BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

Hey I am in the process of putting together a supporters group for Rovers in New York City, or at the very least a group of lads who get together to have a few pints and cheer on Rovers. I also want to put together a website for Rovers fans all across the states. The first step would be gathering e-mail address from anyone that is interested in either idea. So please if you are in the US send me a pm with your e-mail so I can add you to our growing list. Also specify if you are in the New York Area so I can avoid sending e-mails to a supporter in LA about getting together in the city for a match.

I know this idea has been bounced around before, even by yours truly, but I have a bit more time now and hopefully this can develop into something. Every Rovers supporter in this country knows what it is like to be the only one in the pub in blue and white, hopefully we can change that a bit.

cheers,

Jay NYC

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Keep running into more and more rovers in nyc, this might end up working...

I know a couple of Rovers fans in Berwick, Maine, this is obviously a little to far from NYC.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed of progress of the NYC Blues.

Thanks guys,

Ive already spoken with Blue/white, and it looks like as of now we have about 12 people in the NYC area willing to get together for at least a few games. I still need to hit up facebook and myspace, to try and make this bigger. I have also heard that there are 3 or 4 rovers fans who meet at the Red Lion every once in a blue moon, (read an article on it in the lancashire newspaper, apparently a few guys that work for the club met up with them.)

Cheers,

Jay

here is that article i found about the rovers in nyc and from lancashire that met up at the red lion.

Rover in nyc article

if anyone knows anything about who these guys are and how i might be able to get in touch with them let me know.

-Jay

link

This the website for one of the NYC fans in the LET article

really hope this takes off. First NYC then move on to other regions. Phily, the South, West Coast Cali , NE, .....could be big.

If something sprouts up in philly let me know... its still an hours drive, and there's places closer to me where I can watch, but I'm not too far from there.

This sounds great Cali!!! I got so tired of being the only Rover supporter at Nevada Smith's that

I stopped going. Granted, having a new baby didn't help matters. But Roll on August !!!!

Give us a hollar for the next meetup!!!

Cheers,

al

If you do get something going, let me know. My friend Ed is a big football fan - not Rovers, but I'm sure he'd be up for a meetup to watch a match - I did get him an away top, so he could blend in!

• 2 weeks later...

Sent you a PM, Cali. I'm mostly a lurker/reader, not a poster. But I live in LA and would be happy to help out if you think I'd be of some assistance organizing something on this end of the country.

I was in NYC a few years back and am 99% sure Nevada Smiths was where I watched Rovers play Man United (when we won 2-1 on a pair of MGP goals...I was the only one jumping up and down screaming while all the bandwagon ManU fans were giving me evil looks).

Sent you a PM, Cali. I'm mostly a lurker/reader, not a poster. But I live in LA and would be happy to help out if you think I'd be of some assistance organizing something on this end of the country.

I was in NYC a few years back and am 99% sure Nevada Smiths was where I watched Rovers play Man United (when we won 2-1 on a pair of MGP goals...I was the only one jumping up and down screaming while all the bandwagon ManU fans were giving me evil looks).

I think we have all been the only one in the pub at one point or another, I was mockingly singing "theres only one malcolm Glaiser" last year and it ###### a few of them off... by a few i mean all the Man U guys that didn't go to NYU...

I agree it just matters as to where in BK the pub is and when it opens... also I have never had a drink on the house at nevada's even though i was there as often as rovers were on tv and at one point whenever USA was on, meanwhile the place i watch the us games now I get a buy back nearly every beer, plus free shots when the US scores a goal...

hey there.

while i'm in texas now, i am hoping to be in nyc in a year or two, so i will get in touch with you then. until then, if you need help with anything to do with making/designing the website, or graphics in general, i'm a graphic designer and would LOVE to help with anything blue n white.

hey there.

while i'm in texas now, i am hoping to be in nyc in a year or two, so i will get in touch with you then. until then, if you need help with anything to do with making/designing the website, or graphics in general, i'm a graphic designer and would LOVE to help with anything blue n white.

If you're ever up in DFW from the San Marcos area, you'll have to let Hypo-Luxa and I know for a meet up for a game.

Archived