BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm a strange one. do you get any error codes at all??

after a quick scan on si games forums only thing I can recomend is to make sure your graphics card drivers are updated and delete the fm11 crash dumps. only other thing I can find is a potential conflict if you have fm10 still installed?

Yep - is your via stream?

Yea I use steam. tried ALT + F9? that should save it to the screenshots folder in the fm11 folder.

Posted something in there already. Currently trying to install FM10 but having same problems when I tried to install 11.

Its taking ages on "Please wait Football Manager 2010 is being configured for your system. This may take a moment..." but it takes bloody ages. When it happened on FM11 i had actually installed and uninstalled it a good few times

Okay i uninstalled it again, and reinstalled it. The configuration issue didnt affect me this time, and I could continue on with my game, the only problem now, is when I select my team, I usually select based on the last five games, however the game isnt putting it in order until I select a player then it readjusts in the correct format from best to worst.

But everytime I change the filter from GK to Defence it reverts back to the wrong format, until I select a player again. Annoying.

Daz, have you a training schedule you are using?

I downloaded my training from fm base, its actually pretty good,

youth - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3798

senior medium workload - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3595 (note players like EHD and co, complain that its too heavy)

senior heavy workload - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3563

The final game of the season was a frightening affair for all Rovers fans alike with the club needing just a draw to win the league. A visit from West Ham was on the cards, Blackburns usual bogie team however fans were feeling out of character and were optimistic, something that is rare amongst Blackburn fans.

Rovers took the lead just before half time through a Samba header. West Ham came out all guns blazing and found themselves 2-1 on 63 mins. News began filtering through, Liverpool are 1-0 up against Arsenal. Panic and worry begins to fill the faces of the Ewood faithful as their minds flash back to that game at Anfield in 1995 and how they all felt on that famous night.

Then a breakthrough, Olsson picks the ball up 45 yards out. turns and begins a frightening run towards the West Ham defence, round one, two and just Green to beat, the shoots......... GOAL!! the stadium erupts and 35,000 begin screaming atthe top of their lungs, the people in Oakdale Nursing Home are going to be wondering whats going on.

All Blackburn needed to do was hold out for the draw and the title was theirs. However manager Mitchell had other plans, in the pre match interview he promised the home fans a win as a special thank you for all the support they have shown him and the team over the past season.

78 minutes gone and Hoilett spots the run of Olsson, Crosses it across the 18 yard box, Olsson hits it first time on the volley, and it in. 3-2 to Blackburn and the crowd go wild, They erupt into a chant of 'Darren Mitchells magic, he wears a magic hat' (sorry had to put it in :P)

News again begins filtering through, the scoreline at Anfield is 3-1 to Arsenal, Blackburn would of won it regardless.

englishpremierdivisioni.png

BLACKBURN WIN THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE!

Blackburn rovers lifted the Premier League trophy today for the 2nd time in their history.

Blackburn were given odds of 150/1 to win the trophy and have battled against all odds to win it on the final day.

Stand out players for the team are

Nicola Kalinic, who managed to score a massive 34 goals in 48 games. The young croatian has come on leaps and bounds under current manager Darren Mitchell. Kalinic has made a name for himself as a prolific goalscorer with 50 goals in 66 apps under Michell

nikolakalinicprofileatt.png

David Ospina came to Blackburn in the 2011 summer transfer window for a massive £10.25 million, smashing the previous record club transfer. However it seems Ospina has been worth every penny conceeding an average of 0.88 goals per game over 59 apps and managing to keep an impressive 26 clean sheets.

davidospinaprofileattri.png

Christian Eriksen join the club in the summer window of 2011, again smashing the clubs record transfer costing the club £16.25 million. Eriksen just 20 years old worked with Kalinic superbly, providing the club with 25 assists and 9 goals in 51 apps.

christianeriksenprofile.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Other players to make an outstanding contribution are, Chris Samba, Martin Olsson, David Hoilett, Phil Jones and Oriol Romeu.

Blackburn bogie team for the season was Manchester United. United thumped Blackburn 5-0 at Ewood Park in November, Blackburn managed to scrape a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in March, then the FA Cup semi final saw the two teams draws against each other again, this time at Wembley. Final result 2-2, United then went on to win on penaltys. just 3 days later Blackburn had to play United again, this time in the Chamions League semi final. The first leg ended 1-0 to United, leaving a up hill struggle for Rovers.

A week later United arrive at newly expanded Ewood Park with a new capacity of 40,000. Blackburn take the lead on 32 mins through that man Nikola Kalinic. Sadly Nani made it 1-1 on the 88th minute putting United through on aggregate.

blackburnroversblackbur.png

yeah thats the one I have found too. Seems there isnt that many around. Using Houghs tactic with the wingers - mixed results so far.

It is good training (look at Kalinic for an example) I prefer to make my own tactics, though I imagain you will be getting mixed results because your team may not be used to playing that way yet.

I ended up scrapping the Crewe game when my laptop got a virus...

I had a great game when I started out as an ex Sunday League Footballer and took the reins at Vauxhall Motors, predicted to finish bottom of the Blue Square Bet North League. As the underdogs I applied my trusty counter-attacking 5-3-2 formation and exceeded expectations with a top half finish. 2nd season seen us finish just outside the play-offs, again surprising everyone with our performances and recruiting some raw talent through free transfers spotted by my scouts. Started the 3rd season with a very young side well-drilled in my tactics and with bright futures career-wise, we took charge as league leaders for the majority of the season before a slump in Feb/Mar led us to 3rd although we were able to clinch promotion through play-offs.

By this stage my team was producing some magic when in form but taking too long to re-surface after losing momentum and morale, they always seemed to be crushed when an unbeaten run came to an end. We made the critics eat their words in our first season in the Blue Square Bet Premier League with a 14th place finish, never in danger of relegation, for which we were favourites. I vowed to push on and progress the following season, promising at least another mid-table finish and during another morale-slump I was approached, head-hunted, tapped up... by the recently relegated Darlington. They offered me a contract to walk out on Vauxhall. The Vauxhall with whom I had smashed records with, (youngest ever player, youngest ever goalscorer, highest ever attendance, highest ever league position, highest transfer fees etc.) the Vauxhall that I had revamped from top to bottom - tactics, staff, training, players... I even had the board in my pocket, they loved me.

And yet I acccepted.

A brief glance at the resources available at Darlington told me I'd be going up in the world with a swoop of a pen and a splash of ink. Looking back now, what hurts the most is that the Vauxhall board even talked me up and wished me well through the press.

To cut a long story short - Darlington didn't quite work out. We finished 19th, the players wouldn't conform to my tactics and the board wouldn't get off my back. Vauxhall plummeted the following season and when I declared interest in the position Darlo asked me to apologise or resign. I clicked resign and Vauxhall hired someone else. With my status as an ex Sunday Leaguer it was proving fruitless looking for another job so I had to hit 'Quit' and start again.

Back in 2010 with....Weston-Super-Mare from Blue Square Bet South League.

Watch this space...

OK, time for a brief update. I'm still manager of Weston-Super-Mare and am now in the year 2013. In our first season I set up the tactics and set-pieces and promised myself that I'd stick with this set-up through thick and thin, allowing the players to familiarise themselves and refrain from unsettling the regime. Sticking with a counter-attacking 5-3-2 as underdogs and have been punching well above our weight.

First season was a period of transition. I employed a whole new set-up of backroom staff, got rid of all the deadwood and trimmed down the wage bill. I scouted the freebies and landed a prize catch in striker Gifton Noel-Williams, who at thirty was no spring chicken but provided some valuable experience and mentored his strike partner Nathaniel Foster. Finished 11th, a record for the club.

In the second season I tried not to disrupt anything too much, I renewed all staff contracts whilst negotiating with the board to allow a further two coaches to improve training. Received some money for a few fringe players and brought in a few youngsters with decent potential, also snaring Vincent Pericard on a free at £100 a week to partner or roatate with Noel-Williams (who has been a bit hit and miss of late). Finsihed the season in 5th position and won promotion through the play-offs after hitting form at just the right time.

Third (and current) season now. I'm sitting pretty in second place behind Crewe in the Blue Square Bet Premier League, although there are only around six points between 2nd and 9th so it's a bit up and down. I've been approached twice this season by other clubs - Wrexham and Darlington. I learned my lesson last time though as manager of Vauxhall and will not be making that mistake again..! I'm sticking with the tactics and my set-piece creator seems to net an average amount of goals for us. We hardly ever seem to win or lose by big margins with this counter attacking 5-3-2 formation and regularly boast one of the best goal differences come the end of the season so I feel I'm doing something right, especially as underdogs. I'll perservere with my transfer policy, signing players who can make a significant impact both now and in future, minimising disruption within the squad with major overhauls and keeping well below the wage budget.

Some gripes with the game - I'm sitting 2nd in the league in January yet the press have me as underdogs EVERY game, and when I win they suggest that it's only a matter of time before our successful run comes to an end and we become relegation cadidates as predicted.

At this stage of the season my board and chairman are always "delighted" with my handling of the team, yet this relationship starts afresh the with the beginning of a new season. I seem to have to 'earn my stripes' with the board every year. Gets a bit annoying when I've brought them this far and am shown no loyalty.

Go to board and ask for more time to build team, usually get them off your back.

Hate it when the ai is insecure, im my first season it took villa 6 month to sack their manager. The 6 other managers changed clubs

2024? I don't think I could handle playing for that long! I reckon I'll stop after about 5 seasons.

Halfway through my 3rd season now... was very much a contender for the title up until about mid-December, but form's now started to stutter and I'm only 5th, well off the pace of Man U who are 1st with 12 more points than me.

I've grown a bit disillusioned with my team this season, despite our good results. My biggest goal threat has come from Samba and Jones, who have notched 23 goals in 33 games between the 2 of them. It seems that all our goals are scored from set pieces, and when I have my highlights set on "key", it gets a bit tedious watching the same thing over and over again. In a sense, I'm pleased that my set pieces are so effective, but I'm kinda disappointed that my tactics aren't getting better results on the pitch in open play.

Dazmaz - What tactics are you using? Kalinic is very inconsistent in my game. If i play one upfront, he struggles to score more than 10 a season. If i play 2 upfront, he'll go on purple patches then go for long stretches without a goal.

Btw, I just had a game where i had 3 players sent off and 1 injured leaving me with 7 players on the pitch. :angry2:

Has this happened to anyone else? I thought the the rules of the game is that the match will be cancelled if 1 side has only 7 players...

Isnt the rule 4 sending offs? not sure injurys is factored into it.

I'm using my own created tactic, 4132, Hoilett and Olsson down the wings, Erikson or Rakitic in the middle and Niko/Dzeko/santa cruz/Woods (my up and coming striker) up top, one a poacher and one a attacking target man.

If kalinic plays I use him as a poacher, his stats are much better suited to the role. Get yourself a good target man (in my case Dzeko or Cruz) and a really good playmaker to create the chances and he should score.

Dropping a player from time to time is also a good thing, stops them thinking they area dead cert for a start and usually keeps them performing. I usually drop one or two players for youngsters in the easier games

Isnt the rule 4 sending offs? not sure injurys is factored into it.

I'm using my own created tactic, 4132, Hoilett and Olsson down the wings, Erikson or Rakitic in the middle and Niko/Dzeko/santa cruz/Woods (my up and coming striker) up top, one a poacher and one a attacking target man.

If kalinic plays I use him as a poacher, his stats are much better suited to the role. Get yourself a good target man (in my case Dzeko or Cruz) and a really good playmaker to create the chances and he should score.

Dropping a player from time to time is also a good thing, stops them thinking they area dead cert for a start and usually keeps them performing. I usually drop one or two players for youngsters in the easier games

Exactly the formation I have been using. Dropped Olsson to LB and bought Alexis Sanchez in to play lw, he is an absolute beast of a player!

Archived