BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a dilemma - Stay with Valladolid or take the position at Blackburn Rovers.

My head says stay with Valladolid while my heart is understandably saying Rovers. I applied to see if I would get it which I have now and I dont know what to do.

Rovers are playing well and currently in 4th in Premier League in October and Valladolid are on a good run too, finished 5th last season and won the Uefa Cup

I dont know what to do!

Not quite sure what happended in the process of saving the game, I was offered a contract by Valladolid but there is no mention of them asking me in the news or of me asking them for a contract. But the offer is level with Rovers offer so I took the chance of staying put with a two year extension (currently had 20 months left)

Nelsen left after declaring his interest in the Leeds job (much of a sideways move if anything) Paul Jewell has taken over. Also Simon Grayson is the England manager

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been playing it as much as I should lately. Got promoted in my first season as Nuneaton boss, long term strategy is to reach top-flight football as quickly as possible.

Currently in the middle of our second season and pushing for promotion again. Would prefer to win the league again to prevent having to go through the anguish of play-offs but we'll just have to wait and see.

I have my game set up for the assistant to dish out the team-talks but since the update he only does it pre-match now. Ho hum.

Finished 5th in my first season, just started my 2nd season got £20m Transfer budget and had a fire sale of the dead wood.

Out

Fielding - £250k

Salgado - £975k

Bunn - £2.9m

Alvarez - £5.75m

Andrews - £1.4m

Sanogo - £6m (doesnt fit into my tactic)

Derdyok - £11.25m

Morris, Hanley, Gunning and hopefully Kean out on loan.

Free - Zurab, Rigters, Brown, J Santa Cruz, O'Connor, Benjani

Total - £28.5M

In

J Jones - £7.5m

Stekelenburg - £11m

Van Der Wiel - £11.25m

Kaka - £8m (Also took a slight paycut to sign)

Van Wolfswinkel - £6.75m

Total - £45M

Sat top the table in jan, lost 1 game in 20, won first leg of carling cup semi finals 4-2 away, finished top of my group.in europa league with straight wins.

Olsson has been dropped to LB so I can fit both Kaka and Eriksen in my first 11, both in form so no changes yet. Wolfswinkel is in cracking form too with 24 goals in 19 apps. J Jones leading the tackles per game standings and iv conceeded just 13 goals in the league (3 of those to Dzeko)

Had massive interest in Eriksen, Olsson, P Jones, V D Weil, and Hoilett, each have a price tag of 20m and ill accept no less. Sold Monreal (my left back) for 15m, paid little over 10m for him in summer. Robo has gone to rangers on loan with a view to buy for 4m. I would love to keep his as back up but he wants first team football.

Hanley is developing nicely, he has just gone on his 4th loan spell. Should be good enough to push Samba for a spot next season, Lowe is also pretty decent after a few loan spells so im going to keep hin for cover, sadly no one seems to want Ramm on loan, if given time I think he will develop into decent cover/be sold for a few mil to a mid table club.

Just started a new game with Blackburn using the new patch/update. 10 games played so far: 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. Sitting 2nd in the league so far. Not quite sure how as I suffered injuries to a number of key players at the very beginning. Dunn, J. Jones, Olsson all injured for 2-3 months. I have virtually no flexibility in my team, especially on the wings. I've had to play Emerton and Pedersen on the wings on occasion, but they play better in CM, and RB respectively. Hoilett is the only good, fit winger I have at this point.

Only transfer activity was bringing in Christian Schulz (LB) in for 3 million (I actually requested the board to sign this guy and they surprisingly said yes). Also, sold Roberts for about 1.5mil. Couldn't get rid of Andrews or Brown though :(

I'm tinkering around a lot with my tactics and formations right now. Decided to make it a bit interesting for myself, rather than just stick with the same formation every game, which is what I've done in the past.

Kalinic got 4 goals in the first 2 games, but has dropped off now. I've had Santa Cruz, Benjani and M Diouf all chip in with goals as well. M Diouf has 3 goals in the League Cup so far. Formica has been in excellent form for me as well. Chipped in with a few goals and assists already.

Kalinic got 4 goals in the first 2 games, but has dropped off now. I've had Santa Cruz, Benjani and M Diouf all chip in with goals as well. M Diouf has 3 goals in the League Cup so far. Formica has been in excellent form for me as well. Chipped in with a few goals and assists already.

