SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there all Rovers fans in the USA. Not sure if anyone will be able to help, but i will be in California (Desert Hot Springs) for a month in June/July.

Can't wait, but we will be getting there (hopefully|) after England have qualified out of the group stages in Euro 2012. All i want to know is will the matches be shown over there and if so, on what TV channels (ESPN ????).

Also, if anyone does have any personal knowledge of that area, it would be brilliant to find a bar to watch it in if anyone has any ideas.

Hopefully going to take in a LA Galaxy match whilst we're there so shouldn't have too much football withdrawal to cope with !!!

Cheers

Hi there all Rovers fans in the USA. Not sure if anyone will be able to help, but i will be in California (Desert Hot Springs) for a month in June/July.

Can't wait, but we will be getting there (hopefully|) after England have qualified out of the group stages in Euro 2012. All i want to know is will the matches be shown over there and if so, on what TV channels (ESPN ????).

Also, if anyone does have any personal knowledge of that area, it would be brilliant to find a bar to watch it in if anyone has any ideas.

Hopefully going to take in a LA Galaxy match whilst we're there so shouldn't have too much football withdrawal to cope with !!!

Cheers

ESPN has all the rights to the Euro here in the states, 4 years ago they showed every Euro Match on either ESPN or ESPN 2, this time around the matches might be on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN3.com I would also suggest finding a Pub that would show the matches but that may be difficult due to time differences. (I'll ask some of my friends if they know of any but i'm not hopeful) I would imagine that in the knockout stages all the matches will be shown on either ESPN or ESPN2 so you wouldn't have to worry about the internet feed on espn3.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=1590265.html

Cheers and hope that helps.

-Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flying over on the 21st. Gonna be in Long Island for the Spring at least. A place called Manorville in Suffolk County.

thats pretty far out on Long Island, but if your gonna spend a day in the city, why not start the day by taking in a rovers match with us at Legends. Its just a couple blocks from Penn Station where the Long Island trains come in.

I'm actually staying in Mattituck which is a bit further out. Have to get to the Red Bull Arena every Saturday which should be a bit of a drive. The plan is to get into the city every other week or something... Theres a few of us with our own house. Didn't do my research until recently and am chuffed to find out about the lovely beaches on Long Island.

Is the football factory any good for live football? Will be staying in New Jersey for the first 3 days for training and that.

Can't wait.

I'm actually staying in Mattituck which is a bit further out. Have to get to the Red Bull Arena every Saturday which should be a bit of a drive. The plan is to get into the city every other week or something... Theres a few of us with our own house. Didn't do my research until recently and am chuffed to find out about the lovely beaches on Long Island.

Is the football factory any good for live football? Will be staying in New Jersey for the first 3 days for training and that.

Can't wait.

Tooogs, may I ask what you are doing. I think I read earlier you got a job with the Red Bulls, correct? It seems weird that they'd stick you out on the end of Long Island and expect you to drive 3+ hours every week.

The LIE is a horrible drive too.

Can't wait.

Tooogs,

The Football Factory and Legends are the same place. It's pretty much the best place for Live Football in NYC.

Everyone,

This Saturday March 10th we will be watching Rovers - Wolves at Legends Bar on 33rd st. between 5th and 6th. Match starts at 10am, look for us downstairs.

Speeeeeedie,

I'm a coach for the Red Bulls working with clubs in and around new york, I only have to go to the ground for the games. I will be on long island for the spring at least. After then I may move somewhere else but its unlikely. I will have my own club to coach with all different ages and genders, I will train them and then manage them on match days.

Living with a couple of other coaches I know in red bull housing and given a car too. Will try and make it to NYC when I can. I've never been to the US before.

Hopefully going to be an amazing experience.

Speeeeeedie,

I'm a coach for the Red Bulls working with clubs in and around new york, I only have to go to the ground for the games. I will be on long island for the spring at least. After then I may move somewhere else but its unlikely. I will have my own club to coach with all different ages and genders, I will train them and then manage them on match days.

Living with a couple of other coaches I know in red bull housing and given a car too. Will try and make it to NYC when I can. I've never been to the US before.

Well as much as I hate Red Bull, good luck to you!

Speeeeeedie,

[/quote

Cheers pal, I now completely understand what you are doing. Done similar myself, as have mates. Enjoy yourself.

going to be in New York on the 20Th is there anywhere i can watch the Sunderland match near madison square garden because ill be going nicks game straight after.

our home bar (legends) is a very short walk from Madison Sq Garden. Legends is located at 6 west 33rd st. between 5th and 6th aves, right across from the empire state building. They will have Rovers Sunderland on at 4pm. I'll be there and I imagine Steven (BPF) might be able to make it depending on when he gets off work.

our home bar (legends) is a very short walk from Madison Sq Garden. Legends is located at 6 west 33rd st. between 5th and 6th aves, right across from the empire state building. They will have Rovers Sunderland on at 4pm. I'll be there and I imagine Steven (BPF) might be able to make it depending on when he gets off work.

I'll be there for the second half.

Archived