BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I knew it would!

Really good to meet you both, if either of you ever come over to Blackburn, then be sure to get in touch!!!

I listened to the game on the internet back at the hotel. At least I didnt miss any goals.

Rivercider was missing in action! CaliRoverNYC, AmericanRover12, myself, sister and dad were the only ones there!!!!

Haha I knew it would!

Really good to meet you both, if either of you ever come over to Blackburn, then be sure to get in touch!!!

I listened to the game on the internet back at the hotel. At least I didnt miss any goals.

Rivercider was missing in action! CaliRoverNYC, AmericanRover12, myself, sister and dad were the only ones there!!!!

Rivercider's 6 year old decided to fall through the patio screen at 6am and so Mrs. Cheung and I got to spend the day at Kennedy going through x-rays and in-laws. Totally gutted (for him as well as me) - missed the meet up, the game and have a hyperactive young 'un in a cast who has JUST gone to bed feeling very sorry for himself. Did try to pull the "not much I can do here" routine around 7-30 hoping to catch the second half, but the look from both the Mrs. and the Mother-in-Law told me I was on to a non-starter there. My bigger battle is going to be getting away at the end of next month when we're supposed to be going to Blackburn - you'd think no child ever broke his arm before, but that's the Asian way, no such thing as a "little drama" - you'd think Oscar had just lost a limb, not had a perfectly clean break that will heal in 6 weeks.

Dr Ryan - I went to Philly and crashed at Americanrover12's house, I wasn't expecting you to spend 100 on the trip... plus you never said you were gonna go.

Rivercider - Sorry to hear about your kid, your excuse is totally valid, and I hope your trip to Blackburn goes as planned.

Sleepy Jack - Where were you?

Roger - It was awesome meeting you and your family, we felt horrible after they opened up, and Jimmy even called the hotel to try and get a hold of you guys, but asking for "a group of three English people that may have just walked in to the hotel" wasn't enough for them to figure out who you were.

Cheers everyone it was a good day!

We were all ursed before the start then it would seem.

Rog, real pleasure to meet you and your family, sorry about the pub opening right after you left.

Rivercider, sorry to hear about your little one. Hope all is well.

We'll have to try and do this again some other time when fate hasn't plotted against every one haha B)

Rog, real pleasure to meet you and your family, sorry about the pub opening right after you left.

Rivercider, sorry to hear about your little one. Hope all is well.

We'll have to try and do this again some other time when fate hasn't plotted against every one haha B)

Would love to, my buddy Vee-An too, he was more irritated than even me because he hadn't told him fiancee he was going to the game so he snook out of his house at around 6am, stood on the street corner for 45 minutes freezing, pulled his hood up to keep warm and a guy offered him a dollar (thought he was a homeless Asian, like they exist!) and then after nearly an hour actually managed to get me on my cell when I was at the hospital and gave him the news.

Let's try this again when there is another televised Rovers game on, would love to meet everyone.

And to both posters above, thank you, after a sleepless night and much sulking (we just decided to cancel the Disney trip over Easter today) he is cheering up. I will pass on to Mrs. C and to Oscar that Rovers fans were good enough to pass on their best and hopefully that gets me one step closer to Ewood in May!

Haha.

Thanks for the call to the hotel!

As I said I managed to listen to the game on Radio Rovers back at the hotel so it wasnt a total disaster.

Watched the City/Wigan game on ESPN2 in my room, if only the Rovers game could have been on that channel!

Sorry to hear about the arm break. I trust the boys will be able to meet you for the next televised game (Man Utd a week on Sunday?)

I will be back at Ewood for that one, but will be thinking of you!

You did better than I did. I missed him by a day when I was visiting Manchester earlier this month (pushy relatives wanted to move on to Scotland). Rog (or any other fan), if you get over to Arizona or Vegas let me know, I'll buy the first round on condition that there is a second. :)

Archived