BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Backroom

I'd started my first game since 2009. I've never had a good game with Rovers in any version of FM/CM. I'd just got into my second season with Rovers and spent hours building the team over the summer, I'd ended up with a team of...

.................... Robinson

Hutton . Samba . Huth . Olsson

........... N'Zonzi .. Toulalan

Hoilett .... Wijnaldum Sulejmani

................. Pavlyuchenko

Bunn, Matt Mills, Sidnei, Figueroa, Bardsley, Petrovic, Hitzlesperger, Dunn, Rochina, Naismith, Adriano, Goodwillie

Won my opening two games of the season...then my bloody save corrupted. Had rolling save on but it goes back to May, not doing all that wheeling and dealing again. I spent ages building that team! I'm uninstalling the game and never playing it again, not wasting any more of my life on it if that happens.

Wow, that's gutting mate. The summer takes ages if you're doing a lot of wheeling and dealing, as you say it can take hours. I've had a few things like that happen myself, so now I've got 2 saves and I save roughly once every 2 weeks pre-season and before every game during the season. The only thing I can say is that if you did go back to it you'd probably get through your pre-season quicker as you know exactly who your targets are and the prices/wages they'll come for.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might give that a try, I suppose I did spend most of my time actually identifying the targets and working out who I could afford and whose wages would be reasonable. I couldn't begin to count how many defenders I opened negotiations with.

Not sure I'd get as lucky with some of the sales though. A £9.5 million offer for Formica came out of the blue near the end of the window and allowed me to get a few more in. Plus Hoilett's contract negotiations went on for months as half of Europe were interested in him, and they wouldn't budge from an £8 million release fee. Not sure whether it was a coincidence or not, but they finally moved to £25 million (foreign only) after I'd brought a few bigger names in.

Ah I'll have to try it, I worked too hard not to! Being my first game in years I had no idea who the wonderkids were on this, it was quite refreshing really as I played more as a real manager would. I doubt I'd have ever filled my squad with the likes of Steven Naismith if I was more accustomed to this verison, but I was actually enjoying that a lot more...especially when he came from the bench and got an assist and won a penalty on his debut. :(

• Backroom

FM11 is a really good game mate, probably my favourite since CM03/04, so don't give up on it. Keep in mind you can download a real-time editor and make any changes the game won't allow you to do this time round. For instance you can move Formica to whatever club bid for him and add the £9.5m to your balance - it's obviously not exactly the same but it's not really cheating because in your previous game that's what happened, and it isn't your fault it crashed after all.

The majority of time spent in the summer is definitely wasted identifying and negotiating with targets. If you know who you want to buy and know the figures they'll come for it'll go a lot quicker. You may not get exactly what you had before but you should get pretty close -and if you did want it exactly the same you could always use the real-time editor to put your squad back to the way it was before. Obviously you can't get your wins back, but at least youw ere only two games into the season. I've lost 3 months in the past due to my laptop freezing, during which I'd won the Champions League for the first time :( it pretty much ended that game for me tbh, I didn't want to go back through all of those matches again.

Is really annoying when it crashes and goes corrupt, had it a few times.

If anyone uses the above db that i posted, make sure you disable the first window (unless you want all out summer transfers plus a £15m transfer kitty)

Mangaed to land Kranjcar on a loan last season, sadly he would go for a contract, shame as he basically got me into 6th, got him again on loan though :)

• Backroom

Lost the champions league final for the second year in a row last night... won't lie, i'm pretty gutted :( last year was Madrid so I can accept that... but it was Lyon in the final! Was expecting a win. Had rested the first 11 for a week beforehand as well, as we wrapped the league up on April 14th. Not impressed... sold my goalkeeper right after the final, and a defender too... time for a revamp :angry2:

• Backroom

Champs League is quite difficult... it's the only cup competition I really pay attention to. Tend to let the assistant take charge of the league cup and fa cup (I'll take over if we get to the semis of either comp) and the assistant usually handles the group stages of the champs league as well. Usually means I end up getting knocked out of the domestic cups around the 4th/5th rounds, leaving me with the champs league and prem to focus on from feb onwards.

Not this season though! Going to focus on all competitions and bring home at least two trophies... it's been a good summer and the team is strong B)

Finished 8th in 1st season with Rovers in latest game,but got to the final of the carling cup (lost to chelsea) and won the FA cup (Beat City 3-0!).

Has anyone signed the striker Babacar from Fiorentina. He came up as 4.5star for potential ability in a scout report. Got him for £14m looks a beast.

• Backroom

Has anyone signed the striker Babacar from Fiorentina. He came up as 4.5star for potential ability in a scout report. Got him for £14m looks a beast.

I scouted him a couple of seasons back on my current game (I'm in 2023/24 season now). Had an excellent strike rate playing for Inter. I was considering making a bid (would have cost me around £25m) but a youngster from my youth team stepped up to fill the void so I never ended up bidding for him. I think my scout rated him 3 stars, but with the reputation of my team it's difficult to find players much higher than 3 stars.

• Backroom

Won the domestic treble last season, lost in the champs league semis though -_- have made some big sales, let go of a lot of my established squad members. Going to bring in the youth now and let 'em take the reigns ;) also decided to take the England job, just to spice things up a bit :) hardly ever do international management, but it's 2024 and England have already asked me three times, it'd be rude to keep saying no :lol: plus I like the idea of calling up some of my players to the national team and unpicking some of the Utd/City/Arsenal/Liverpool players ^_^

End of the first season using wallys summer update with CA/PA changes. Lost in the FA Cup final to Birmingham as well.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/86695-Wallys-update

However, check out the relegated teams!!!!

20102011.png

how did you manage to nail over 100 goals?

Im using lfcmarshals update, got a few young players with the xfer budget and using our current squad with the edition of elm

Started a new game with rovers with updated data, decided to create my own tactic (4231) and use a transfer policy for the first season of they have to be 21 or under, recommended by my scouts as level 3.5 or above. From second season onwards I will be relying on my youth academy, and I already had an updated accepted by the board which should help the 3rd season in take.

Aiming to make as much money whilst spending little, investing it all in training, youth and stadium and then destroying everyone by 2020 when the kids get to around 25 :-)

So far going good, flogged the old fossils, team playing good passing football, and 7th in league in october

how did you manage to nail over 100 goals?

Im using lfcmarshals update, got a few young players with the xfer budget and using our current squad with the edition of elm

Samba + Corners = 23 league goals and as many again from tap ins following Samba headers/Goals from Nelsen/Givet playing when Samba was injured/knackered.

It was getting ridiculous by the end of the season. I've actually changed the corner instructions for the next season as i wasn't enjoying it. Changed the tactic a bit as well as it felt a bit cheaty and very unrealistic.

• Backroom

The 'corner bug' is annoying, I did the same thing as you Hemel and purposefully changed instructions re: corners because my right centre-back was getting 15+ goals a season and it's just unrealistic. I still average around 100+ goals a season though. I play with 3 top class strikers so I'm never short of goals :lol:

Started a new game with lfcmarshalls update v8. Spent the 12 min kitty on younsters and Rasmus Elm.

Playing a 4411 but just cant get yak/goodwillie to perform, and whenever I holiday a match my stupid am puts hoilett up front (tony coton). Sittling 10th 20 games in off the back of 4 score draws

• 2 weeks later...

Bar a few changes to contract negotiations and extra player animations, yes.

Tactics wise, I always create my own, start off with one suited to my current team (rovers I make a 4231) then a back up one and one for the future

Archived