BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta Iv The Lost And The Damned Dlc Out Today!

It's 1.78GB of awesome. Played it a bit last night, there's some great new stuff like bike races where you knock people off their bikes with a baseball bat. Loads of good banter between the bikers, new stuff on the radio, TV and internet. You start at massive a club house that's got a few things to explore, and you can call up your biker mates and build up their stats in battle, a bit like in San Andreas.

Well worth the download, I think. I like the new characters a lot more than the old east european bunch.

Downloaded and played it yesterday.

Obviously it's still GTA so isn't completely fresh but the main characters are brilliant (much better) and the storyline is excellent, with occasional reference to the Niko storyline.

The additions such as the racing, new missions, the ability to call your mates for backup and the interesting characters provide a satisfying fix to all the GTA IV junkies out there and feels a bit like your "back home" when you start driving around liberty city again. You also start the game with a one handed sawn off shot gun which can be fired from your bike - which is cool.

The only negative point is this - if you hated the bikes handling in GTAIV this might get a bit frustrating. Although you can obviously drive the cars the missions generally push you in the direction of the bikes most of the time and turning at high speeds is a much a problem as it ever was. Saying that, the main characters bike is a lot tougher which means you don't go flying over the handlebars when you run over a coffee cup.

Given the price of £13 it provides excellent value for money - and fair play to rockstar they could have charged £20 if they wanted and people would have paid.

I'll give this a 9/10, lower that to to 7/10 if you can't be doing the with the bikes handling.

I don't have a gold account (which allows you to play online) as I never use Xbox Live. I do have a profile. Is that enough?

I see what you mean. While I don't have a 360 myself I recently borrowed my sisters (to play the excellent gears of war 2) and found that on the silver account (which is the one you will have) you can still download demo's and games so my guess is that you should be able to download this too :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished this yesterday, it took me 25 hours in all.

Bet bit of downloadable content I've seen so far. The 'street sweeper' auto shotgun and the grenade launcher are brilliant additions, and I loved the way the new characters, bikes, gang wars and new radio bits revatilise the city.

The end credits are also great - a slow flyby over the streets where you'll notice things happening from the main game, such as Niko chasing that bloke across the rooftops and Roman's taxi firm burning. Makes me want to go back to the main GTA 4 again...

• 3 weeks later...
And a wireless hub for the 360 which is ludicrously expensive.

Odd, mine works rather well without a wireless hub ;)

I'm rather enjoying TLAD, but I haven't had much time to put into it yet.

Also, is it me, or does the main character look like Tony Almeda from this season of 24, with a painted on tash ?

• 1 month later...

Archived