BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Car Insurance To Rocket This Year!

The reasons Ive now been given is that Blackburn this year is deemed High risk cos of Fraudulent Whiplash claims so anyone in Blackburn can expect higher premiums...

JC4LAB I just had this confirmed to me yesterday as I enquired about a change of car. Coincidentally I had just had a test drive in a new car and car insurance fraud was being discussed on radio 5 as I drove. Some chap from the Motor Ins industry being interviewed said that we are all currently paying approx £40 each to cover fraudulent claims!

Moving on when I rang my insurance company I was told that all BB postcodes motor insurances are to rise dramatically (2x or 3x I was told) due the amount of fraudulent claims and scams in certain sections of this area. I'm livid of course but I would be absolutely apoplectic if I lived in Gisburn or Stonyhurst etc. I understand other areas of the country, including the inner cities, are to be targetted likewise and later yesterday was speaking to someone with a similarly sorry tale of his rise in car insurance who lives near sleepy Settle yesterday but who is unfortunate enough to have a BD (Bradford) postcode.

I suggested to the lady in my insurance company that there likely would be a huge rise in uninsured vehicles on the road but was informed that this was already being countered by the Police as there is a current initiative to place number plate recognition cameras under MWay bridges. Apparently there are already plenty on the M65. These will be able to check Tax, Ins and MoT as well as having the ability to check MWay speeds by timing vehicles travelling between two points. Cue I suppose lots of people staying off the MWays and clogging the A Roads.

No doubt the apologists from afar will be along to criticise and condemn but people around Blackburn already know which culprits are chiefly responsible for these crimes just as most know exactly why we have to face so much costly and time wasting security when we fly (something else in the news currently). Safe to predict that attitudes can only harden and relations only worsen as a result when this comes to the fore.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently moved from my parents near to the centre of accy from the top of ossy.

When my insurance came round for renewal, the price had jumped from £800 for £1500 just for the move of address to accrington centre.

I was shocked.

My taxi insurance two years ago was £2500, last year i got it down to just over £2000.

I recently had a renewal quote of £3075. When i questioned this, the insurance company said "It`s the BB post-code"

I`ve since managed to get it down to £1860, but it`s still a fair old wedge of dosh :blink:

No doubt the apologists from afar will be along to criticise and condemn but people around Blackburn already know which culprits are chiefly responsible for these crimes just as most know exactly why we have to face so much costly and time wasting security when we fly (something else in the news currently). Safe to predict that attitudes can only harden and relations only worsen as a result when this comes to the fore.

Couldn't resist could you. :rolleyes:

No doubt the apologists from afar will be along to criticise and condemn but people around Blackburn already know which culprits are chiefly responsible for these crimes

Straight in with the race card.... no suprise there of course.

As my old Mum always said.... 'Tell the truth and shame the Devil'. And I do. :tu:

btw Do you have any thoughts of your own on this issue BWR? You can't be happy if you are a motorist.

I sure do. My insurance had more than doubled when I received my quote. Surprisingly, that was the cheapest I could find. However, I still tried and looked around the market for cheaper insurance, and after several telephone conversations and meetings with insurance companies and brokers, the most important reason as to why premiums had risen drastically was because of the snow. Several claims had been put through and insurance companies had lost several amounts of money, and to recuperate their losses, they had increased the premiums.

To say that the "Asians and Muslims" are to blame for this rise is scandalous. You have no evidence to back your statement, nor would you be able to gain any evidence.

Oh and just for the record, I had tried my insurance at another one of my properties in Walton le Dale, with a PR Postcode, and the prices that I was quoted was still the same.

So come on Theno, I challenge you, where is the evidence to back up your statement?

Insurance companies don't need an excuse to raise premiums and last winter's bad weather and snow gave them a good excuse. Snow is white of course until it gets slushy when it turns grey but never usually brown, so snow is not the villain of this particular piece. Ice however can be black so is obviously to blame for the rise in premiums.

