BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood 'wall of legends'

I really like the idea.

As some you you may know I like my American Sport, and they honour the former players with such dignity and taste it really does allow the players memories to live on and stories to be passed down through the generations.

I would like to see a Rovers Hall of Fame, and the names of special former players/managers/misc somewhere around the ground.

Maybe a system where the Rovers fans vote to elect a new member to the hall of fame each season?

Also what a great excuse to bring back some of the older players and allow the crowd to applaud at half time (much like the game against Wolves back in 2001).

My Inaugural Rovers Hall of Fame (Class of 2010)

Jack Walker

Bob Crompton

James Forrest

Ronnie Clayton

Bryan Douglas

Alan Shearer

The Detroit Tigers (baseball) have a lovely wall. Perhaps a similar wall next to the Jack Walker statue would look nice?

IMG_1811.JPG

The front of the top tier at the Emirates has the club trophies and dates and spans around the ground. The link shows a little part of it, although admittedly a poor photo. I think it looks really good, and something we could incorporate into Ewood.

My link

The legends hall of fame is a great idea, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I wouldnt want a bunch of statues outside the ground that could be vandalised, equally it needs to be somewhere everyone can see.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived