BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Not A Build Up To The Ashes Thread

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So does Bell. And Bell is the far superior fielder.

No he dosen't, He averages about 40/41. Batting down the order. Cook averages over 45 opening. Bell is more stylish, but just gets out. He lacks the mental toughness to be a top batseman. Howver the debate for me should be Collingwood or Bell not Bell or Cook.

BTW Flopsy Bell has a realy poor record against Aus probably worse than Cook.

We'll agree to disagree. Stuart Clark will eat Cook for breakfast.

How can you diasgree Flopsy? Bell avg 40.5 cook avg 45.5 that is fact. Bell is far more pleasing on the eye, but dosen't seem to have the mentality at test level. Cook does- backed up by his record- which is highly impressive for someone of only 23.

Clark is not the bowler he was 2-3 years ago; mainly due to injuries. Johnson on the other hand :blink:

Cook scored some runs against a godawful windies side recently, before that .....

look I'm right, your right, or we're both wrong. What we should do is just play the ladies team, they'd do a much better job methinks

I quite enjoyed watching the last couple of matches in the 20/20. Much better paced than the times I've watched a 5-day test - there seem to be fewer "wasted" balls.

I'll reconsider that after watching the Ashes this summer, though.

I quite enjoyed watching the last couple of matches in the 20/20. Much better paced than the times I've watched a 5-day test - there seem to be fewer "wasted" balls.

I'll reconsider that after watching the Ashes this summer, though.

"wasted" balls? There is no such thing in cricket, we play every ball on it's "merits"

Bloody yanks and their short attention spans :)

Brad Hodge as replacement?

I might even have a wry smile that Watson is injured........

One on my favorites DB.. we will lack the bowling option though. A fit Watson would tear most teams apart.

I dont need to give him a break, he appears to be managing it all by himself.

easy flops.. The guys dream is to play in the Ashes.

Update on Watson

Aus vs England Lions starts tomorrow

Decent line-up by both teams

England Lions: I Bell (captain) (Warwickshire), T Bresnan (Yorkshire), J Denly (Kent), S Davies (wk) (Worcestershire), S Harmison (Durham), S Mahmood (Lancashire), S Moore (Worcestershire), E Morgan (Middlesex), G Onions (Durham), A Rashid (Yorkshire), V Solanki (Worcestershire).

Australia: S Katich, P Hughes, R Ponting (capt), M Hussey, M Clarke, M North, B Haddin (wkt), M Johnson, B Lee, N Hauritz, S Clark.

Archived