jeremy Kyle.

• 2 years later...

Archived