BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

Its a very good formation if you tweak it correctly. Sadly many people are afraid to tweak in the advenced settings..

RoversSG this is how Im playing Kalinic (also has my strongest 11)

blackburnroversblackbur.png

And heres Rakitic, bargain signing at 5 mil and my favorite player on FM. Still currently bedding in but still doing very well.

ivanrakiticprofileattri.png

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brief update: Managed to keep my job and have strengthened squad with one or two players. Free transfers of course as I have 0 transfer funds and just wage budget of 5,500. But great start to the season and looks like we could win this season

17 games into the 12/13 season, sitting 1st in the league with 37 points, 1 point clear of Arsenal and Chelsea. Stand our performers are Kalinic who has 12 goals in 16 apps, Dzeko with 15 in 17 apps, Olsson who has 9 goals and 7 assists in 17 games and Ivan Rakitic with 2 goals and 10 assists in 12 games.

Highlight of the season so far has to be my 2-0 victory over Barca in the CL group stages, luckily for me Messi and Villa were injured :D

Got a couple of great regens coming in, in January along with Rochina (had to be done as he is rated a potential of 3.5 stars and at £800k I will hopefully get a tidy prophit from it)

Also tied Pedersen and Givet down to player coach contracts, MGP is a 3.5 star shooting coach and Givet is a 3.5 star defence coach. Both are taking the load off my better coaches.

Finished my second season in First Division. Went through an awful phase of leaking goals when I had a good lead. Also is anyone else annoyed when the opp manager comments on your players before matches causing your player to lose confidence and basically lose his good form.

So qualified for League playoff final but lost 3-1 in penalty shootout to Longford town. It was a very close league, bit gutted I didnt win. Maybe next season

22 games into my 2nd season…..unbeaten in the league & top by 3pts after 3-0 wins against Bolton & Fulham, unbeaten in the league cup (just put Chelsea out of the Semi’s) & through to the 5th round of the FA Cup and 1st Knock-outs of UEFA (Lost just 1 game 1-0 to Red Star, playing my reserve team against them to rest my team after already winning the group).

My bank balance is now back into the black with half a season to go, the ground was increased to 36,000 after my 1st season, and the trust loan is complete at the end of the season. Looks like good times ahead for my team.

In season 2 iv signed 21 players for £20.5m, and sold/ loaned several out for around £13m.

• Backroom

Finding this version a bit too easy. I doubt they'll change the difficulty, but being able to win the league with Rovers in my 2nd season is very unrealistic. The match engine shouldn't be so easy to exploit, though I appreciate it's an incredibly difficult mechanism to tweak.

i can't find formica or rochina, anywhere on this game.

i find it so difficult to get in the right coaches :unsure: . you can have a reasonable squad of players, but if the coaching set up is not up to scratch, then you're buggered.

dazmaz...does that formation give you much defensive cover, as from that graphic, it does not appear to.

i can't find formica or rochina, anywhere on this game.

i find it so difficult to get in the right coaches :unsure: . you can have a reasonable squad of players, but if the coaching set up is not up to scratch, then you're buggered.

dazmaz...does that formation give you much defensive cover, as from that graphic, it does not appear to.

I've found Rochina and Formica. I've actually signed Rochina in the hope be develops good.

Errm some games its fantastic such as beating Barca 2-0, others Its really poor such as losing to Stoke 6-5. It is still very much a working progress and for the games vs the 'big 4' I use a 4231 to give me that little extra at the back

i have gone to newell's and looked for him there, being the obvious place, also looking at the national set-up at the different levels in argentina and can't find him there...WTF IS GOING ON!!

i think i may have found rochina, but his name is "greyed out"...i know that means i can't sign him, but i don't get why??

i have gone to newell's and looked for him there, being the obvious place, also looking at the national set-up at the different levels in argentina and can't find him there...WTF IS GOING ON!!

i think i may have found rochina, but his name is "greyed out"...i know that means i can't sign him, but i don't get why??

Your database may be too small. try searching them!

Good to hear you chose a LLT too CookieMonster.

