BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers In Nyc And Usa

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down to meet up for any match, the only kicker is whether or not its on TV over here, I'd guess we get about half of em on TV. If we play Everton while Gull is over here it will most likely be on and we can watch at either Legends or Demseys depending on the other fixtures.

Really Excited to meet you guys.

Heading over for a mate's 40th, 12 of us including the Wife, the birthday boy is a Liverpool season ticket holder and has said we are heading to the 11th St Bar which is apparently a Liverpool Supporters bar. They are playing Spurs so I'm hoping it gets moved for TV!

Heading over for a mate's 40th, 12 of us including the Wife, the birthday boy is a Liverpool season ticket holder and has said we are heading to the 11th St Bar which is apparently a Liverpool Supporters bar. They are playing Spurs so I'm hoping it gets moved for TV!

If the game is on TV there are loads of places you can watch. If it's not you'll probably have to go to one of the bars Cali mentions, as they have internet feeds and the like.

I watched us maul Wolves in Legends last December. It was interesting, if a bit surreal. The place was packed, most were watching the featured game - the one with sound - of Chelsea v Everton.

There were 5 different games on in there. The funniest moment was the lonely Everton fan in and among a sizeable Chelsea contingent jumping up when they scored.

Gull, 11th st. bar has been the liverpool pub ever since they got kicked out of Nevada's.

Speedie, next time your in NYC let us know, I tend to watch every match at either Legends or Demseys, and a few times a year we are able to get a decent crowd of rovers supporters.

BPF and I plan to watch alot of matches together, and the other guys make it out for the bigger games.

Gull, 11th st. bar has been the liverpool pub ever since they got kicked out of Nevada's.

Speedie, next time your in NYC let us know, I tend to watch every match at either Legends or Demseys, and a few times a year we are able to get a decent crowd of rovers supporters.

BPF and I plan to watch alot of matches together, and the other guys make it out for the bigger games.

Hope I can join you again soon.

Cali and American Rover are top blokes and their dedication is heart warming!

Looking forward to it mate! :)

As always, keep me in the loop for larger gatherings.... its a bit of a train ride down from the Hartford CT area, but I might be able to swing it for a bigger crowd.

but do a lot of drinking in Manhattan for Red Bulls

uh oh, you and me may have issues then! :P

*Union season ticket holder, and SoB since 2008*

Any fellow Rovers live in New Orleans???

I have a list of emails from around the country but I don't believe Ive met any from Louisiana yet.

uh oh, you and me may have issues then! :P

*Union season ticket holder, and SoB since 2008*

Ha we may all have issues, Borough Boy since 2008, and Future Cosmos Season Ticket holder (If we get the team)

that said when it comes to the US or the Rovers, that other stuff is out the window.

just curious any rovers in san fran go anywhere to watch games? would love to join up with fellow rovers

I'm originally from San Mateo, but I don't believe ive met any Bay Area Rovers fans, and I think Ive only got Southern California ones on my email list.

Are there any pubs in SF that open early enough for matches? I have trouble getting to the pub by 10 here in NYC, we play at 4am or 7am out by you.

Quite true.

But I might still force you to drink from a bottle, because the Pink cows have no cups. :)

Ha Ha not me, I'm Cosmos (MLS in Queens) all the way baby, we got cups just not a senior squad, Hopefully that will be cleared up by 2013. I would have supported a team in NJ but not one named after a product.

Borough Boys Homepage

• 2 weeks later...

Cali,

I live in Lancaster, PA and my sister lives in Brooklyn. My thought is to come up for a weekend visit and get together for a Rovers match. How far in advance do you normally know when a match is going to be shown at either Legends or Dempseys. This question is for planning reasons. Also, are these matches shown via FSC, ESPN, etc.... By knowing this i can look ahead to anticpate a match being shown.

Thanks,

Kevin

Let me know if you guys the wrong side of the pond are meeting for the Everton game on on 27th August as I will be in NYC that week and would love to catch up for the game. I think it will be a 10am kick off your time.

I'm staying on East 85th Street so ;et me know how close/far away it is that you will be watching it if you are watching it.

Cali,

I live in Lancaster, PA and my sister lives in Brooklyn. My thought is to come up for a weekend visit and get together for a Rovers match. How far in advance do you normally know when a match is going to be shown at either Legends or Dempseys. This question is for planning reasons. Also, are these matches shown via FSC, ESPN, etc.... By knowing this i can look ahead to anticpate a match being shown.

Thanks,

Kevin

The matches are normally shown on Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox Soccer.tv, or ESPN as well as a few canadian channels they get. Sometimes we know that matches will be on a couple weeks ahead other times we know even further... such as games on tv in england will absolutely be on tv here. the 7am match, the 12 pm match and the monday match are always on.

Let me know if you guys the wrong side of the pond are meeting for the Everton game on on 27th August as I will be in NYC that week and would love to catch up for the game. I think it will be a 10am kick off your time.

I'm staying on East 85th Street so ;et me know how close/far away it is that you will be watching it if you are watching it.

If you are staying 85th street it will only be a ten minute ride on the subway. you can just take the 6 train from 86th to 33rd and then walk a few blocks to legends and demseys. If the Rovers Everton match is on tv here in the states then atleast a few of us should be getting together to watch it. Hopefully its on tv and we can have a little viewing party. I'm bitter towards Everton for the 2-nil beating they put on us at my first ever away day.

The matches are normally shown on Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox Soccer.tv, or ESPN as well as a few canadian channels they get. Sometimes we know that matches will be on a couple weeks ahead other times we know even further... such as games on tv in england will absolutely be on tv here. the 7am match, the 12 pm match and the monday match are always on.

Will it be posted on here, the facebook account, or both when a group will be getting together?

Archived