BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Anyone off to france? gutted im missing out

Had planned a long weekend in the south of France but had to call it off, unfortunately, as something cropped up. Next season, hopefully.

Another quality win today tempered by the bad news about Dudson. Can't find anything official about the injury but it sounds like his ankle or leg could be broken.

More bad news about Finchy leaving but at least that was expected.

Unfortunately at a wedding so a write-off today. Snapped ligaments my mate says, shame, the lad has been immense. Think both Precky and Flower are due back this week. Was told during the week that Finch has verbally agreed a deal in Oz but was still considering a very good Wigan offer. I suppose we should be happy(ier) that he's not going to another SL team or reneging a contract like Madge and Lima. Will be a problem replacing Finch and Tommy.

Yeah big hole in the halfs i think smith may be over rated and need another quality addition in the halves. Has anyone seen much of russle to suggest he can step up to full back and sam into halves - or what about webb for two yrs as he is leaving rhinos. I know he is on the decline but still quality.

Whilst I don't think Smith is a top class HB I can see what Wane likes in him and I do think he's probably at a similar level to Tommy when he first came, he's also a reasonable hooker so that's a bonus. I think in an ideal world you don't want to move Sam, his attack as the third man in that three axis attack with the HB's is devastating and whilst I think Matty is very good for his age he's a million miles from Sam's ability. However, if quality isn't available then we might be best with Sam at six and adapt the game plan. I suspect Smith will come in at seven and so a reasonable job, six might be filled by Chase. Why Chase? I think he could do two-three years which will give us time to develop our promising young HB's. Don't like him though.

I've changed my mind about the props, I think we need to replace Lima. Sam Moa will do.

Sam is just too good at FB to move him. I'm more convinced than ever that Sam will stay at FB and we'll bring in a 6 & 7. We will not replace like for like BUT look at Warrington, they need to replace Briers and Monaghan sooner rather than later, Saints have struggled to fill the HB positions successfully and as for Leeds, well it's a mess. All clubs have or will have the same problem in getting quality HB's. The only way forward is to recruit from either within or try to snap-up what is out there in SL, the days of importing a top half are over. Matty Smith shows promise and he's young. For me you're then left with two; Brough and Chase. You could say Dobson but I don't think he's as good as he's going to get and that frankly is not that good. looking forward, we have some fantastic young players coming through the academy so I do think we'll be in a better position than most.

Anyway, has Mr Lenegan let us down yet? NO, and I say that knowing full well I've been a critic of certain decisions in the past and have always been proved wrong.

Changing the team...McNamara, the Steve Kean of RL? Even fat Gary Schofield, the most one-eyed Leeds lovin' Wigan hatin' person in the world is asking how Goulding and Micky Mac haven't made the squad whilst six Leeds players are in there.

Sam is just too good at FB to move him. I'm more convinced than ever that Sam will stay at FB and we'll bring in a 6 & 7. We will not replace like for like BUT look at Warrington, they need to replace Briers and Monaghan sooner rather than later, Saints have struggled to fill the HB positions successfully and as for Leeds, well it's a mess. All clubs have or will have the same problem in getting quality HB's. The only way forward is to recruit from either within or try to snap-up what is out there in SL, the days of importing a top half are over. Matty Smith shows promise and he's young. For me you're then left with two; Brough and Chase. You could say Dobson but I don't think he's as good as he's going to get and that frankly is not that good. looking forward, we have some fantastic young players coming through the academy so I do think we'll be in a better position than most.

Anyway, has Mr Lenegan let us down yet? NO, and I say that knowing full well I've been a critic of certain decisions in the past and have always been proved wrong.

It's a matter of using your resources wisely.

Russell is very close to being ready. Tomkins IS a halfback playing at FB. He'd be just as good (although in a different way) at HB.

I don't want Brough (Mr Average) or Chase (selfish thug). Powell and Mellor haven't kicked on due to injuries. Our options are very limited.

Lenagan hasn't led us astray yet, so I trust in whatever move he makes - but that's the one I'd do.

We will just have to wait and see who we bring in. Boots n all this week may as well have been called wigan n all it was great! they mentioned a few names and kear reckons we will get a good couple of recruits. Though its easy for him to assume that.

Going onto the exiles match, sort of glad finch n george are out, rest them up get them ready for Widnes. Thats assuming wane picks them this time!

i am willing to give things a change with the concept. Everything has to start somewhere even the soo so lets give it 10 years and once it has got a bit of history there may be a better feeling towards the games. Lets face it it is better than playing france

The problem with the Exiles concept is that the new NRL salary cap has killed it.

We won't get any worthwhile 'Exiles' in the near future. The Melbourne Storm trio, for example, wouldn't have come under those conditions.

They need to bring back our Origin concept - Lancashire vs Yorkshire.

Sam's best position is FB, he's the best FB in the league by a ridiculous margin and he loves playing there. Matty Russell is good, maybe great in a few years but he'd be a huge drop after Sam. The more I think about it the more I think Chase will come. Yes, he's a proper Tommy Tanker and I dare dare say he'll get a shock when/if he starts training with Wigan but I do think he's Wane's sort of player. Whatever happens, one eye will be on Hampshire and Williams, if those two keep on progressing at the same rate we'll have the two best HB's in the league.

Edited by koi

I might have mentioned this before but I good mate of my mate who I go to games with is a scout for Paramatta, he occasionally comes over here and go to watch a few players (we go with him). He is a Wigan fan (and former player) so always trying to get an angle on what we're doing. Anyway, top and bottom is that HB's are getting so rare big money is being paid for their salaried. An AVERAGE HB in the NRL now starts at $350k P/A, top HB's are looking at more than double that. We have to really go for what is available in SL.

So what you're saying is that we should move the highest paid player in SL to his natural position? ;-)

The highest paid player in SL happens to be the best FB by a country mile and needs to stay there, and will stay there, Wane asked me if that was okay.

quite possibly seen the last of Tommy. Pointless game has potentially ruined our season.

Yeah very dissapointing i hope he gets back for the playoffs. He doesnt deserve his career over here to end like that.

Lockers in at 6 tonight, should be fine against widnis and hopefully he will grow into the position as the more tricky fixtures arrive

Don't know if it was just me but that all felt very flat and quite hardwork to get enthused. Game was okay I suppose though I think the U20s give a tougher game in the practice games. Anyway Friday might be tougher, that's if the game goes ahead...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It was a weird atmosphere I think. Normally going to rugby means its the end of the week, but we've still got 4 days left :(

Although the scoreline looks good I think that Wigan made pretty hard work of it all. However, a win is a win.