In my second season at Limerick FC, i finished 2nd and in my third season finished 1st winning the Irish First Division. However it has gotten harder to sign players as nobody wanted to come and play at the club. Made very few signings and just played my first league game in the Irish Premier Division losing 4-2 to Shamrock Rovers

Ive been enjoying this thread for awhile now and as I always wait until the end of the january transfer window before I start my career game I thought id wait til now to post my first update.

Im just starting pre-season on the second season, 2011/12, with Rovers using downloaded DB with my own changes taking into account the data changes detailed by cmb211087.

I always disable transfer budgets at the beginning of the first season, gives it more of a sense of reality.

Because of this the only player i brought in during preseason 2010/11 was a left back, Giovani Pasquale , on loan from Udinese and in January i purchased Fernando Tissone, a passing defensive mid from Udinese and Sampdoria for a combined £1.8mil.

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 holding midfielders(Jermaine Jones & N'Zonzi/Tissone, 2 flying wingers(Olsson & Hoilett with Gamst & Mame Diouf backing up) and Dunn/Formica playing in the hole behind RSC, when fit, or Kalinic.

Its pretty good defensivly, actually its very good, as I ended up conceding only 24 league goals!

It was a great first season, I ended up finishing second, 4 points behind Arsenal and 3 points ahead of Spurs in 5th winning 23, drawing 5 and losing 7.

I lost on penalties to Nottm Forest in the League Cup quarters and to Man City in the FA Cup.

Olsson ended up with 22(!!!) assists and 9 goals, Kalinic with 22 goals and 9 assists and Samba with 14 goals in all competitions(Gotta love corners!)Dunn and Formica scored 19 and created 13 goals between them.

Now, onto the 2011/12 season.

Ive got a couple of absolute bargains, was offered and got Oscar Cardoza for £3.2mil(!!!), Garra Dembele(ST) for £1.9mil, Juan Albin from Getafe for £4.5mil and David Ospina(GK) from a relegated Nice for £2.7mil(Was given a £18mil kitty including player sales, Andrews/Bunn/EHD/Goulon/Brown) and also brought in Oscar Wendt and and Jeremy Morel(Swedish & French LBs) and Jirl Kladrubsky(Czech DM) on free transfers. Am negotaiting for Camilo Zuniga, a Columbian D/WBR from Napoli.

My starting 11 and bench for the second season will be

..............Ospina............

Zuniga....Samba....Givet....Wendt

.......Tissone....Kladrubsky.....

Albin.........Dunn........Olsson

............Cardoza........

Robinson

Morel

P Jones

N'Zonzi

Formica

Hoilett

Kalinic

Had a great first season in the Irish Premier Division finishing 4th (could have finished 3rd if result had gone my way). Won Munster Senior Cup and Irish Senior Challenge Cup. Was a good season, lost quite badly to bigger teams in one or two matches - but overall I am pleased with the wins

BTW Dennis Wise is at Blackburn and has us in the bottom three, I declared interest in job - hope my own board dont sack me

Season 2 complete

• Won the league with 82 points (23 wins, 13 draws, 2 losses) – although to be fair the last game I played 6 debutants and lost 5-4 to give my players a rest for the Euro Final
  • Knocked out of FA Cup in 5th Round Replay to Sunderland
  • Won the league cup – beating Birmingham in the Final
  • Won the Euro Cup – beating Roma 4-1 in the final…knocked out Seville & Man City too

All with an average age of just 23.

Top Scorer Kalinic, followed by Benitez and then MGP/ Samba both got 9.

Won Manager of the year – and have turned down both the Everton & Chelsea jobs during the season.

Pre season looms – time to get rid of a few more oldies and sign a few more young stars who iv been tracking.

1 potential superstar who iv had for 12 months now is Lucas from Sao Paulo – left winger/ right winger/ attacker.

Our famous and best midfield supremo Keith Andrews has just taken the managerial position at Galway Utd. I wished him best of luck even though they are my rivals and before he took over I hammered them 5-0 :D

They are rooted to the bottom of the first division though

Archived