BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Memorable League Cup Moment

Stuart

Yeh winning in Cardiff was the high point. Given our severely weakened team I didn't have much expectation of a win so travelling down I wasn't nervous at all. It was only in the last five minutes when I thought " We're going to win this" that I got a bit anxious.

I could also tell you my low point- the Rovers of Ronnie Clayton,Bryan Douglas, Fred Pickering, Keith Newton and co

losing to my lowly adopted home town team ,Rochdale 3-1 in 1962 semi-final at Spotland. I've still not got over that one. Luckily I missed the 1-5 loss at home to Workington a few years later.

• 1 month later...

The penalty was not stonewall according to Poll, who said he hadn't awarded a penalty because Sherringham had looked directly at him as he fell.

I have always disliked Sherringham, serve the blighter right, definitely one of my greatest memories!

The penalty was not stonewall according to Poll, who said he hadn't awarded a penalty because Sherringham had looked directly at him as he fell.

I have always disliked Sherringham, serve the blighter right, definitely one of my greatest memories!

The cancer advert where he's playing keepy-uppy with one of his testicles is just creepy! His face looks as if it could BE one as well.

Archived