I sure do. My insurance had more than doubled when I received my quote. Surprisingly, that was the cheapest I could find. However, I still tried and looked around the market for cheaper insurance, and after several telephone conversations and meetings with insurance companies and brokers, the most important reason as to why premiums had risen drastically was because of the snow. Several claims had been put through and insurance companies had lost several amounts of money, and to recuperate their losses, they had increased the premiums.

To say that the "Asians and Muslims" are to blame for this rise is scandalous. You have no evidence to back your statement, nor would you be able to gain any evidence.

Oh and just for the record, I had tried my insurance at another one of my properties in Walton le Dale, with a PR Postcode, and the prices that I was quoted was still the same.

So come on Theno, I challenge you, where is the evidence to back up your statement?

To be fair the PR postcode must be similar to ours.

It's been well documented in the LET that our particular area has a problem with 'staged' crashes. The insurance companies and police have admitted to this causing huge rises.

And I'd guess we have a high proportion of uninsured drivers going of the sheer amount of court cases mentioned in the paper.

Personally I blame it on how ridiculously easy it is to claim and how easy it is to pretend to have whiplash.

I went go-karting a few weeks ago and had numerous crashes and collisions on 70mph karts. Funny how no one there claimed whiplash. Perhaps it's that disclaimer you sign...

Unbelievable, I come on this thread to read about peoples experiences with car insurance and yet again its generated racial comments from the usual parties. How is it this is filtering through to all topics?

My experience regarding a car insurance quotation yesterday is real, recent and is valid to your interest.

I only relayed what was conveyed to me (obviously only by nod and a wink suggestion) by the insurance company representative as the reason for an enormous hike in ins premiums in the BB postcode area (and selected other areas). I didn't make anything up and to suggest so is accusing me of telling lies. I suppose she could have been making stuff up but that would suggest that SAS's post was made up too wouldn't it?

Sorry if your feelings are hurt but they won't be anywhere near as damaged as my wallet!!

Unbelievable, I come on this thread to read about peoples experiences with car insurance and yet again its generated racial comments from the usual parties. How is it this is filtering through to all topics?

Because someone likes to blame the increase in the price of carrots and everything else that's not good on the darkies. Hey ho, nothing changes.

I'm with The Civil Service Insurance Society, a non-profit making organisation. It's served me well for a number of years. My renewal this years was £50 more than last so I had an internet search to look for an alternative.

I was soon scampering back to The Civil Service Insurance Society. The alternatives were horrible and reflected what most posters on here have commented on.

Why has car insurance rocketed this year? Does anyone know? I'm an old fart with no claims ever and I drive a cheap & relatively small car. What has happened?

Sorry if your feelings are hurt but they won't be anywhere near as damaged as my wallet!!

Horlicks.

Everyone knows what you were alluding to because you have a habit of diverting threads towards your own racist agenda.

Back on topic, another reason for the sharp rise in premiums is no-win, no-fee lawyers taking a 40% cut of personal injury claims. The number of these lawyers has doubled in the past 2 years.

Horlicks.

Everyone knows what you were alluding to because you have a habit of diverting threads towards your own racist agenda.

Back on topic, another reason for the sharp rise in premiums is no-win, no-fee lawyers taking a 40% cut of personal injury claims. The number of these lawyers has doubled in the past 2 years.

Obviously thats to keep up with the rapid rise in the number of claims you goon! :lol::wstu:

There's a hole in the bucket Dear Jim, Dear Jim..... :lol:

Jim, you wouldn't dare call me a racist to my face so don't do it from behind a keyboard! :angry2:

As it happens I don't consider myself racist at all. You don't know me at all yet you (and others SAR / Deryck Guyler et al) continually accuse me of being a racist. You odiously rely on regularly employing the cheapest of cheap shots, the race card.

There are many issues relating to immigration and it's effects on the nation that I am not afraid to comment on but the very least of those issues imo is skin colour and racial origin. I shouldn't have to say this but a persons race / colour of skin does not matter to me at all as long as that person and those like him conduct themselves in a proper and decent manner and respect the town, the country, the people, the customs and laws of those who have lived there for countless generations. As soon as that is not the case then I will speak up and imo those who through intimidation are silenced through fear of reprisal are not worth very much as a individuals or citizens. I will never allow the kind of parrot fashion intimidation as seen above from intellectual derelicts and those with obvious agenda's to ever affect me.