Quite depressing when compared to real life

Im im 2011/12. I love creating tactics, last season I used a 42121, this season I have a 4231 with inside forwards, junior on left and Eriksen on the right, though ill swap them every now and then.. I also have a 4222 set up and being worked on for next season.

Normally I go mad with transfers and have at least 2 players for each pos but on this save most of my players can play 2 or more, giving me a smaller squad..

Results so far:

Stoke(A) 3-1 Win

Birmingham(H) 2-0 Win

Leyton Orient(H) 3-0 Win

Everton(A) 1-0 Win

Fulham(H) 0-1 Loss

Wolves(H) 3-2 Win

Watford(H) 4-0 Win

Aston Villa(A) 1-1 Draw

Sunderland(H) 1-1 Draw

Man City(A) 1-0 Win

Tottenham(H) 2-2 Draw

The City game featured some fantastic defending and P. Jones' first goal for the club from a corner.

Spurs game was very unfortunate. M Diouf got taken off due to injury in the last 10 minutes, and I was left with 10 men as I had used up all my substitutes with the scores at 1-1. However, Hoilett made a brilliant run down the right to set up Kalinic for 2-1 on about 86 minutes, but Dawson then popped up with an injury time equaliser from a corner :(

The team's been really poor defending set pieces so far, something I'll have to concentrate my match preparation on in the future.

Im im 2011/12. I love creating tactics, last season I used a 42121, this season I have a 4231 with inside forwards, junior on left and Eriksen on the right, though ill swap them every now and then.. I also have a 4222 set up and being worked on for next season.

Normally I go mad with transfers and have at least 2 players for each pos but on this save most of my players can play 2 or more, giving me a smaller squad..

I always wondered how many transfers others make on this as I used to sign well into double figures most seasons.

I also play with 2 for each and then 7 kids as subs who can cover all the positions as back-up/developers.

I always wondered how many transfers others make on this as I used to sign well into double figures most seasons.

I also play with 2 for each and then 7 kids as subs who can cover all the positions as back-up/developers.

done 9 in my current season, however 4 of those are youngsters. outgoing I have 16 loans, some are the same playing going out in jan again, 7 on a free and 10 player sales.

My first team squad is 22 man strong, 6 of those 21 or under, 9 are 30 or over, but 4 of those 9 are out of contract in the summer and robo will hopefuly be sold. Hes a good keeper on the the game but I have better and he wont stay as a back up keeper.

Got a few kids joining in the summer all rated 2.5 stars or higher, Idea behind it is to develop them then sell them on. also have a decent keeper for back up joining on a free.

Hightlights of my season this far (currently in April) beating the dingles 4-0 twice! Won Carling Cup. Lost just 4 games all season, 3 in the league, 1 in the europa league (lost 1-0 to porto in 2nd leg of 2nd round knock out, lost on away goals in a 2-2 agg scoreline)

Currently sat 3rd in the league, 3 points off 2nd, 13 points off first and have 3 games in hand. also through to the semi in the fa cup against ipswich.

Thought this was pretty funny... (monthly overview):

"To summarise, the board are very pleased with your overall leadership of the team.

This has been underlined by the fans' joy at Blackburn's convincing 4 - 0 English League Cup Third Round victory over Watford.

Despite the positives, the fans are disappointed at Blackburn's English Premier Division 2 - 2 draw with Tottenham."

If you thought Blackburn fans in real life like to whinge, well...

I usually have a team of the same size, but generally don't make too many signings. I like to keep the team intact when I can. In this new game my only transfer activity was to send Jake Kean out on loan, sell Roberts and bring in Christian Schulz at LB.

Been played my patched version recently. Finished 8th first season with rovers, then mourinho got sacked at Madrid.

Applied as a bit of a joke, and had to apologise to Venkys who where furious. Within 3 days Madrid got back to me offering me a 110M transfer budget, but expected to win la liga and get to the CL final.

Took the challenge on, and in my first season signed Phil Jones, David Santon and another CB from argentina with an incredibly long name beginning with O. All the signings worked, won la liga with 5 games spare, then won the CL with a 2-1 win against Liverpool. Also won the Spanish cup after beating gatefe, managed by.. big sam!

Second season got given a 115m transfer budget, sold benzema and higuain. Bought Neymar, Hernandez and paulo henrique. Currently 2nd in the league, 4 PTS off atheltico Madrid with 2 games in land.

