BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it is... which might mean we need to go to nevadas just cause other pubs might not be open.

the derby is scheduled for the last Sunday of this current month, correct? Let us know where the meet up shall be... looks to be NVSmith's due to the early kickoff, eh?

Whereabouts in South NJ? I'm in Atlantic City and wouldn't recommend anyone ever visit here, but if there's somewhere closer than NYC to watch the game, count me in.

I'm only about 40 mins down the expressway in Glassboro. There might be more places to watch it in AC though than glassboro, not a big pub spot here.

• 2 weeks later...

US Roverites

I will be in Philadelphia this weekend for the game, will anywhere be showing the match?

After all it is 7am on a Sunday!!

Would love any information or to meet up with some American Rovers fans. Otherwise I will be watching the BBC updates from my hotel room!

US Roverites

I will be in Philadelphia this weekend for the game, will anywhere be showing the match?

After all it is 7am on a Sunday!!

Would love any information or to meet up with some American Rovers fans. Otherwise I will be watching the BBC updates from my hotel room!

Hi, we could try and see if Fados will be open and if they could get the game on. I'll ask around some of the other places in Philly I know, Vee-An and I were starting to think about this anyway. Otherwise if anyone wants to bring coffee/eggs and bacon, I have a decent size home theater in the basement, I could shoe the wife off to the in-laws for the evening on Saturday and am happy to host a few people in Deptford.

CONFIRMED FOR ANYONE IN PHILLY AREA - JUST TALKED TO FADOS, THEY WILL BE SHOWING THE GAME AT 7AM LIVE IN THEIR MAIN BAR.

The 2 fat Asians will be present. If anyone wants to cheap out on the tolls, parking and gas, the party bus (i.e. my lady's Dodge Caravan) will be leaving from Deptford and picking up my colleague in Mt. Laurel happy to pick up anyone who wants to join the ride share since parking in Center City is $20 for that length of time plus tolls another $4, so if you can take the embarrassment of showing up in a Caravan with PTA stickers all over it, drop a line

Oh guys just as a reminder, the clocks go forward at midnight on Saturday night so the game will be an hour earlier.

We already ticked over in the US, it's at 7am local time over here, kudos to Mick and the staff for opening the place up early I say - heard it was at the request of some Burnley fans though, so sounds like they are going to have a few "dingles" in there.

Can they serve alcohol at 7am? :blink:

In pennsylvania they cannot serve on sundays until 9am I believe, but I am not 100% sure.

I will send out an e-mail to the US rovers mailing list and include Fados as the spot to watch the match in philly!

As for anyone in the NYC area I am trying to find out if the Red Lion will open for us, Philly is a bit too far of a trek for me, but hopefully i can get a handful of people together up here again.

Jimmy, River Cider, and Rog of the Rovers are both going to Fados... and I'm assuming Sleepy Jack will make that trip rather than the NYC one.

As for NYC I checked in with The Red Lion and Nevada Smiths and the Red Lion assured me that they will be open for the 7am match against Burnley, while Nevada's has not... So the Red Lion it is.

7am Rovers v. Dingles

Red Lion NYC

151 Bleecker St. (at Thompson Street)

New York NY

Jimmy, River Cider, and Rog of the Rovers are both going to Fados... and I'm assuming Sleepy Jack will make that trip rather than the NYC one.

As for NYC I checked in with The Red Lion and Nevada Smiths and the Red Lion assured me that they will be open for the 7am match against Burnley, while Nevada's has not... So the Red Lion it is.

7am Rovers v. Dingles

Red Lion NYC

151 Bleecker St. (at Thompson Street)

New York NY

:rover: i'm sure nevadas will be open its just a sports bar really,but better food in the red lion :tu::brfc:

:rover: i'm sure nevadas will be open its just a sports bar really,but better food in the red lion :tu::brfc:

From the PMs I have got, looks like we might have a double digit showing at Fados - given that the bar said that Burnley fans had asked them to open early, have to think it might be a sparky atmosphere (at 7am on a Sunday!)

Archived