BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pes2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It, along with loads of the games mentioned in the "New Games" thread, are now on the banner at the top. If you're thinking of buying any games online and want to support the site, shout up and I'll find you a link to buy them that also generates a small amount of cash for the site.

Guest Kamy100

Excellent, might be an idea to have all these games linked in one thread so people can click and order and also suggest other games. Well done!

what i hate about pro evolution football is, thought theyre minor things, the lack of authentic goal celebrations, what i mean is when you score a really important goal, sometimes the scorer sticks his hand in the air, noone celebrates with him, i mean for f*cks sake i have just scored the winner in the world cup final. i would also like to see in game weather changes, sunny one minute, raining the next.

i would also like to see in game weather changes, sunny one minute, raining the next.

That would make it more fake IMO as a game only lasts 10 mins (OK so I know you're supposed to pretend you actually played 90) and when does it ever go from a downpour to bright sun in that amount of time.

It would look forced and cheesy IMO although I wouldn't mind slight changes so a rainy match could experience heavier rain at the start of the match and light rain at the end but I wouldn't want dratic weather changes in game.

what i hate about pro evolution football is, thought theyre minor things, the lack of authentic goal celebrations, what i mean is when you score a really important goal, sometimes the scorer sticks his hand in the air, noone celebrates with him, i mean for f*cks sake i have just scored the winner in the world cup final. i would also like to see in game weather changes, sunny one minute, raining the next.

None of that stuff makes any difference to how it plays though.

Pro Evo has always been about how good it plays, it left all those pointless gimmicks to Fifa.

Perhaps by adding that kind of stuff over the last few years they've taken their eye off what really matters.

Guest Kamy100

Konami are taking Master League Online this season, to me that suggests that they are very confident that online is working this year. The Beta for this starts on Monday, I have applied for it so hopefully get selected. Below is a video explaining Master League Online, sounds very promising:

any idea if the commentary issues have been sorted for PSP? I have been pulling hair out, when i was playing PES09 on PSP, and had to do my own running commentary. Only when i scored a goal, then the commentator would say "that was a good goal" :lol:

• Backroom

The impressions from the beta are mixed from what I've seen.

Passing is meant to be good but players still run like robots and keeper AI is laughable.

Fingers crossed that can be ironed out for retail.

Guest Kamy100

The Online Beta is from a 60% version of the game. The Videos above are from Gamescon and are from a 80% version of the game, you can see the difference from the Online Beta. PES has been very positively received at Gamescon.

The game is coming out in the UK on 5th October and the demo (which will be based on the final retail version) should be out well before the release of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

It's gonna have to improve a lot to win many back from FIFA. Up until PES10 I wouldn't have touched a FIFA game with a bargepole and had bought every PES game since the old ISS days.

Tried FIFA10 and much to my disappointment it is a superior game.

Here's hoping they've closed the gap with PES11 but I'm not holding my breath.

Guest Kamy100

The demo for this is out this coming Wednesday if you subscribe to Playstation Plus, if not then it is out for everyone (Normal PS3 Users, Xbox 360 and PC) on 15th September.

Below is a preview from someone who has been hugely critical of PES2009 and PES2010:

PES2011 Preview

The demo for this is out this coming Wednesday if you subscribe to Playstation Plus, if not then it is out for everyone (Normal PS3 Users, Xbox 360 and PC) on 15th September.

Below is a preview from someone who has been hugely critical of PES2009 and PES2010:

PES2011 Preview

Sounds positive. Will no doubt end up buying it despite my misgivings anyway! :wacko:

To bolster your defensive options, however, you now have the option to hold up the incoming play. If you run up to the attacking player, hit X, then turn away with the left stick, your defender blocks and tracks his opponent, edging backwards and refraining from going in for a tackle. "What you're doing is holding up the play and slowing down the game," says Murphy. "It's useful when dealing with really tricky players, when you don't want to commit yourself".

That sounds very promising if it works.

It's ridiculously difficult to tackle players like Messi when they run at defenders. I also hope they've stopped the ball sticking to them like glue when running through a group of defenders.

Have been playing the PES2011 demo on the PS3 for the last week. It is such a huge improvement on the PES2010, there is more freedom and it is very much a football simulation, the passing and shooting in the game are just sublime. I strongly suggest that anyone downloading the demo play at least 10 games before forming a judgement, if you do that then you will start to see the depth the game has.

• Backroom

Just tried both demos for quite a while. I want to love PES again but it's so far behind now. It's so robotic and stiff somehow.

Love the tactics screen and pretty much everything else apart from the gameplay.

Edit. I should say I do think the passing and shooting has a great weight to it but the dribbling is killing it for me.

Tco stick with it mate, it is a really good game. For dribbling use the right stick, also dribbling with players of poor ability is not possible but is with the likes of Messi and Robben via the right stick. The passing is superb, it makes you build up play, also by pressing L2 and X when passing which gives you even more control.

• Backroom

Will give it more time as like nelsta said the feeling o scoring is great in pes its just I still feel like the ball is elasticated when dribbling.

The good thing is it's close to greatness again the bad thing is the dribbling could totally ruin the rest of it for me.

Archived