BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood 'wall of legends'

I feel it would be a great idea and superb visual spectacle to incorparate a 'wall of legends' somewhere down at Ewood park.In recognition of our clubs long and proud history and to honour the important players who have worn the famous blue 'n' white shirt and contributed to our cause. An area set aside next to the Jack Walker statue or outside the Jack Walker stand? real life size photos or some sort of large Mosaic?.....your views please!

My list to be honoured :

John Lewis

Bob Crompton

Harry Healless

Billy Eckersley

Ronnie Clayton

Brian Douglas

Tony Parkes

Derek Fazackerley

Simon Garner

Colin Hendry

Alan Shearer

Tugay

:brfc:

I feel it would be a great idea and superb visual spectacle to incorparate a 'wall of legends' somewhere down at Ewood park.In recognition of our clubs long and proud history and to honour the important players who have worn the famous blue 'n' white shirt and contributed to our cause. An area set aside next to the Jack Walker statue or outside the Jack Walker stand? real life size photos or some sort of large Mosaic?.....your views please!

My list to be honoured :

John Lewis

Bob Crompton

Harry Healless

Billy Eckersley

Ronnie Clayton

Brian Douglas

Tony Parkes

Derek Fazackerley

Simon Garner

Colin Hendry

Alan Shearer

Tugay

You forgot Brad.

They built a housing estate 400 metres away with all but two of those names as roads.

Which two aren't?

Good idea. One thing I like about going to major sporting venues here is the great job they do recognising their past achievements, even if they were quite a long time ago as in the case of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Championship banners, retired jerseys etc all add to the game day experience in my view

Aston Villa can put him on their wall of legends.

Memories are short, eh?

Anyway, they've got one of these on the outside of Fratton Park. The artwork is hilarious and most of it gets vandalized.

You forgot Keith Andrews from you list......

Keith's road could be called Andrews point :blush:

seriously though Dalglish and Harford need to be on that list as well

There is a Dalglish Drive

Top idea. I'm all for celebrating our heritage. It's one thing we don't do and as a result the media put us into the same category as clubs like Oldham and Barnsley. What about having an honours wall too? Might as well do the full job!

Exactly the reason why our history should be celebrated.We are the most successful town club in the UK.....why not make sure everyone who visits Ewood park damn well knows about it and some!

Top idea. I'm all for celebrating our heritage. It's one thing we don't do and as a result the media put us into the same category as clubs like Oldham and Barnsley. What about having an honours wall too? Might as well do the full job!

As long as they get the facts right and not like our matchday programme publishers who, despite being told by me a couple of years ago, still denigrate our league wins of 1912 and 1914 to the old second division.

As long as they get the facts right and not like our matchday programme publishers who, despite being told by me a couple of years ago, still denigrate our league wins of 1912 and 1914 to the old second division.

Talk is always is of a Rovers dominance in English football around 1912 and onwards had it not been for the first world war that took the lives of key Rovers players and their peak footballing years.

A damn fine pedigree

1920 summer Olympics

A very important figure not just for Rovers but for early English football too!

When you mentioned Olympic in your earlier post, somehow I thought you was meaning that John Lewis had refereed their (Blackburn Olympic) FA cup final success.

As it mentions John Lewis was not only a founder member of the club but also played inside left in a 2-2-6 formation for the blue and whites. It was a skating accident that brought a premature end to his footballing career and with this he set out to set up the Lancashire Football Association in 1878 along with two other colleagues at a meeting in Bromley cross.

In years to come John Lewis became the president of the LFA, before becoming a full FA councillor and a member of the Football League Management Committee a pretty important chap in the early days of football one would say.

John lewis has to be a legend for more than one reason alone, just don't think there have been many referees to this day who have refereed three or more FA Cup finals, a massive achievement by anyones standards.

Archived