BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's potential compared to your team at the moment of the report, so when you buy him obviously the team is stronger because he is in it, so his star potential matches that fact and goes down. He still has the same potential though.

Ok that would make sense if everybody else's stars hadn't remained unchanged.

Something else is bugging me. My non-football staff wages are just under half the size of my player wages. How in the world is that possible? I know football clubs are becoming more and more like businesses, with various staff in various capacities, and fairly large salaries for the board. But come on. I leaked 14 million to that last season, and it is currently 1.7 million a month. I just don't find that realistic. Or am I missing something here?

Ok that would make sense if everybody else's stars hadn't remained unchanged.

Something else is bugging me. My non-football staff wages are just under half the size of my player wages. How in the world is that possible? I know football clubs are becoming more and more like businesses, with various staff in various capacities, and fairly large salaries for the board. But come on. I leaked 14 million to that last season, and it is currently 1.7 million a month. I just don't find that realistic. Or am I missing something here?

take in your wages, ass man, at least 5 coach, 2-3 physo, 3+ scouts (more depending on the club your at) and you can see why.

Iv found that it is harder to sell a player when you don't have many leagues loaded (I run at least 6 (top 3 english, top 2 spain and usually Turkey top div or top 2 of Italy)

take in your wages, ass man, at least 5 coach, 2-3 physo, 3+ scouts (more depending on the club your at) and you can see why.

Iv found that it is harder to sell a player when you don't have many leagues loaded (I run at least 6 (top 3 english, top 2 spain and usually Turkey top div or top 2 of Italy)

No you can't. Those are all in the section 'staff wages', which only came to 2.5 million last season. Probably true about the leagues, but it would run a bit slow otherwise on my computer.

Nice 140,000 seater stadium! Data editor, or is that genuine?

Amusing side note...summer 2012, Chelsea approached me to manage them. Obviously I rejected, as if I wanted to play as Chelsea I'd start as Chelsea. But they went on to hire...Mick McCarthy!! At first I felt flattered, then I realised they were just desperate!

I really wouldn't holiday a game for 150 odd years only to edit it. That is 100% real. Unfortunately Ewood Park is going in the opposite direction and has shrunk by 6000 seats.

Ahh, I didn't look at the year! Still, I don't know how it's possible to construct a 140,000 seater, though I suppose it will be by then! Me and a mate once used the save game data editor to give Cercle Brugge and Germinal Beerschot 250,000 seater stadiums that they filled out, just for our amusement really.

8 games in and Chelsea, under new manager Mick McCarthy, are languishing in 8th place whilst his old club Wolves are in 3rd! Conclusive proof that he is all that stops Wolves being a force ;)

I started a new game yesterday as Rovers manager. This you may say is nothing unusual.

I decided to apply a philosphy to the game to see how I could get on with only trying to use UK home grown players as much as possible from the start, only buying those qualified as British.

This obviously proves hard with Rovers starting squad, but I only have Samba, N'Zonzi and Kalinic that don't fall in to that bracket, Hoilett & Olsson coming throug our ranks qualify under my reasoning. Emerton and Nelsen qualify as British citizens straight away in the game.

My current team is:

Robbo

Emerton, Samba, Jones, Ridgewell

N'Zonzi, Murphy

Hoilett, Dunn, Olsson

Kalinic

I bought a few youngsters, Hately (Motherwell) right back, a yound lad from Boro left back, Chamberlain from Southampton, Rhodes from Huddersfield, added Ridgewell from Birmingham and Danny Murphy from Fulham, he's been pants. Sold Givet, Salgado, Grella, Goulon, Roberts (even though he would qualify), Andrews(nuff said), and I also released Santa Cruz from his loan, that saves me £75k per week which I put towards my spending.

I'm in late November and I currently stand 5th, after playing all the big boys and getting results away against Arsenal and Liverpool.

I am going to keep it going and see whether I can end up with a Rovers team consisting only of "Homegrown" players, I must add that I am going to allow myself to sign youngsters, under 18's, from abroad and allow them some time in my youth set up/reserves, i.e. so they qualify under the squad rules as home grown.

No real point to this I suppose, other than to make it a little more difficult.

Well today I learnt never to go on Holiday in FM 2011. I had a wee break to Dubai before the close of the window to re focus myself for the coming assault on the champions league with Rovers. So anyway off I went and left my trusted assistant in charge. When I returned feeling all refreshed and ready to go I discover the idiot has changed all my squad registrations and decided in his wisdom that we don't need a back-up defence and has included all the kids who don't need to be included. Thanks to the joy that is FM the auto save has scuppered my plan to reload. Anyhow off I went for a way to get my team sorted after finding out that FMRTE couldn't really help with registering them for the premier league, so now Nelsen, Emerton, Givet have all had face lifts and will now be fresh legged 21 year olds for six months so I can carry on my save. However on to the point of my post, whilst trawling google for ways to resolve my registration issue I stumbled upon a 'cheat' using FMRTE so I decided to give it a go. Basically the day of a match you set your players match fitness in FMRTE to 32700, yes they look knackered as their condition percentage is about 39% at kick-off but it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Rovers were playing the mighty spurs at white hart lane and just coming off a 3-0 home win over Man City so were chomping at the bit to give spurs a good hiding at the lane. The game started brightly Rovers opened the scoring after 1 minute and then scored again in the 3rd minute, the 4th, the 8th, the 11th and so on at half-time it was 0-14 to Rovers with us having about 32 shots, 20 on target to Spuds 0 total. I told the lads at half time I was thrilled for the first time ever. The second half continued as we finished the first with us robbing spuds on their second touch after kicking off and watching Aguero sprint past no fewer than the whole spuds team before rounding the keeper and slotting home. The game finished 0-21 to Rovers with spuds players getting ratings of as low as 0.4 and 0.5, poor full backs.

Anyhow that's all for now as I'm off to tell Mrs D she has no ambition again.

What's this FMRTE a few people have mentioned? Is it like a cheat system (like Action Replay)?

Football Manager Real Time Editor. Its a programme that has 2 purposes. It allows you to edit the currently loaded save game. League table, player stats and ability, transfer/wage budgets, player and staff contracts, squad registrations, fitness levels, stadium sizes and attendances, transfer fees etc and also a player scout/search filter system.

http://www.fmrte.com/

Surprised you never heard about it daz

I've used G Scout before when playing a DB with every nation loaded (christ that ran slow)but never heard of FMRTE. started a new game and had a play. loving the heal team + Inspire team buttons :D

Started a new game. only loaded EPL, really just to see what would happen. Febuary in the first season and Fulham offer me a job after sacking hughes. My plan was to get them safe then quit at the end of the season.. Finished 17th and 6 points clear of the drop.

Then Chelsea come knocking so I thought why the hell not and took that job.

Rovers still have Kean as a manager and finished 9th. I have however just raided the squad for Junior (£11M) and P Jones (£17M)

ALT + F9 saves a screenshot of fm directly in the Football Manager folder in my documents. removes task bar ext.. when in windowed mode

Thanks! That'll be very useful in gauging stat improvements for the lads I send on loan. Speaking of which, I'm just starting to realise you can get some HUGE loan fees for the half decent youngsters...a championship club just paid me 575k to take Jese on loan for just two months! That means they think he's worth paying nearly 75k a week! He's not that great...20, worth 1.4 million. Probably an average Championship striker. Played once for them so far and got a 6.1. Kaching!

Jese got injured after two games (averaged 6.2) for 3-4 weeks, half his loan period! I was highly amused at loaning them an average striker for approx 75k per week who then went and got injured for half his time there...and then I realised how that happened to Rovers in real life :(

Archived