BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blogs

I fancy doing an on-line blog (just for fun <_< ) but haven`t a clue how to do one or where you do it? :unsure:

Are there specific 'blog' sites?

Do people actually read them?

Do they cost money?

My plan is to basically write about interesting & amusing tales i unearth in my everyday life as a taxi driver. I see & hear all sorts of wierd stuff & wouldn`t mind putting it down in writing.

Can anybody help or point me in the right direction? :huh:

Thanks ;)

Does anybody on BRFCs have an on-line blog?

I fancy doing an on-line blog (just for fun <_< ) but haven`t a clue how to do one or where you do it? :unsure:

Are there specific 'blog' sites?

Do people actually read them?

Do they cost money?

My plan is to basically write about interesting & amusing tales i unearth in my everyday life as a taxi driver. I see & hear all sorts of wierd stuff & wouldn`t mind putting it down in writing.

Can anybody help or point me in the right direction? :huh:

Thanks ;)

Does anybody on BRFCs have an on-line blog?

If you figure out how to do it, PLEASE do it. I love stuff like that although I don't know how to do it myself.

There's loads of free sites to set up a blog.

www.wordpress.com - probably my favourite

www.blogger.com

www.blogspot.com

The easy thing is writing them, getting people to read them is harder. You can use things like twitter, facebook and stumbleupon to promote it.

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42377 some tips are here

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use Wordpress and I absolutely love it. Free, dead easy to use and loads of handy little widgets (polls, forms, etc) that the WP community have developed.

If you google "wordpress mcbuzz" you should find loads of tutorial vids from a guy in the states.

Hope no-one minds if I do a quick link to my football blog www.earlybath.co.uk/blog. It's not Rovers but it's definitely football.

Right now it's just me & the tumbleweeds (what cn174 says - getting people there is the hard bit) so if anyone feels like taking a look & telling me I'm great/misinformed/an idiot then that would be nice.

Ta.

• 2 months later...

wow! i sort of forgot about this thread :lol:

I ended up attempting a blog of sorts.

It`s nothing special, merely an attempt to share some of my experiences whilst going about my daily business.

I hear lots of stories & see lots of things.....some amusing, some thought provoking & some just plain strange :wacko:

You`ll find that Blackburn is crammed full of odd people....me being one of them! ;)

I`m no literary (sp?) genius & my grammar isn`t the best, but this is my effort.

tales of a taxi driver

I`m not sure if the link works properly & i can`t suss out how to view the whole thing, but you can click on other entries in the date field lower down the page.

Cletus, cracking read!

I've added you to my 'follow' list so I look forward to your updates.

I was laughing my head off when reading your 'granny fart' post. As for the fare on New Years where you had to go back and forth to the house to get the keys.....how much exactly did that cost the poor bloke?

Cletus, cracking read!

I've added you to my 'follow' list so I look forward to your updates.

I was laughing my head off when reading your 'granny fart' post. As for the fare on New Years where you had to go back and forth to the house to get the keys.....how much exactly did that cost the poor bloke?

Thanks for the kind words :tu: & thanks for adding me (i noticed somebody had done)

I forget how much it cost the bloke on new years eve, but it was probably in the region of thirty quid :unsure:

Made my normally dull penniless evenings brighter! Brilliant read! :tu:

Thanks for the feedback ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived