BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

Looking to start a game on the new patch tonight :D

How did Formica do in the holiday period?

Any tips for formation, I was thinking 4-2-3-1 deep might work quite well with the following in front of the back four:

Kalinic or Roque

MGP Formica Hoilett

Jones N'zonzi

Exactly how im setting up, with Olsson/MGP and Dunn/Formica rotating. Signed Giovanni Pasquale on loan from Udinese for the LB slot.

Only got through 3 pre-season games so far but its working quite nicely at the moment.

Turned off transfers in the first window as well so only loans available.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the 15m transfer budget we get in the first window.. Also didnt realise how many staff left with sam, we have something like 2 coach and 3 youth coach, oh and mimms.

Loving the 15m transfer budget we get in the first window.. Also didnt realise how many staff left with sam, we have something like 2 coach and 3 youth coach, oh and mimms.

15m? I only set it around 2m :S All finances took into account how much we had before January (5m) and how much we spent in January (Roughly 4m if the Rochina and Formica fees are to believe) so I hope that 15m was a typo?!

Oh and for the record, I dont know what has happened but Nzonzi seems to have been placed on a contract starting in 2010, so the game thinks it is his first season. Triple checked my data and it is 2009 in the one I sent to si so I have no idea why that is happening.

15m? I only set it around 2m :S All finances took into account how much we had before January (5m) and how much we spent in January (Roughly 4m if the Rochina and Formica fees are to believe) so I hope that 15m was a typo?!

Oh and for the record, I dont know what has happened but Nzonzi seems to have been placed on a contract starting in 2010, so the game thinks it is his first season. Triple checked my data and it is 2009 in the one I sent to si so I have no idea why that is happening.

No typo. Ill see if I still have my start of season expectations message, though I doubt it. Got 15m transfer and 750k wages.

Also it seems haney has a better pa than jones. Ramm seems to of been nerfed, kali currently has 6 goals in 4 games, will see if that form stays.

No typo. Ill see if I still have my start of season expectations message, though I doubt it. Got 15m transfer and 750k wages.

Also it seems haney has a better pa than jones. Ramm seems to of been nerfed, kali currently has 6 goals in 4 games, will see if that form stays.

£15m!?

I got 550k :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

What's going on???

After taking Limerick FC as far as I could have, and with Valladolid offering me managers position, I have jumped ship to what looks like a great team. They finished 6th in La Liga last season, so looking forward to this new challenge

550k sounds about right, no idea where 15m has come from. Did you deselect all editor changes pre game daz? Also Hanley and Jones both have random pa's, Jones will likely get a fixed one come fm12, around 180

Havent used editor on fm11. Only use it when I decide to make a super league. Club is worth 65m, with about 7m of debt?

Isnt jones a -9 pa and hanley -8? Wouldnt that mean jones would be rated higher once a new game is created and the pa and unallocated stats are set?

Doesnt make sense if it shouldnt be like that, ill take some screen shots tomorrow and post them up

If you are using vista or 7, do an explorer search for snipping tool, it is built into windows. Doesnt work on full screen fm though, only windowed mode

ooops just seen my post doesnt resemble what I was asking. I meant what screen within fm11 do i take a screenshot of to show what version Im running as I assume it will show im not running any custom databases?

I use steam so its literally just 2 buttons for a screenshot

How did you get 15m? I only got 550k? Did you change any settings?

Thats the point im trying to prove, I havent changed anything

If you go to the FM drop down(the one you use to save/quit/preferences etc) then go to Game Status it will show the Game Information which will show what version you are running and how many, if any, database changes have been made, or not made :tu:

When you are starting a new game and selecting a database, it should give you an option to change which editor data you are using. Just make sure none are selected by default by mistake. Only way I can see how yours has 15m whilst everyone else has what I set in the editor

When you are starting a new game and selecting a database, it should give you an option to change which editor data you are using. Just make sure none are selected by default by mistake. Only way I can see how yours has 15m whilst everyone else has what I set in the editor

Btw, isn't 550k a bit low considering that we have new owners? Will the new owners be more likely to pump in more money as compared to the old regime?

Btw, isn't 550k a bit low considering that we have new owners? Will the new owners be more likely to pump in more money as compared to the old regime?

at the time of cmb collecting the infomation we didnt know if venkeys would stump up the cash so couldnt up it. That being said JW was supposed to still be chairman of the club

As I have stated many times before, in the editor we have to put in a pre window budget. This was set at the reported 5m, it is then calculated what we have left after sales and purchases and then that amount is what you see in the game. Formica took a huge chunk of that budget, as did loan fees etc for jones and Santa.

Jw was chairman in the submitted data, but I changed it very last minute when he left.

As I have stated many times before, in the editor we have to put in a pre window budget. This was set at the reported 5m, it is then calculated what we have left after sales and purchases and then that amount is what you see in the game. Formica took a huge chunk of that budget, as did loan fees etc for jones and Santa.

Jw was chairman in the submitted data, but I changed it very last minute when he left.

I think you have done a good job mate, nothing in your data i would have done differently. A very accurate representation of the facts and player judgement.

JUst won the champions league and fa cup in 2012/13 with rovers.

Sold grella, emerton, pedersen, roberts, robinson, and the team looks like this now

stekelenburg,

corluka,jones,samba,olsson

nzonzi

defour, hazard

hoilett,nzogbia

kalanic.

cant believe i won the CL but i did! topped my group of roma/madrid/hoffenheim and then beat sevilla, athletico, arsenal (samba hatrick of headers!!!) and then munich in the final. totally bombed in the league mind, finishing a measly 8th after my high of 4th the year before, but i got a CL place due to me winning. i really shouldn't have bombed, my second string is easily good enough to finish 6+, i just had a horrific start to the season and couldn't recover.

bunn

hinkel,onahua, jones, givet

sandro

reo-coker, formica

bentley (loan for past 3 seasons),kranjcar

boselli or cavenaghi or macheda (loan)

and on the transfer budget issue, i got 8m in my first season. doesn't it depend on what your reputation is too, aswell as your expectations?

I started up a new save with the new update, took over Rovers in Feb 2011, and only lost two of the remainng games, against Chelski and ARSEnal. Got a transfer budget for the new season of £35 million and that's for finishing mid-table! Needed a new right back, but missed out on Davide Santon on a free transfer. The idiot signed for Glasgow Rangers instead... Also missed out on Hargreaves who signed for Villareal. Signed Luca Biglia. Yaya Sanogo,, Milan Djuric, Sylvain Mavreaux, Junior Stanislas (Lost Hoilett to Leicester who offered £17 million...) a South African left back and a few others I can't remember now.

Also sold the usual bunch of crap, Andrews, Grella, Diouf...

Archived