BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I changed nothing with his stats except his manager rating and reputation, which was created by the head researcher of fm. He is the worst manager in the league and usually gets sacked first season within a few months

He gets sacked the instant I start any game of FM, lol.

Out of curiousity cmb211087 have you any experience playing Neymar on his own with Henrique in behind him? Looking to spunk all my budget on him but they are both so weak Ie strength and both lack height I'm concerned it won't work in the EPL.

Thanks in advance.

Won the LIGA BBVA with Valladolid pipping Real Madrid to the top by 2 points. Very pleased and the fact my squad are wort about a third of the whole madrid team. I would love to have a budget like theirs or Barca's. Barca is the richest club in the world with a fortune of 1.1bn - never seen it that high before

Get this: Shearer is managing Sevilla who are top of Liga BBVA and having a great season (possibly the best season of his career) and will most likely win the league, and he declares his interest in the Lazio job who are 6th in Serie A - utter madness...and then leaves!!

It gets stranger - the Lazio manager is now the Sevilla manager

Get this: Shearer is managing Sevilla who are top of Liga BBVA and having a great season (possibly the best season of his career) and will most likely win the league, and he declares his interest in the Lazio job who are 6th in Serie A - utter madness...and then leaves!!

It gets stranger - the Lazio manager is now the Sevilla manager

Had that several times (managers basically swap clubs)

Whats more annoying is the broken agents. If a player cost me £14m I dont want a 15m release clause in his contract. Take Kaka for example. Cost me £8m, 2nd season in, 46 apps, 14 goals and 47 assist (yes 47) time for a new contract only his darn agent decides he wants a £27m release clause and wont budge no matter what I do. No team in the world that has a player like Kak will.have a clause so low. It should be at least £80m if not more..

Not only that, Hoilett keeps mentioning he wants a move to a bigger club. Take in last season I won pl, fa cup AND CL and this season after 35 games im 4 points clear at top and in the semis of the CL, how can he possibly get bigger.

Another massive gripe of mine is year in year out the player has to pay way over the top for any player unless they are transfer listed, yet when you put a £18m price on say P jones they pull out of the deal.

I dont have that problem regarding transfers but I agree with you on the agents. I have a brilliant DC in my team and he wont accept anything else but a 14 million release clause, so I was forced to up it using FMRTE - its the only thing keeping me from losing my rag.

The other annoying thing is my chairman loves interfering and selling my players for less than they should be selling for - cos he cant turn down an offer like that.

I dont have that problem regarding transfers but I agree with you on the agents. I have a brilliant DC in my team and he wont accept anything else but a 14 million release clause, so I was forced to up it using FMRTE - its the only thing keeping me from losing my rag.

The other annoying thing is my chairman loves interfering and selling my players for less than they should be selling for - cos he cant turn down an offer like that.

With transfers i think it depends on who you are signing and where from. An established player will cost more, especially from a European team.

Luckily Iv not had Mrs. D step in on my save, yet. I also still have quite a few of our own players, P Jones, Hoilett, Olsson, Ramm (about ready to start pushing for first team after his loan ends) Lowe, Hanley ext. Basically anyone rated 2 stars+ I have kept (youth wise) for cover/to sell on (such as Gunning, got £1m for him)

You must have edited the team to have that much success and that much money at Rovers so quickly. I've looked at buying Kaka a few times and, although the fee is never an issue, he always wants well over 100k a week. To have signed him in the second season you must have done some editing. To have that much success so fast you must at least be doing the odd load-saved-game.

Wow that some record!!

I have left my position as Valladolid - a good successful 6 years at the club winning 2 EURO Cups and 1 Liga BBVA title on pretty much a shoestring compared with the other top 4 clubs such as Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid & Sevilla, Barca just outside top 4 in fifth and I have taken them over and they gave me a bumper 118 million transfer kitty - yahoooo

And they have just given me more money! Only thing now is I cant spend it! I even went and signed all the best youth players in the world :D and still have 90 million!

