BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chile Earthquake

According to the news it doesn't appear that the tidal waves will amount to much at all.

I seem to rem the biggy that hit in the Indian Ocean a few years ago was magnified by the shallowness of the water.

Spot on ... in the open ocean a tsunami barely registers ... this is the reason why the low lying but steeply projected topography of the Maldives saved them, while the much further away but shallower coastline of Kenya was devastated.

Spot on ... in the open ocean a tsunami barely registers ... this is the reason why the low lying but steeply projected topography of the Maldives saved them, while the much further away but shallower coastline of Kenya was devastated.

My niece is living in Santiago at the moment, so we spent a difficult 36 hours before she managed to get a message through the British Embassy that she was OK. We are due to fly out there for a holiday on 13th March but it's looking pretty doubtful at the moment, particularly as we should be spending time much closer to the epicentre than Santiago. The saving grace if we don't go is that I'll be able to go to Burnley away!

Archived