No doubt this post will generate a flood of secretive PM's amongst the subversive board cabal but thats just the way it usually is.

Obviously thats to keep up with the rapid rise in the number of claims you goon! :lol::wstu:

Jim, you wouldn't dare call me a racist to my face so don't do it from behind a keyboard! :angry2:

As it happens I don't consider myself racist at all. You don't know me at all yet you (and others SAR / Deryck Guyler et al) continually accuse me of being a racist. You odiously rely on regularly employing the cheapest of cheap shots, the race card.

There are many issues relating to immigration and it's effects on the nation that I am not afraid to comment on but the very least of those issues imo is skin colour and racial origin. I shouldn't have to say this but a persons race / colour of skin does not matter to me at all as long as that person and those like him conduct themselves in a proper and decent manner and respect the town, the country, the people, the customs and laws of those who have lived there for countless generations. As soon as that is not the case then I will speak up and imo those who through intimidation are silenced through fear of reprisal are not worth very much as a individuals or citizens. I will never allow the kind of parrot fashion intimidation as seen above from intellectual derelicts and those with obvious agenda's to ever affect me.

No doubt this post will generate a flood of secretive PM's amongst the subversive board cabal but thats just the way it usually is.

Is there something wrong with my PC?

Shouldn't this be in the "Friday Funnies" thread?

Obviously thats to keep up with the rapid rise in the number of claims you goon!

Jim, you wouldn't dare call me a racist to my face so don't do it from behind a keyboard!

:o You're a :wacko:

Please don't drag me into arguments that you pursue with others throughout this MB.

Brilliant post, bravo bravo blah blah...I'm still waiting for your reply to my last post Theno...or was it another one of your racial bull**** that we have to put up with on here?

Th simple fact you have over 15,000 odd posts should not mean you are exempt from punishment from Mods. It is ridiculous the amount of times you have gone unpunished for the racial tripe you state on here. Guaranteed if it was one of the less senior members of this board, they would have been punished. If I, and other members can see that Theno's posts are racist, I cannot understand why the mods do not take the required action?

I would happily call you a racist to your face.

The problem is, owing to your deficiencies in the legs department you would be looking at my kneecaps.

The previous poster is correct: it's time your closeted racist views were given a long period in the sin-bin.

Jim and poodle.... I would hope that no one is ever consigned to any sin bin for speaking the truth. No matter how many creeps may join the chasing posse.

I gave members concrete proof of the number of Western Union agents in BB1 to out that particular tax avoidance scam and I'll give you some more concrete proof to highlight the reasons for the rise in car insurance premiums.

Here....

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Halifax-a-hotspot-for-crash.5308410.jp

http://www.postonline.co.uk/post/news/1729224/three-entries-ifb-cash-crash-tables

If you still want to shoot the messenger then you are showing your transparent agenda up very clearly. Answer me this you two .... Why is it wrong or indeed racist to highlight crimes which are being committed in increasing numbers? Crimes btw that affect and untimately harm us all whether we are black, white or any shade in-between.

Brilliant post, bravo bravo blah blah...I'm still waiting for your reply to my last post Theno...or was it another one of your racial bull**** that we have to put up with on here?

Th simple fact you have over 15,000 odd posts should not mean you are exempt from punishment from Mods. It is ridiculous the amount of times you have gone unpunished for the racial tripe you state on here. Guaranteed if it was one of the less senior members of this board, they would have been punished. If I, and other members can see that Theno's posts are racist, I cannot understand why the mods do not take the required action?

Three accusations. You need to provide proof rather than insinuation.

I'm still waiting for your evidence that says Asians are the culprits behind the rise in insurance premiums....rolleyes.gif

Take your time grandad.

Don't expect a reply too soon. He's just dropped it in the conversation and wants everyone else to disprove it. Pretty typical troll

It's rather like - "Thenodrog, have you stopped beating your wife and children?" And "Thonodrog, how did your trial go for having sexual intercourse with sheep end up?"

Pretty standard stuff really. Racist troll will always be racist troll.

Archived