BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Evening Telegraph

waggy

Also, it is not helped by Andy Cryer, the first time in decades that the Rovers reporter isn't a fan, and it shows.

I think Cryer is pretty good though.

The match report yesterday was done by someone else.

I only ever get the Telegraph the day after a match for a match report, or for season reviews or something. I've always found it ok, but then again I only ever read the 1/2/3 pages on Rovers, I don't think I've ventured to the front pages yet.

Are you aware Rovers advertise in the local papers of the clubs that are visiting Ewood to encourage away support to come to Ewood? There have been several occassions when the club have been offering a good ticket deal and have paid for advertising to encourage away support to take up the offer.

I suppose you think this is A DISGRACE?

:rover: rovers can advertise because we are playing there team,but utd are supposed to be this mega supported club that can fill there ground at a drop of a hat,why poach in our area :wacko::brfc:

The world changes Waggy. Has news of the Glazers and AFC United reached Rishton yet?

:rover: i was told years ago that my mates who started fc of man were thugs because they stood up to the glaizers when they wanted to buy utd,everything they said has come true,even utd begging for support in our area :blush::brfc:

:rover: rovers can advertise because we are playing there team,but utd are supposed to be this mega supported club that can fill there ground at a drop of a hat,why poach in our area

:rover: i was told years ago that my mates who started fc of man were thugs because they stood up to the glaizers when they wanted to buy utd,everything they said has come true,even utd begging for support in our area

There you are then waggy. You've answered your own question. :closedeyes:

There you are then waggy. You've answered your own question. :closedeyes:

They are not poaching in our area anyway. Most of those who will take up the Utd tickets would not and often do not go to rovers games if tickets are given away. They are not rovers fans even if I feel they should be since this is their town. And anyway I might have bought a Utd ticket myself if I wanted somewhere to go and could afford the cash but it wouldn't change my support for Rovers. I'd just go because I wanted to see a match and there wasn't one at Ewood.

Correct Manc rover. Nothing sinister about it, it's just obvious to anyone with a modicum of sales experience. Market research will have identified and informed the very professional marketing dept at Old Trafford that Man Utd is a very popular club amongst young muslims. Where better to advertise than in Blackburn and similar towns with a large muslim population?

Might be on to something there Theno ... I had a look at the Burnley/Rossendale/Pendle edition from Saturday today ... and no advert from the evil red empire was evident!

:rover: they even got the time of the kick off wrong for the youth team last night :wacko::brfcsmilie:

it's a massive conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this thread is pitiful. a valid point this time as people could have missed out but use a different thread or delete the first posts up until the one i just quoted. use a thread that doesn't begin so embarrassingly pointlessly. should have posted it in the academy thread and kept out of this thread waggy. this thread makes you look silly.

Lets call this 'waggy's thread' for tired and worn-out ex-rovers supporters with a lot of time on their hands.....

Or redemption? Perhaps he will get a Season ticket next August and all will be forgiven.Time for a Poll Vote.

Archived