BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Can't make my mind up when it comes to Joe Mellor. He's certainly nothing like the player he was pre-injury but we might be better playing Lockers in the position where he's a world class player and bringing back Joe. You just wanted to see something more from him but then again Widnes must be one of the worst sides to play in SL and a HB is never going to shine in a shte team.

Anyone else hear the rumours Burrows was at Wigan yesterday?

Yeah it was a strange game, almost as if we dropped to their intensity but we still showed quality when in their 1/4. Maybe not as clinicle or ruthless as normal but to still put 50 on the board shows how bad they are. Ive not seen many widnes games to judge mellor either but he looked quite sprightly and dangerous so may be worth bringing back for cover at least maybe

I just feel that losing Tommy and then moving a world class 13 takes a large amount of potency away but we hardly broke sweat last night and still ran in easy tried.

Josh looked much better with kicking, long may it continue.

Bulls in admin, how much longer will Salford last?

Well that were crap!!

Thought we started alright and when Murphy scored that try I thought we'd do alright. But we were just very flat the whole game I thought. Didn't get it out wide enough - Charnley or Gelling didnt have enough of the ball I don't think. Dunno what Farrell was doing twice when he was in and decided to pass.

Had McIllorum not got himself sent off (wtf did he do that for?) then I think we'd have just edged it, but 23 minutes is a fairly long time to hold out with 12 men.

At least Warrington lost, but this could've all but sealed things in the league.

Elima went in with the elbow when up against Mick Mac hence the slap. He'll be out for two I guess and to rub salt Elima laughed it off. We were very poor, we could quite easily moan about an inept ref, Goulding getting injured by Pryce's professional foul and some very dirty Bradford tatics but at the end of the day we were poor.

Elima went in with the elbow when up against Mick Mac hence the slap. He'll be out for two I guess and to rub salt Elima laughed it off. We were very poor, we could quite easily moan about an inept ref, Goulding getting injured by Pryce's professional foul and some very dirty Bradford tatics but at the end of the day we were poor.

Pretty much. Elima should be up before the panel for those elbows - he of course won't be. It was a yellow at worst for McIlorum - I dislike this new 'send everyone off that throws a punch' mandate referees have. It's Rugby League, not football.

We were very poor again because without a 6 and a 13 we lose all structure. O'Loughlin can't play 6 - he isn't quick enough (both speed of foot and speed of thought) to play there. Farrell can't play 13 either - not in a system that uses the 13 as a third pivot.

After Murphy's impressive debut I would be horrified if Wane picks Tomkins at 1 and leaves O'Loughlin at 6 for Wakefield.

My theory is that wane dropped Sam to give him a rest obviously but more importantly compare Murphy to Russell and see who will replace Sam when he moves into the halves. Of course I'm probably wrong but if Wane thinks we can win pots with lockers in the halves and FAX at 13 then we've got problems. I'm sure they'll have some plan brewing, I think, I hope...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not so sure they do have plans brewing - we looked AWFUL against Widnes then put out the same team (minus a rested Tomkins - he had heavy strapping on his left thigh against Widnes) and lost to a poor Bradford side.

We should have changed things up midweek.

As for Murphy vs Russell. I don't think there's any doubt that Russell is the better open field runner, but everything that I've seen of him suggests he's dodgy defensively. I'd go with the safer Murphy.

Yes an absolute mare. Leeds' first four tries were from our errors, we were then on the back foot and never recovered. Several players chose to have their worst games of the season, Tomkins and Finch included. Gelling barely touched the ball. Leeds didn't have to play particularly well, they just didn't make many errors. Let's hope we can now get fired up to keep our top spot and then go on to clinch the big one again.

• 2 weeks later...