BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matchday Miscellany

Old Scoreboard: Has it died?

New Scoreboard: Gives about as match info as me dad.

Radio Rovers: Does Gerald REALLY think that fans tune in to 1404 to listen to inane music in AM quality? If I want music I will put an FM station on or a CD. I certainly don't want to listen to the Lighthouse family soulding like they are in another room (best place for 'em some might say).

Either reduce the broadcast length or produce some live or pre-recorded features/debates. I would do it if they asked.

HT Pens. Farcical today. Get the school kids back on for gods sake.

Have Rovers followed Alan Suger and sacked the "SImon the Knob"?

His name was Adam

I wish they would stop playing adverts/promotions etc straight after full time and half time. The only thing the fans want is the scores from the other games.

It would also be nice if the scorers of the goals could be read out for those of us who take part in fantasy football

Pre match and half-time "entertainment" was abysmal. If she stars again I'm taking my ear plugs, reading monotone from a script was dreadful. A 12 year could have done better.

We have a new scoreboard? where didn't see a thing, don't know the attendance.

The fans are responsible for the Atmosphere but the club could at least put on a show, it will hardly break the bank. How about x-factor / other talent show rejects,a big brass band playing up beat tunes?

Much better than the mundane and cringeworthy 'enatertainment' we had to put up with yesterday. It was the first home game of the season FFS.

you go to the football match to watch football not the half time entertainment. Stop being so bloody critical, also I thought that girl was miles better than Adam Hosker, but think its time for Graham Liver to return

Well as soon as theres any football on show perhaps I'll be a little less fussy. Two halves of kick and run need to be augmented with something interesting not more abuse of the senses!

Go to Sheffield Wednesday cracking pre and half match entertainment. Not patronising half arsed attempts to get the crowd going. Genuine feel good show, mind you they need it!

Ive said it before. Classic matches and goals from yesteryear before the game.

At half time, lets be honest, all you want are the scores from round the grounds and the Rovers Return draw if youve bought a ticket. (I am not including the ridiculous Double your money draw on the big screen!)

Football should never try and emulate Superbowl half time show glitz.

We have a new scoreboard? where didn't see a thing, don't know the attendance.

where is the new scoreboard/clock? i was sitting in the fraser eagle stand yesterday and had no clue what time it was until the fourth official put his board up

on the subject of the new girl, good enough entertainment for me ;) ,mrs didnt agree though!

also the atmosphere, are the club allowed to employ someone to get the fans going?, was very quiet yesterday (apart from the apparent expert that was sitting next to me) i know the performance werent good but maybe if the fans were having a 'better time' then maybe the performance would pick up, 12th man.

I haven't been impressed with the new MC since she did the Breda game. Really stilted. I'm putting it down to nerves and assuming she will improve but it somehow reminds me of the female commentator they have now on MOTD.

New scoreboard?? I'm with the other posters on here in saying that I couldn't see this (sitting in the Riverside) and hadn't a clue how long was left. And it's not as though it stopped the stead stream of people leaving early. I know it can be a pain to get out at the final whistle but some folk go before the injury-time board has gone up! Bring the old scoreboard back.

And don't get me started on the big-screen-draw. That was the most embarassing thing I've ever seen - and we made the players look ridiculous enough last season - but the crummy software they've used. Is money really that tight? I bet they could have hooked up a Commodore 64 screen and got a better looking random number generator. Please, please scrap this now and just do it on the pitch. It doesn't make the players look good - even with the old version.

The penalties do keep you occupied - although wheeling out the stereotypical young lass who'd never kicked a football before in her life was a bit of a poor show. Would be a good idea to get local schools competing and having some kind of cup at the end of the season.

As OscarRaven mentioned though we fans could make a bit more of an effort in terms of atmosphere - although half time is just enough time for a pee, pint and pie (and prayer? ;) )

What new scoreboard?

I'm in JW upper and couldn't see anything?

Should the old score board not still be on anyway? It looks terrible off, like it's not working and we can't afford to repair it.

I'd prefer it to be on, but if it's not to be used, take it out altogether.

Yeah the whole no scoreboard thing was a bit annoying. Might have to start bringing my stopwatch to games. :lol:

Maybe the new electronic advertising boards were juicing up all the electricity hence they decide not have the scoreboards on as well. The advertising boards looked okay didn't really notice them apart from a couple of times when flashing ones caught the eye.

I say bring The Apprentice reject back to the presenting at half-time. He was okay.

Also whats happened to Roar, had a bit of a makeover?

Also whats happened to Roar, had a bit of a makeover?

Yeah, he's got some kind of Sonic the Hedgehog thing going on - an improvement though me thinks. Not to sure about Roarina though. I can't decide if it's a new person or head. Looks odd though like the head hangs over the body and it's a struggle to keep it on. Don't know why but kind of reminds me of Samba!

Could anyone who did actually see a new scoreboard please point out where it is/was? Seems to be the burning question on this thread...

Archived