BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Car Insurance To Rocket This Year!

1st time I`ve visited this thread as insurance is due soon and yet again another thread is all about him.

You all know who I refer to.

Its getting bloody tiresome.

Yes, apart from being racist, nearly every post of his is insulting to some member or other. It totally defeats me why he has not been banned. I have him on ignore and only have to read his trolling when someone else quotes him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It totally defeats me why he has not been banned.

He has, more than once.

... and he's walking a fine line again, but he's a seasoned expert of dancing down the edge of the line and I'd be very surprised if he didn't already have his defence planned.

This is a final warning to everyone to play nice, stop turning every thread into a race discussion and hold back on the personal insults, or we'll have another bout of bannings and thread closures.

He has, more than once.

... and he's walking a fine line again, but he's a seasoned expert of dancing down the edge of the line and I'd be very surprised if he didn't already have his defence planned.

This is a final warning to everyone to play nice, stop turning every thread into a race discussion and hold back on the personal insults, or we'll have another bout of bannings and thread closures.

I hope you will include people resorting to screaming 'racist' without good reason or proof Glenn.

Throw enough mud and it will stick as they say.

Despite a very good performance today we were treated to a silly little numpty behind and to one side shouting all manner of insults toward the manager and MGP today. I still dont know who it was but midway through the 2nd half I turned toward the 3 prime suspects sat together and told em to shut the (Please don't use that word again) up. It seemed to work too as I never heard a squeak out of them again but the point is that it was just another small minded bandwagon jumper with no ability to think for himself. I hate such narrowbacks with a vengeance.

(from Theno`s lnk)

The worst cash-for-crash hotspots:

1. Bradford

2. Blackburn

3. Oldham

4. Liverpool

5. Huddersfield

6. Birmingham

7. Bolton

8. Halifax

9. Uxbridge, west London

10. Luton

11, Ilford and Barking, east London

12. Slough, Berkshire

13. East London

14. Harrow, north west London

15. Manchester

16. Walsall, West Midlands

17. North London

18. Leeds

19. Enfield, north London

20. North west London

That seems to back up what the insurance person on the phone told me.

I'm still waiting for your evidence that says Asians are the culprits behind the rise in insurance premiums....

What company would dare make such a statement, even if they had the data to back it up?? :huh:

They`d be committing commercial suicide!!!! :unsure:

You have no evidence either. You are just basing it on assumptions, and making out as though it is Asians that make your premiums go up.

I'm not as low and stupid as some people on this board, so I will not add more to this topic with regards to this issue. I asked for concrete evidence and all you gave me was a list of 20 places in the UK that have high premiums. You still haven't shown me that it is Asians that cause this.

I know of a White guy that was taking part in a scam, he was working with Asians. I don't know what race has to do with it, they are all just dodgy *******.

You will find the number of Asian drink drivers is lower than White. It doesn't mean that they do it because they are White.

Indeed. I've been privately discussing race / social problems with a board member today and the conclusion I came to is, scum are scum, regardless of colour, creed, ethnicity or background. People are wrongly grouping certain types of scum by race, when it's not the race that makes them scum.

I'm still waiting for your evidence that says Asians are the culprits behind the rise in insurance premiums....rolleyes.gif

Take your time grandad.

You have no evidence either. You are just basing it on assumptions, and making out as though it is Asians that make your premiums go up.

I'm not as low and stupid as some people on this board, so I will not add more to this topic with regards to this issue. I asked for concrete evidence and all you gave me was a list of 20 places in the UK that have high premiums. You still haven't shown me that it is Asians that cause this.

Blue n White Rover you are aqgravating, insolent and rude. Also you appear to have mistaken me for cletus in your last post. imo are simply trying to stir up racial trouble. Please provide a quote where I said any such thing on this thread. Off you go. :wstu:

btw are you of Asian or British origin? I've no idea who or what you are but it might shed some light on your agenda and why you are fabricating empty accusations. Whatever you are you need to be warned that continually insinuating someone is racist is likely to get you in trouble.

It would be wise for others on here to take heed of that advice too. :glare:

Is this ^^ post aimed at me? :huh: or Theno??

