BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent our Rovers USA logo to the club to see if we could use it, seeing as it has elements of the Rovers official badge in it. I was shocked with how quickly they wrote back to me and the women I talked to said she would look into it for me.

The latest that ive heard of the Black Horse Pub in Brooklyn is that it should be open soon, but its been about a week since i heard that. and NYC building inspectors can be a pain. So hopefully its open for the Wolves match.

• 3 weeks later...

Our logo has been approved by the Club, and we are slowly but surely getting closer to our target of 50 east coast members... also sorry for the lack of recent updates but ive been very busy, and with the Wolves match and this sundays match being untelevised and tape delayed respectively (in the us) we didn't have any meet-ups scheduled or anything of that matter. Anyways cheers.

Okay due to me getting a real paid internship (hooray) I don't think I'll be able to make the drive from the Philly area to Nevada Smiths. Are there any Philly area Rovers who'd wanna meet in our around the Philly / south Jersey area for the Dingle game?

Too bad you wont be able to make it up here, we are still unsure if the dingle match will be a Nevada Smiths thing or a Black Horse thing... As i'm not sure if the Black Horse will be open, I'm still holding out hope that I'll be watching Blackburn Arsenal over there this sunday, but im not sure when it will be open. Expect an email regarding the Arsenal match later this week.

Okay due to me getting a real paid internship (hooray) I don't think I'll be able to make the drive from the Philly area to Nevada Smiths. Are there any Philly area Rovers who'd wanna meet in our around the Philly / south Jersey area for the Dingle game?

If we want to try to do something for this, I know of a few places in the philly area where we can get together and get a screen on the match, as long as its on setanta or FSC.

If we want to try to do something for this, I know of a few places in the philly area where we can get together and get a screen on the match, as long as its on setanta or FSC.

Yeah, I'm dead set on meeting up with someone, somewhere for this game at least. Just with the working late Saturday and having to be back afternoon Sunday, it's close to impossible to get to NY and back to Philly safely or in time.

Yeah, I'm dead set on meeting up with someone, somewhere for this game at least. Just with the working late Saturday and having to be back afternoon Sunday, it's close to impossible to get to NY and back to Philly safely or in time.

:rover: it's only 40 mins by plane :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

It seems it will be a nice little East Lancs get together so to speak :lol:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124829753

What I don't get is why they are traveling up to the Big Apple for the game ..... do they not have TVs up in the Appalachian Mountains or down in the Louisiana swamp-lands? ;)

Sorry to bring this thread back again but anyone have a preference on which NYC pub to watch the game in? They're both pretty easy to find so it comes down to Black Horse for the Rovers cameraderie or Nevada Smith's for the potential of a great atmosphere with some Burnley fans.

I'm getting up ridiculously early to travel to watch the game and would love to do so with fellow Rovers fans, as I don't think I've even seen another blue and white shirt in the last six months.

Just checked the pubs in Philly that are on the Setanta venue search. Any Philly/Penn/Jersey/Del/Mid Atlantic Rovers have a preference on which to go to? I'm still not sure if I can make the trip up to NY and would really like to meet up with some people for this match.

Up until about 30 mins ago, I was going to be working off site on Saturday. But now that job has been postponed a week! :)

I know a place fairly local to me in Wilmington (easy on-off 95) that starting this seas does a full breakfast for games, and has FSC and setanta. That's where I'll be if we don't do anything concrete. Stoneys on 202.

Watch the match at the RED LION PUB

In order to make sure we have as many rovers in the same place at the same time I sent this message to everyone on my mailing list.

A group of Rovers will be gathering this coming sunday to Watch our Beloved Blues take on the dingles. The match starts at 8am sunday morning and It is gonna be alot of fun.

Red Lion Pub

151 Bleecker st. (at Thompson st.)

New York NY 10012

redlionnyc.com

Praying for a late call time so I can make this one boys!

-jay

Archived