BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Free Sky Sports & Tv On 02 Iphones

Not sure if anyone is aware - however SKY launched their new TV app yesterday which brings SKY TV live to iphones, by the wi-fi networks.

Now 02 are doing a special deal to try and stop the stem of people shifting to other networks with the iphone - 3 months 100% free - Just download the app from the store and text 02 the word SKY to 2020. They will then send you a promo code back

Be quick however because the offer is only open to the 1st 150,000 people.

Normal cost is £6 a month. Following your 3 months, you just need to cancel it prior to the 3 months end date if you dont want to pay in future.

The only gripe with it is that its only by wi-fi - and there seems a serious lack of them out and about around here.

Suppose its ok for at home though if you dont have sky sports but do have the internet to gain access.

Think Kamy pointed out the app - if not just search for 'bskyb' and it comes up 2nd on the search.... :tu:

Guest Kamy100

As my Iphone is "jailbroken" I can use 3g to access this and the picture quality is pretty good. In Manchester lots of WIFI points and most importantly my workplace has WIFI so can use this to watch the cricket which starts on Friday, may keep it on after the free trail, £6.00 is fantastic price, Sky charge over £30 for sports as part of their TV packages.

Guest Kamy100

Yup you can still hook up to Itunes and do everything as per normal, you can even download jailbroken apps to your computer and then sync through Itunes or just download straight onto your phone. I was very iffy about Jailbreaking mine, but it has been fine and love all the extra stuff that I can do now.

Liking it Kamy.

Next question - is there any cable out there which we could use to hook up the iphone to a TV? Im thinking to jailbreak my phone and hook up skysports, via my phone - similar to like I do with the internet games........ :rock:

The 'SKY APP' isnt compatable? Apparently the Audio comes through...but no view. Wont be long before they hack around this.

If the phone can be linked to the tv with AV Cable then im sure it will be possible!

Rumours for those with jailbroken phones to try Slingbox or slingshot (not sure which) or Screensplitr...Kamy give it a try and feedback if you could

Could someone with a jailbroken iphone try this with an av cable?! Its not perfect but its looking more n more likely that there is a work around the app to get it onto TV.

"I haven't been able to play with source code because I haven't got mac os to get the

iphone SDK. I am using the app just as downloaded from cydia with official composite

cable £35 and universal dock £28. Load up tvout app and switch on for sky mobile

app. Exit and load up sky mobile app, select channel and press play then put it in

the dock before it loads up, when the picture loads on to phone it is viewable on tv

but rotated and with intereference at the bottom of the screen. If you lie down on

the sofa or have a tv/monitor that you can swivel/turn through 90 degrees then it is

perfectly good quality picture up to probably about 26 inch screen.

First time I downloaded it, I turned it on for youtube, safari, tvu etc but found

that this offset the picture of these apps on the tv screen making about 1/3 of the

picture not visible. Also had a lot more intereference on sky app.

I had to restore my phone from backup and reinstall blackra1n, cydia etc. because I

lost some stuff. This time just turned on for sky app. Normal TV out capability

worked fine (no offseting) for youtube and tvcatchup. Also was less interference on

sky app, not sure why though."

I thought the iphone was supposed to be able to do anything?!

If I want to watch the TV pictures being streamed to my 2 year old Nokia N82 on a bigger screen, I just connect the two devices with the TV out cable and it works!

You don't need an app to do that!! Or a jailbroken / invalidated warranty phone!

You can do it on the iphone too - however certain apps have a restriction on them so that you cant....afterall your getting Sky sports & ESPN for £6 a month! Does your N82 have skysports?! rolleyes.gif

Yes - it has Sky Sports, ESPN, Eurosport ... in fact it has any channel I want!

Because you've bought a slingbox for it Tris.

Exactly!

I'm watching the Pro20 cricket build up on in right now, on a train just arriving into Glasgow Central station smile.gif

(Another thing the iphone will only support via WiFi instead of over 3G!!!)

Exactly!

I'm watching the Pro20 cricket build up on in right now, on a train just arriving into Glasgow Central station smile.gif

(Another thing the iphone will only support via WiFi instead of over 3G!!!)

Im watching that too - on my un-modded iphone, via 3G.....whats your point?! :lol:

Sky can be used via 3G on jailbroken iphones too.

As a subscriber to the full Sky package, I'm entitled to watch Sky mobile for 'free'.

My handset is a Nokia 5800 which is capable of receiving Sky mobile.

However, and here's the catch - it's only on Vodafone, Orange and 3, because I'm on O2, I can't watch it. Instead I have to buy an iphone - double my monthy tariff and pay an extra 6 quid.

Seems like a bit of a rip off to me!

I was thinking about getting an iphone but now I'm thinking about changing my network... :angry2:

Archived