Nowhere in this thread have i mentioned race creed or colour.....apart from answering one of your previous posts (& i still didn`t mention the "A" word. It was your good self that did that!! :unsure: )

The 'top 20' list i posted from Theno`s link seems to back up what i got told by the insurance person on the other end of the phone. He said my premium had gone up 'due to the BB post-code'. He didn`t go into any more detail than that.

I have been able to reduce both our household and car insurance this year, despite having a claims history on the household policy from a couple of years back. This may be of use:

Look to place both policies with the same company. By happy coincidence we bought a new car in 2009 at roughly the time the household insurance was due.

Companies who have recently entered the market are very good - e.g Zurich Connect entered the online market last year with some great deals.

Be realistic about the value of your property, contents etc.

Take a high excess as the chances are you won't need to claim anyway. If you have a small loss the cost of paying yourself will be compensated by the premium savings

Check out who the underwriter is for your existing policy. This is how I got Zurich in 2009 as I noticed my then existing policy was underwriiten by Zurich but sold to me by another company, Kwikfit I think. Anyway Zurich knocked the socks off whoever it was when I went direct.

Look really closely at the cover offered and spend some time making sure you are properly covered and comparing like for like. Try to look at insurers who might not first occur to you. For example, M&S, who we used this year, (this sounds awful) are likely to have a large percentage of low risk customers and can therefore offer good deals.

Offer to limit your mileage per annum.

If you are a young driver, and please don't think I'm criticising, think about what you drive. My wife and I both have business cover, she is paying under £250 on a 12 month old car, I'm under £700 on a 60 plate, with NFU, expensive vehicle, 35,000 pa business mileage. The high premiums are aimed at driver and vehicle categories which are deemed a risk, hence the premiums. Do you really need to go faster.

Look for deals with AA / RAC, or similar, included.

I'm using M&S for both this year on our personal cover. Prices are excellent and service as you'd expect.

I have been able to reduce both our household and car insurance this year, despite having a claims history on the household policy from a couple of years back. This may be of use:

Look to place both policies with the same company. By happy coincidence we bought a new car in 2009 at roughly the time the household insurance was due.

Companies who have recently entered the market are very good - e.g Zurich Connect entered the online market last year with some great deals.

Be realistic about the value of your property, contents etc.

Take a high excess as the chances are you won't need to claim anyway. If you have a small loss the cost of paying yourself will be compensated by the premium savings

Check out who the underwriter is for your existing policy. This is how I got Zurich in 2009 as I noticed my then existing policy was underwriiten by Zurich but sold to me by another company, Kwikfit I think. Anyway Zurich knocked the socks off whoever it was when I went direct.

Look really closely at the cover offered and spend some time making sure you are properly covered and comparing like for like. Try to look at insurers who might not first occur to you. For example, M&S, who we used this year, (this sounds awful) are likely to have a large percentage of low risk customers and can therefore offer good deals.Offer to limit your mileage per annum.

If you are a young driver, and please don't think I'm criticising, think about what you drive. My wife and I both have business cover, she is paying under £250 on a 12 month old car, I'm under £700 on a 60 plate, with NFU, expensive vehicle, 35,000 pa business mileage. The high premiums are aimed at driver and vehicle categories which are deemed a risk, hence the premiums. Do you really need to go faster.

Look for deals with AA / RAC, or similar, included.

I'm using M&S for both this year on our personal cover. Prices are excellent and service as you'd expect.

Why do you say that Paul? It sounds like a reasonable comment and not at all awful. Would you describe SAGA as awful too for example?

Why do you say that Paul? It sounds like a reasonable comment and not at all awful. Would you describe SAGA as awful too for example?

Well I don't really think it is but wouldn't want to imply anything about other individuals. I'd guess the bulk of M&S customers are at least middle income, middle aged (or 30+), home owners etc. and represent a low insurance risk and so Marks and Sparks take advantage of it, but that's just my guess.

Having reached the age were SAGA write to me regularly I don't feel too positive about the image they present! :lol:

It better be aimed at theno.i may aswell log on to www.whatcrapisgordontalkingnow.com.

