BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa World Cup 2010 - South Africa Thread

FIFA have just completed processing the ballot for the first allocation of tickets for the world cup in South Africa.

People who were in the hat for tickets should start hearing whether they have been successful with tickets in the next day or so.

I was one of the lucky ones and managed to grab TST-3 tickets to watch Australia's 3 group games.

I remember in Germany in 2006 meeting up with a few Rovers fans from brfcs.co.uk in Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Munich. It would be great to catch up with others if anyone else has tickets for SA. Is anyone else going?

Further tickets will be available for first come first served purchase in May.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im still waiting to hear - I have 7 big question marks on my application.

I went for 6 random group games and the final - you never know!

I'm just hoping that they email me before they try and take the money!

They'll take the money first. That's what has happened in every other example I've seen so far.

At this stage I am good to go since last time I had the birth of my first child to keep me at home, third is about to pop this year and then no more kids so if everythign still goes to plan I will catch you there

I'm still waiting to hear by email too ...

but having just checked, my credit card has certainly heard from FIFA ... 700 quids worth of hearing to be precise :o:xmas:

Best get some flights booked!!!

Applied on the off chance that Northern Ireland make it but wasn't successful. Mate of mine applied for a few tickets and was successful and had the money debited from his account. Heres hoping... :unsure:

Im hoping England are based in Cape Town. Best city for partying and the City is one of the most beautiful in the world. Im hoping to meet up with a few guys, so good luck with your applications. Funnily im still waiting on my own application for tickets, and getting rather worried now.

Im hoping England are based in Cape Town. Best city for partying and the City is one of the most beautiful in the world. Im hoping to meet up with a few guys, so good luck with your applications. Funnily im still waiting on my own application for tickets, and getting rather worried now.

It doesn't look like the groups get "bases" Iceman ... the 5 group games in Cape Town feature 10 different teams from 5 different groups - A3 v A4, F1 v F2, C1 v C3, G4 v G2, E4 v E1. You then get the winner from H v runner up from G in the last 16.

Between me and the mate I applied with, we have tickets for all of the above games as we decided we'd base ourselves in Cape Town. We actually got 8 tickets for some of those group games, so if your own application doesn't come through I'm sure we can help!!

Yes, that is what I am expecting them to do.

You never know they might just be reasonable for once!

Reasonable???? No chance they'll just nab your cash.

Between me and the mate I applied with, we have tickets for all of the above games as we decided we'd base ourselves in Cape Town. We actually got 8 tickets for some of those group games, so if your own application doesn't come through I'm sure we can help!!

Your about to get a flood of Emails now Tris, some of us got bugger all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reasonable???? No chance they'll just nab your cash.

With interest rates where they are and the way our economy is heading ... I'm quite happy for a chunk of my savings to be sitting in FIFA World Cup tickets to be honest!!!

Your about to get a flood of Emails now Tris, some of us got bugger all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You already have my email address fella ;)

I´ll be back on at 6 in the morning to try and even the score with some semi tickets.

Semi final tickets nor final tickets are not going on sale in Phase 2. You will have to wait until the next lottery stage.

Just managed to get the second round application in fairly promptly. I´ve gone for 2 more group games in J´Burg and a quarter final in Port Elizabeth.

Strange that both the final and the two semis were showing on the application screen though. If I get all these 3 tickets then that will be my application finished, so I sort of hope that those tickets weren´t available here on some sort of flaw of the system!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glenn Johnson's a sucker. All this nonsense that he needs to join a big club for his England career, despite earning his place in the side WITH Pompey. :rolleyes:

I didn't watch anymore after HT. Pointless exhibition game, and ITV have the worst coverage ever.

Archived