BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Strikers

Michael Owen could still do a job alongside a big-man, such as Carew, Heskey or Zigic but it's a huge risk with his injury record.

I have a lot of time for Owen, he seems an honest and 100% genuine guy. He is already on a Pay as you Play contract at UTD. At his age he has made the cash and all he wants to do is play. If we got him it would have to be Pay as you Play contract. But we would also need to take care of him.

Like Hughes did with Bells at Rovers and Citeh, he needs to be rested otherwise he just breaks down all the time.

As to wether Owen would come I doubt it. I also think the RVH story is just paper talk there is no way he will come to Rovers all part of the Indian way mention a big name every few weeks to keep the fans happy. :wacko:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite liking the progress of the lad Wickham at Ipswich - reminds me of a young Shearer.

Would surely jump at the chance of joining a club like Rovers.

Michael Owen could still do a job alongside a big-man, such as Carew, Heskey or Zigic but it's a huge risk with his injury record.

"surely jump at the chance"?

The lad is being courted by United, Spurs and Chelsea. 15million is the figure being branded around.

Naive.

I would only keep Kalinic and Rochina, get rid of Santa Cruz, Roberts, Benjani, Diouf and Blackman and sign Cardozo (Benfica will sell him), Falcão (FC Porto striker) and Hulk (FC Porto)

It would take a lot of money obviously lol

For almost 3 seasons now we have been woefully short of goals from our forwards

and in that time we must have used maybe 10 different players and countless partnerships and still no success , so it can't be just the strikers?

Archived