I don't like your tone or your insinuation. You've made two comments on this thread recently, neither of them about the topic and both of them simply to attack me. What is your motivation?

I don't like your tone or your insinuation. You've made two comments on this thread recently, neither of them about the topic and both of them simply to attack me. Why do you even feel the need to comment?

Never mind the quality, feel the width'.

:wstu:

Well I don't really think it is but wouldn't want to imply anything about other individuals. I'd guess the bulk of M&S customers are at least middle income, middle aged (or 30+), home owners etc. and represent a low insurance risk and so Marks and Sparks take advantage of it, but that's just my guess.

Having reached the age were SAGA write to me regularly I don't feel too positive about the image they present! :lol:

Me too. I put it down to mistaken identity. :rolleyes:

btw I'm in no way criticising here, but never mind M&S taking advantage of their situation, you are doing precisely the same, and quite right too. There is no shame attached and absolutely nothing wroing with doing so. Birds of a feather and all that. :closedeyes:

Quite funny that the post above contains theno asking what race a poster is so he can understand their "agenda".

Embarrassing

Is this ^^ post aimed at me? :huh: or Theno??

Nowhere in this thread have i mentioned race creed or colour.....apart from answering one of your previous posts (& i still didn`t mention the "A" word. It was your good self that did that!! :unsure: )

The 'top 20' list i posted from Theno`s link seems to back up what i got told by the insurance person on the other end of the phone. He said my premium had gone up 'due to the BB post-code'. He didn`t go into any more detail than that.

It better be aimed at theno.

i may aswell log on to www.whatcrapisgordontalkingnow.com.

anyway, car insurance. has anyone found that one engine( e.g confused) is better than any of the others?

I don't like your tone or your insinuation. You've made two comments on this thread recently, neither of them about the topic and both of them simply to attack me. What is your motivation?

:wstu:

This is precisely my point. Discuss and debate subject at hand WITHOUT it turning into PERSONAL point scoring against each other, otherwise this thread will go too. I'm fed up with every bloody discussion turning into an ego battle removed from the subject that started it.

Blue n White Rover you are aqgravating, insolent and rude. Also you appear to have mistaken me for cletus in your last post. imo are simply trying to stir up racial trouble. Please provide a quote where I said any such thing on this thread. Off you go. :wstu:

btw are you of Asian or British origin? I've no idea who or what you are but it might shed some light on your agenda and why you are fabricating empty accusations. Whatever you are you need to be warned that continually insinuating someone is racist is likely to get you in trouble.

It would be wise for others on here to take heed of that advice too. :glare:

The first part of my last post was aimed at Cletus, the second was aimed at you. I'm here to stir up racial trouble? You ought to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. You may have lived a longer life than me, you may have your own opinions too, but that does not stop me having my own. I disagree with what you had to say in this thread when you claimed the following:

"No doubt the apologists from afar will be along to criticise and condemn but people around Blackburn already know which culprits are chiefly responsible for these crimes just as most know exactly why we have to face so much costly and time wasting security when we fly (something else in the news currently). "

Now that is a very bold accusation to make. You are clearly stating that Asians are the ones responsible for the rise in insurance premiums. Now if you think that isn't being racist, then you are more deluded than I thought.

This is precisely my point. Discuss and debate subject at hand WITHOUT it turning into PERSONAL point scoring against each other, otherwise this thread will go too. I'm fed up with every bloody discussion turning into an ego battle removed from the subject that started it.

Apologies if guilty but there is a problem poster clearly identified by others. This place would be far more pleasant without him.

Over to you.

Apologies if guilty but there is a problem poster clearly identified by others. This place would be far more pleasant without him.

Over to you.

I wonder who you are referring to Jim? I can't guess. :rolleyes:

Over to you.

It's only a message board Jim, just a message board.

It would be a boring place to visit if all we had to read was 'That Shearer was amazing' or 'God bless Jack Walker'.

Granted sometimes we read things that wind us up (and you and I are guilty as hell) :) But let's not lose sight of the fact they are just comments on an internet message board, nothing more.

If certain posters are a little fragile, then they should just stick to the football threads.

:rolleyes:

Archived