BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Be On Tv --- Do You Mind Helping Me?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband, my 2 youngest kids and I went to the millenium dome the first weekend it was open and did a report for Granada about the dome. Was great fun and a fantastic experience for the kids. The tv people really want you to do well as it makes a good programme for them.

Indeed it is :)

Football focus visited them, its worth a watch:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7768679.stm

Holy crap. :blink:

I knew they had come from the lower leagues but didn't think it was from the bottom tier. Fantastic footballing story, if they win the bundesliga thats one hell of a feet.

Similar story happening in this country.

Truro City

they almost went full time last year, unheard of at that level ever. He's seriously splashing cash, trying to build (unsuccessfully so far) a new stadium (no small project either) their players have contracts, they even sign players for fees:

10K fee

They won the vase last year, no mean feet, and they play in southern league one thats 3 leagues below the conference 3 years ago they played county level football, 3 successive promotions later, so watch this space.

I missed something important memorable scene??

before 05/06season, I don't have the game on DVD, these are video tapes! It's not good for check!!

and,

I'd like to know something memorable scene without score scenes.

Do you have any to recommend?

Dillo, I have nothing but memories, if only you could vid my mind!

There are quite a few "older" supporters on here that would have many, many fantastic memories, (and memories not so fantastic) on supporting the Rovers.

Fife Rover is one that could give a great written description, John Howarth is another; and, if I'm not mistaken has good insight into the Blue and whites.

My favourite memories of going to Ewood, changing ends at half time, no problems, just trying to out shout the opposition, Standing, orange balls on a snow covered pitch, catching a ball kicked by the great Stanley Matthews. That team leading upto the 60 FA Final. Fabulous memories, unfortunately I don't get there too often, living in Sydney, but I do have my memories.

My favourite memories of going to Ewood, changing ends at half time, no problems, just trying to out shout the opposition, Standing, orange balls on a snow covered pitch, catching a ball kicked by the great Stanley Matthews. That team leading upto the 60 FA Final. Fabulous memories, unfortunately I don't get there too often, living in Sydney, but I do have my memories.

Thanks for your great story!

I really love to hear (read) fan's firsthand memories.

on TV or like something are not firsthand. these are filtered things... nearly virtual. I don't categorize it on " Own my/yours memories"...

just wanted to say... off topic. but if anyone watched masterchef tonight... the young lad with the blacburn accent. me

I watched that with my wife-we thought you were very good and were quite surprised you didn't get through. You reminded us somewhat of the young chef who did so well last time.

Are you doing any cheffing now?

:closedeyes:

I watched that with my wife-we thought you were very good and were quite surprised you didn't get through. You reminded us somewhat of the young chef who did so well last time.

Thanks, yeah i am cooking. Only part time though. Gotta finish my degree first i think. All i have had is abuse of my mates. People keep telling me that i didnt get through because i wasn't an ethnic minority with 4 children. But i dont agree

Thanks, yeah i am cooking. Only part time though. Gotta finish my degree first i think. All i have had is abuse of my mates. People keep telling me that i didnt get through because i wasn't an ethnic minority with 4 children. But i dont agree

Watched the episode tonight on BBC iPlayer, and I agree you were really unlucky. Wallace cleary wanted you to progress but the gobby Aussie must have shouted him down. Bad luck, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the fact you clearly impressed them with your food, and the good comments from the pro kitchen.

And well done for making a point of cooking with Black Pudding and talking up the emphasis on Lancashire and your roots. You should be well proud. You should post on here where you are part time cooking, I for one would be round to pay for a meal there if your appearance on Masterchef is anything to go by.

edit ... link to the episode is here - BBC iPlayer - Masterchef Series 5 Episode 2.

am at uni in sheffield so it would be a bit of a trek to the restaurant!

thanks for the kind words anyway its really nice. believe it or not they hardly showed any of the bits where i was bigging up lancashire. which i did alot. Will never remember the way the greg laughed when i said that lancashire was the food capital of the UK

• 1 month later...
Thanks All. last night, I was on TV.... Talked about Rovers and football furry mascots.

I learned how difficult to speak on TV. and I really hate to watch myself on TV...

nhk02122.jpg

nhk02121.jpg

As long as you enjoyed yourself,thats the main thing!

You have had your 15minutes of fame so just bask in the glory! :tu::)

Archived