Recommended signings: Jose Angel, brilliant LB.

Lucas, not the Liverpool one! Young R/L/CAM from

Brazil.

Babacar from fioretina, clinical.

Badelj from a Croatian team, turns out quality.

Well I started playing fm 2011 this week as I love the fact you can berate your board. It's quite satisfying telling Mrs D, her ambitions do not match my own.

However can I ask who did Keans stats, he looks like a world beater on the game.

Also I managed to sell Grella, got £4 million off Porto for him and apparently the fans are not happy with my decision, lol.

Signed two brazilians with the funds raised by selling, Roberts, Keith, Pedersen (8.5 million from Wenger :blink: ), Grella and some fringe players and bought Neymar and a left back from Santos on loan. I do not think Mrs D will be very happy with me come the end of the season and she sees our bank balance. However Neymar as a complete striker/trequista at times is absolutely awesome as is the young full-back and Rovers sit pretty at the top of the league 6 games in.

Can I ask though is the game set-up for our gala signing from Venky's??? Will Mrs D on the game present me with a Ronaldinho at some stage?

Well I started playing fm 2011 this week as I love the fact you can berate your board. It's quite satisfying telling Mrs D, her ambitions do not match my own.

However can I ask who did Keans stats, he looks like a world beater on the game.

Also I managed to sell Grella, got £4 million off Porto for him and apparently the fans are not happy with my decision, lol.

Signed two brazilians with the funds raised by selling, Roberts, Keith, Pedersen (8.5 million from Wenger :blink: ), Grella and some fringe players and bought Neymar and a left back from Santos on loan. I do not think Mrs D will be very happy with me come the end of the season and she sees our bank balance. However Neymar as a complete striker/trequista at times is absolutely awesome as is the young full-back and Rovers sit pretty at the top of the league 6 games in.

Can I ask though is the game set-up for our gala signing from Venky's??? Will Mrs D on the game present me with a Ronaldinho at some stage?

£8.5 for Pedersen is epic! well done.

Venky's will not present you with Ronny at some random stage sadly. Hell after winning the league, Inter (I think) activated Samba's £12.5m release clause (his agent wouldn't allow me to up/remove it) Venky's wouldn't negotiate for Papadopoulos (I was £2m short of what Schalke wanted)

just entered my 3rd season. Transfer window has just closed. got a £27m transfer budget and £1.1m wages.

Out

Nelsen - Wolves - £2.2m

Robinson - Rangers - £2.4m

Gunning - Sheff Wed - Loan £50k, View to buy £1m

Digne - Birmingham - £6.5m

Valpoort - AaB - Loan £300k

Kalinic - Hercules - £3m

Samba - AC Milan - £12.25

Ramm - Carlisle - Loan

Morris - MK Dons - Loan

Lowe - Walsall - Loan

Alay - Morcecambe - Loan

Billington - Chesterfield - Loan

Dunn - Free

Diouf - Free

Emerton - Free

Roberts - Free

Grella - Free

Total - £26.5m

In

11 young players with good potential

Cover

Agazzi - Free

Nastasic - £7.75m

Gonalons - £3.8m

Crisetig - Loan £180k, View to buy - £8.5M

First Team

Hummels - £18m

Didac - £2.5m

Total - £48m

£8.5 for Pedersen is epic! well done.

Venky's will not present you with Ronny at some random stage sadly. Hell after winning the league, Inter (I think) activated Samba's £12.5m release clause (his agent wouldn't allow me to up/remove it) Venky's wouldn't negotiate for Papadopoulos (I was £2m short of what Schalke wanted)

I always play Gamst as CM support and in pre-season he was flying 3 in 4, couldn't believe it at first when he offered £7.

Being Scottish I chanced my luck.

Well, thats put me in my place.

In the 3rd season of my Rovers save. Champions League team, FA Cup and League Cup holders. Applied for the vacant Scotland job.

Got turned down in favour of Steve Blooming Kean!

It's bizarre.

In FM2010 I applied for the England job. Capellos contract had expired and I wanted the job to help blood some of my younger English players. During my rein we had won the league twice, champions league once and the league cup twice FA cup once.

Who got the job everytime?

Sam.

Steve Kean stat's are very impressive and a huge leap from FM 2010.

Archived