SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fielding & Jones

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Henderson's goal was superbly executed.

The Romanian goal came after England were pressing upfield and the player in posession got isolated and lost control. A Romanian ran 60 yards through empty space straight up the middle of the park until Jones got in an excellent tackle 5 yards from the England box. The England midfield were still fannying around upfield so Jones chased the loose ball but just got beaten to it by another Romanian who played a one two and went out wide. The low driven cross was aimed at the Romanian runner who by now was unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box so Fielding went early to collect it ahead of their player. The driven ball clipped the heel of the England left back who had gone half way to intercept the cross and it went in at the near post behind the diving Fielding. So plenty of blame on the England players but not for our two even though the lack of cover makes them both look suspect on first viewing.

Fielding pulled off an excellent save from a viciously swerving dive in the 93rd minute.

Just watching the game on Nova in Bulgaria.

Why does Frank Fielding not get a game for Rovers or at least a regular Sub.

If he's ready for a 'big' game like the Under 21s then he's ready for at least a Goalie Sub.

Would think there is going to be some real competition between Bunn and Fielding for the subs spot which can only be good for the club.

That picture of young Jones in his England shirt, he certainly looks the part, and having watched him play out of position this season, yes, he most definitely IS future International material.

I have a stream, and I am watching the game, Fielding is a little untidy but has got his body behind what is a very difficult ball to judge and has therefore not been beaten, that to me is the most important stat for a keeper

I have just watched the whole game on ESPN and both did the club proud.Fielding had some difficult shots to save as the ball was bouncing awkwardly on the long grassy pitch and he kept England in the game;only one error of judgement as he came and dropped the ball at a corner but it was cleared.

Jones will be captain of the U-21`s before long. An excellent performance from him. As the commentators said "some players look the part of captain" and he was one.He will also be eligible for the next two campaigns.If Smalling next to him was £9m then Rovers have hit the jackpot.

THAT picture.... of Phil Jones in his England shirt should be used extensively by Rovers marketing team.

Its absolute quality, picturing an immaculate young man, with a determined, assured, totally confident look about him, what better more positive image is the out there for Blackburn Rovers football club than this one.

I saw six negative comments. The things our boys did well were just presented factually without embellishment.

Anyway, England won't be facing Scotland- Iceland did for them but the goals in this game were a bit special to say the least.

On my way out of the office so don't have the time to scroll through the whole thing but straight off the top of my head I recall several positive mentions of Jones and a remark about Fielding taking a catch like Paul Collingwood. How much more embellishment do you want?

THAT picture.... of Phil Jones in his England shirt should be used extensively by Rovers marketing team.

Its absolute quality, picturing an immaculate young man, with a determined, assured, totally confident look about him, what better more positive image is the out there for Blackburn Rovers football club than this one.

Agrred. He looked just the picture of a decent young man we want to portray.

Archived