BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

I'm coming over to Chicago for a few days holiday this summer (July probably). If anyone in the area wants any Rovers goodies brought over please say. :brfc:

And I am also looking to organise a boys drinking and gambling trip to vegas later this year....should be fun.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it'll prob be a little while before i make it down to philly again, but it'll happen eventually.

Is anyone going to get together for the Man U game? I can get to NYC as easily as Philly for a Saturday game since I can charge a hotel to the company on Fridays.

Is anyone going to get together for the Man U game? I can get to NYC as easily as Philly for a Saturday game since I can charge a hotel to the company on Fridays.

If you go on the Saturday you might have a problem; it's been re-arranged to the Sunday, 1:00 PM kick off.

If you go on the Saturday you might have a problem; it's been re-arranged to the Sunday, 1:00 PM kick off.

Oops, rookie error, going off my "official Rovers fixture list" from the start of the season.

13 - 5 = 8 so 8am on Sunday.....might be a Philly trip after all (dare I ask if anyone else is up for going to Fado's - I only have 2 kids and the other one is quite healthy and careful!)

For anyone in the NYC area, a couple of us will be getting together to watch the match against United, which will be on at 8:25 am on fox football plus (the old setanta) we will be watching at Jack Demseys on 33rd st between 5th and 6th ave. They serve full breakfast and its a great bar so please watch the game with us if your in the NYC area.

per Steve Goff, Rovers may be coming to Washington DC to play DC United in August:

While D.C. United is poised to gain its first point(s) of the season, details continue to emerge about the club's proposed friendlies against European competition. We told you Friday that AC Milan might drop by RFK Stadium in late May, and now we're hearing that United is hoping to arrange matches against Glasgow Rangers in late July and Blackburn Rovers in early August. United is also tentatively set to play El Salvador's national team this summer.

full link here

(part of matchday posting)

spoke with my contacts again today and while they would not confirm anything yet, things are "moving forward"

I'd say its 80% on at this time

if that is the case, I'll be mroe than happy to coordinate things with official supporter groups and everyone else to plan a fun time in the nation's capital

I'm sooooo excited about this!! The last rovers game I was at was the FA cup semi v cheski and can't wait for this. I plan on getting a few sigs from the team. Do we know if there be an open to the public practice? Also do we know who will be gone due to world cup duty?

................ Do we know if there be an open to the public practice? Also do we know who will be gone due to world cup duty?

1) Very unlikely.

2) This will be a couple weeks after the Final and a month after Group play finishes if the dates suggested in the blog are to be believed. Almost all if not all will be back by then.

Oh can anyone find out if there are any footy fields near by I was thinking maybe we could get a game goin the day before. Just a thought...

Training will most likely be at American University where 2003's was. I don't know if there's a public pitch in the area or not, but I'm sure there are a few in safe areas of the city near the Metro somewhere. Rebelzero can address that.

• 8 months later...

Just alittle update, Three NY based rovers got together for the big win over Liverpool. It was nice to celebrate a big win at the pub with some company rather than just watching it at home.

I watch most of the matches at Jack Demseys or Legends, both are located on 33rd st. between 5th and sixth. also I'll try to do better about sending out e-mails when we do get a few of us together.

Archived