BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fielding & Jones

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping we will be shipping out a lot of the dead wood in the squad during the summer, which will offset these new contracts. I'm all for securing our assets, although we all know contracts can mean nothing these days when the big boys come a knocking.

Jones is to get a new contract too soon, can anyone confirm?

Yep, from yesterday's LT......

The Rovers boss also revealed the club are trying to get teen sensation Phil Jones to sign an improved and longer deal than the five-year contract he signed in the summer as Rovers look to secure their prized assets for the long term.

Kean looking to create 'untouchables'

Yep, from yesterday's LT......

Kean looking to create 'untouchables'

Hang on, he's already on a 5-year contract and he's just coming back from a bad injury...and we are offering him an even longer deal?

I'm all for keeping our potential stars of the future...but aren't we just throwing money at players here?

At the very least, wait to see how he comes back from injury. When will be the next, improved contract after this? In the summer?

Fielding had a good strong game for U21s today and thwarted an early Italian strike in 12th minute.

I think the club should be aware of possible interest in him when the summer comes around. Browner's contract ends at the end of this season and despite Bunn signing a new contract I would expect to see more of Fielding next season. As his contract ends in 2012 and the fact that he's a very young keeper, the club need to tie him down as well as Robinson.

Archived