Anyone got any experience with Kevin from Zaragoza? On an un-patched, un-updated, original version of the game? I scouted him extensively with my best scouts (20 judging potential), everything came back 4.5 stars potential, and he's fairly handy now at 20. Great I thought, playmaker sorted for the rest of the game! Made a bid, 10.5 million triggered his release clause, had to make him my best paid player presumably because he loves Zaragoza, big signing on fee etc. Finished the deal, my best judge of a coach says he's 3.5 stars potential. "What the hell?" I think...so I run a quick test, see what my top scouts would say if I made them coaches and got a report (an annoying feature of this version, that you can't ask your scouts' verdicts on players you own). They say 3.5 stars now too. Run another test where I cancel the Kevin deal and have him scouted again, and now my best scouts think he's 3.5 stars. I'd never pay that much for a 3.5 star potential player (except for Jose Angel, who is good enough to go straight in as first choice left back), so I'm spitting feathers. I don't want to download an editor to check his real potential, because I suspect from using one before that they cause the game to crash in the long run.

So just wondering if anyone knows how he tends to turn out, or what his real potential was on your games, as that's a lot of money. I'm still going to sign him, but I'm curious if I've blown it. I did google a discussion about him and one person said he can potentially become better than Xavi...I'm aware the potential values can fluctuate greatly though.

Edit- I'm currently highly amused because I signed a youngster who is touted as "the next Jimmy Bullard"! What a shining endorsement! He must be delighted. Scouts said he is 3 star, coaches reckon 4 star...can get pretty confusing, but I pretty much always make profit on youngsters, usually a big one.

Anyone got any experience with Kevin from Zaragoza? On an un-patched, un-updated, original version of the game? I scouted him extensively with my best scouts (20 judging potential), everything came back 4.5 stars potential, and he's fairly handy now at 20. Great I thought, playmaker sorted for the rest of the game! Made a bid, 10.5 million triggered his release clause, had to make him my best paid player presumably because he loves Zaragoza, big signing on fee etc. Finished the deal, my best judge of a coach says he's 3.5 stars potential. "What the hell?" I think...so I run a quick test, see what my top scouts would say if I made them coaches and got a report (an annoying feature of this version, that you can't ask your scouts' verdicts on players you own). They say 3.5 stars now too. Run another test where I cancel the Kevin deal and have him scouted again, and now my best scouts think he's 3.5 stars. I'd never pay that much for a 3.5 star potential player (except for Jose Angel, who is good enough to go straight in as first choice left back), so I'm spitting feathers. I don't want to download an editor to check his real potential, because I suspect from using one before that they cause the game to crash in the long run.

So just wondering if anyone knows how he tends to turn out, or what his real potential was on your games, as that's a lot of money. I'm still going to sign him, but I'm curious if I've blown it. I did google a discussion about him and one person said he can potentially become better than Xavi...I'm aware the potential values can fluctuate greatly though.

Edit- I'm currently highly amused because I signed a youngster who is touted as "the next Jimmy Bullard"! What a shining endorsement! He must be delighted. Scouts said he is 3 star, coaches reckon 4 star...can get pretty confusing, but I pretty much always make profit on youngsters, usually a big one.

Do you get just the report card or have him watched over a few games? that could be the reason or could be the profile of your club has risen thus meaning you can attract higher class players.

Do you get just the report card or have him watched over a few games? that could be the reason or could be the profile of your club has risen thus meaning you can attract higher class players.

I never have players watched over games. On past versions of the game I found it unproductive, you have to wait, and at any rate I'm in Summer so there aren't any games to watch. Spanish league isn't activated so no friendlies for him either. I did consider my club's profile rising, as that's a common problem, but everybody else seems to have the same star ratings as before and he's dropped by a full star. Club is still national rep, not continental (I appreciate there are different grades within each rep, but as I said, nobody else's stars seem to have shifted). I've decided to stick it out and buy him but I really hope it isn't a mistake because he stretched my budget big time. And I've found some young forward with 4.5 star potential..

Another thing I'm annoyed at is I can't shift some of the players I think I should really be able to shift, not at any price worth a damn anyway. Enrique Corrales, played about half the season at LB for me, in a season where we finished 3rd. Good solid left back stats, if not extraordinary. Only 7k wage, averaged 7.04 in 26 games home and abroad, only 30 years old. Only being sold because I've broke the club record to buy Jose Angel. And I can't even get 250k for him! You'd think somebody would want him at those numbers, even if just one of the promoted teams. Been able to get a lot more money for much worse players. I'm seriously toying with the idea of doing a promoted team a favour by adding a manager to buy him! Don't want to though. Also struggling to shift Gerrardo Torrado who has done similarly in midfield but played even more games, but I'll grant he's 33 and on a bigger wage. There are clubs looking at both players but none want to pay me anything of note. Might end up having to give them away for nowt or next to it, as my wage budget is way over and there is no room for them in the 25 man squad.

Archived