SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't accept?! You're crazy!

Maybe if we had you instead of Venky's, Phil Jones, Samba and co, would remain at Rovers forever :lol:

Not so crazy when you see how much I actually sold him to them for

dazmitchellnewsinbox2.png

yayasanogoprofiletransf.png

Signed pato to replace him for £37.5m

As do i, didnt work on that occasion. Thought I did quite well untill he spanked me in a international game (i also just took spain job, sadly im stuck with stupidly old players/underdeveloped youngers, well apart from jese ;-) )

Thought I would cover myself with ganso and put a 200m min release clause in a 5 year contract. Keeps him with me until he is 31.

Thought I would start up a new game, but with the English Leagues down to level 8 (ie EVO STICK that chorley play in)

Created a brand new team, with no money at all, worst reputation by miles in the league, amateur status, worst facilities and no players or staff, and then playing as them.

Thought it would be a struggle but after 6 games I am top of the league on 15 points (only losing to Chorley who are now also on 15 points) and in the 3rd qualifying round of the fa cup (getting there has earned me around 10k).

Being amateur means no wages but also no contracts or loans etc so it is a struggle to get players, so I don't know if it is my tactic I created specifically for this team (a rigid 4 1 4 1 system with a poacher striker) but I am doing really well considering I am told to enjoy the experience for everything and everyone wrote my team off.

1 loss in all competitions and I am nearly in october.

When you win the Premier League, Champions League, the FA Cup, the World Cup etc....you always have a great feeling of accomplishment inside of you. The day the supporters are chanting your name in the streets will always bring a smile to your face......but there is one thing that gives me an even bigger feeling of joy.

It's when you resign from the club and your departure causes a mass exodus. I've just left Blackburn and the entire backroom staff all quit their jobs too. :D

None of my real life friends would do that for me :lol:

I still love the games where your a goal behind and your sub striker score in the 93rd min and you end up running around your house celebraring :-)

22 games into the 2016/17 season, currently 2 points clear having won 16 drawn 6.

Hit a rot of draws so changed my tactic, now playing a 32212 (wing backs, 2 cm support, cam and a poacher and tresq (no idea how to spell it) it seems to put me back into winning ways and im dominating games

Breaking News:

cmb211087 has replaced Steve Kean as the new Manager of Blackburn Rovers.

:D

Ha!! I ended up storming that league, 112 points with over 100 goals scored and around 30 conceded. Now in the Ryman premier? Got to the final of the fa trophy which got me some very nice exposure and money. Also won a few regional cups too.

Now turned semi pro so signed my staff and my star players up to full time contracts....oh btw my star player was a certain 32 year old Michael ricketts, him and my winger scoring around 80 goals between them.

Don't know if this helped but I had team blend on very high all season, some of the moves and goals stunned even me!!

Just don't do an 'Ince' and bring in your captain and put him in the Rovers first team.

It's a editor file, someone on the official si boards did it and it is amazing, all leagues down to level 8 ie evo stik. It's a lot of fun as you have no money unless you get a good cup run like I did.

Legend mate!, just ditched my Newport County game and restarted with Clitheroe, just beat Newport 4-0 in a pre-season friendly funnily enough.

Going to have fun with this, thanks! :tu:

btw made a fortune playing the likes of Barnsley and Charlton in pre-season friendlies at home 14k per game. :)

Legend mate!, just ditched my Newport County game and restarted with Clitheroe, just beat Newport 4-0 in a pre-season friendly funnily enough.

Going to have fun with this, thanks! :tu:

btw made a fortune playing the likes of Barnsley and Charlton in pre-season friendlies at home 14k per game. :)

Set it to a league friendly with it starting on a Monday and you will make a lot more than that. Kind of cheating though :-)

Wish I could tell you more Tim, but can't. All I can say is this may be a version to skip, fm 13 will bring revolution, fm 12 evolution....noticed they didn't reveal the big new feature yet though, which managers who play long term games should like...

...I feel like all the in the knows!! Except I signed an NDA and could get taken to court if I say. Feel free to pm :P

I may have to give this db a go

It's very frustrating.

My reward for doing well in cup runs (there's about 5 of them if you are in Evo Stick 1) is that I now play most of my games within 2 days of each other to catch up with the rest of the league, so I have to field a virtual reserve squad every other game.

I got to the second round of the FA Cup after beating Lincoln City 2-0 away which was probably my biggest achievement, also beat Crawley Town (1st in Blue Square Prem) and Forest Green in the FA Trophy.

Was 10 games behind all the rest of the teams in the Evo Stick Div 1 at one point but am catching up, i'm probably in line with the play-off spots if i win the rest of my games, can't help feeling that i'd be running way with it if it weren't for those cup fixtures.

If I don't get promoted this season I'll field a reserve squad only for cup games and save my first team for league games next year.

The hardest part of LLM is making money. Getting promoted a few years in a row is easy enough, but your stadium etc will be too small to compete. Got AFC Wimbledon to the Premier League on FM 2010. Only problem was I had a stadium with 12300 seats!

On the current one started at Port Vale. Got promoted and have just been bought by a rich tycoon. Premier League here we come!

• Backroom

I swear I find more happiness in managing my team in FM now than I do Rovers :( I created an entirely 'new' club based in Blackburn, swapped them with a prem team (can't remember who now) gave them no players but £100m transfer budget and about a £400k wage budget. Rep set very high - around 9000, so good players can be attracted, but also raises the expectations of the board hugely. Building an entire squad (a decent one anyway) with £100m was harder than I anticipated, particularly with the wage budget not being especially high and expectations to challenge for the title. Finished 7th in my first season and nearly got sacked, things improved after that though, had some massive financial issues but thankfully a takeover ensured healthy finances from the 3rd season onwards. Been playing for about 11 seasons now :) have cycled through quite a few players, but currently every member of my starting 11 has me as one of their 'favoured personnel' which is nice, also means my team talks have more influence on them. The majority of my squad are regens and youngsters I bought in my first few seasons who have been loaned out and are now good enough for the first team... always a sense of achievement when a youngster progresses well :)

FM seems to be the only game I've ever played where winning never gets boring :D

I'd started my first game since 2009. I've never had a good game with Rovers in any version of FM/CM. I'd just got into my second season with Rovers and spent hours building the team over the summer, I'd ended up with a team of...

.................... Robinson

Hutton . Samba . Huth . Olsson

........... N'Zonzi .. Toulalan

Hoilett .... Wijnaldum Sulejmani

................. Pavlyuchenko

Bunn, Matt Mills, Sidnei, Figueroa, Bardsley, Petrovic, Hitzlesperger, Dunn, Rochina, Naismith, Adriano, Goodwillie

Won my opening two games of the season...then my bloody save corrupted. Had rolling save on but it goes back to May, not doing all that wheeling and dealing again. I spent ages building that team! I'm uninstalling the game and never playing it again, not wasting any more of my life on it if that happens.

Archived