BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Strikers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically, you've got to be thinking who will be going down, and who is in Citys reserves? Or go foreign.

Wigan - Rodallega would be good.

West Ham - Carlton Cole anybody? Demba Ba? Obinna?

Wolves - Doyle

Brum - Er...

I read somewhere that Kean has his eye on the striker for Barca B.

The transfer policy seems to be buy young up and coming talent, rather than spend stupid money on old has beens such as Beattie and Robbie Kean, can’t say I’d complain if that was the case.

The transfer policy seems to be buy young up and coming talent, rather than spend stupid money on old has beens such as Beattie and Robbie Kean, can’t say I’d complain if that was the case.

But you are happy with RSC getting £90K a week and producing zero?

Daniel Sturridge

Wellbeck

Marcheda

Or anyone else that is young and has serious potential....dont want any of these overpaid has beens with very little desire such as Robbie Keane, Heskey etc or any who are not good enough for top 10, such as Derbyshire.

Agreed....yes they might not all come off, but find the odd star among the youth ranks and your laughing. Its also usually lower wages & fee to snap the younger ones up....i.e. Rochina

But you are happy with RSC getting £90K a week and producing zero?

See this is what I don't get:

City sign RSC for 17m. Nobody else is interested, RSC has two options - stay at rovers on 25k (?) a week, or join city. Cruz wants to join city, because he thinks he'll win things. Surely if city offer cruz.. Let's say 40k a week, he's still going to say yes. It's 40k a week, or whatever we where paying him...

See this is what I don't get:

City sign RSC for 17m. Nobody else is interested, RSC has two options - stay at rovers on 25k (?) a week, or join city. Cruz wants to join city, because he thinks he'll win things. Surely if city offer cruz.. Let's say 40k a week, he's still going to say yes. It's 40k a week, or whatever we where paying him...

What makes no sense is taking him back when we all know he is never fit. He had not played in months and was going to take time to get back up to speed but then we agree to pay his wages. I find that totally crazy was he signed to show the fans that the owners have ambition? Should make for interesting wage talks if the owners want to sign him.

Again its another stick to beat the new owners with. I just pray we stay up.

All these big names being bandied around... you honestly think Kean could attract that class of player to Rovers? :blink:

a big fat 0

But depending on the situation at the House of Russia - I wouldn't mind a cheeky vimto interest in Drogba (if they insist on a 'wigwam' signing) - although I'm sure he would probably have far better options anyway if even at all interested.

Maynard was a good call dependent upon how his recovery from injury goes and I think a drop in at Leeds wouldn't go amiss and not just for a striker.

Realistically, you've got to be thinking who will be going down, and who is in Citys reserves? Or go foreign.

Wigan - Rodallega would be good.

West Ham - Carlton Cole anybody? Demba Ba? Obinna?

Wolves - Doyle

Brum - Er...

I hear that young Kevin Phillips has the potential to be a goalscorer ;-)

Wouldn't discount an old has-been because that's effectively what Tugay, Brad, Roque (1st time) and Benni were and they did okay for us. Maybe mix youth and experience?

Out of those above my preference would be Rodellega.

I'd keep Roberts but ONLY as a sub to come on and rough up tired defenders

The transfer policy seems to be buy young up and coming talent, rather than spend stupid money on old has beens such as Beattie and Robbie Kean, can't say I'd complain if that was the case.

Jonathan Soriano, with WHU, and Fulham also linked.

Let me throw 4 names into the ring ...low fee and massive wages but would excite the venky boys

Van Nistlerooy , Michael Owen , Shevchenko and Inzaghi all to be released this summer by their clubs i'm not saying they are the answer but.........

Oscar Cardozo would be my first choice. Edu plays the lone striker role quite well, he's usually Huntelaar's understudy.

Its going to be near impossible to get rid of Roberts with him signing a new contract. Benjani seems content with a squad player role. I form part of the "I have faith in Niko" half of this messageboard so i would keep him. RSC and MBD can go back to their respective clubs.

Carlton Cole would also be a very good addition. I would rather have a "hot and cold" Cole than a "cold and COLDER" strikeforce, like in our current case.

So far I have read that we should get rid of everyone we have.

Yet we cry when players want to leave.

Roberts has been a fine servent who was grossly mistreated by the previous manager and still gave us his best effort and scored some very needed goals last season.

Benji, even though I didn't want him, does work hard when he is playing, chips in with goals, and even though he runs around looking like a demented black cousin of Red Fraggle, does his job. I believe if we played him more with Kalinic would do better.

Santa is suffering from whereisthegoalitis. Nothing more.

Kalinic has never had a fair shake by either of our managers. Too light to be a target man alone up front.

Diouf has obviously been contacted by Lucifers minion Sir Alex and told to lower his game in protest to Sams sacking.

Owen - Noooo thank you.

Kevin Doyle, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - If we don't go down Wolves is pretty likely to do so. Doyle can handle the lone striker role as well as playing with a partner, and Ebanks-Blake would probably be cheap enough to take a gamble on.

Carlton Cole, Demba Ba - West Ham in a similar position to Wolves, Ba looks incredibly exciting while Cole would be more of a gamble.

Hugo Rodallega - Class act for Wigan, might have bigger ideas than Rover though.

Didier Ya Konan, Jan Schlaudraff - Has been at the heart of Hannover 96s fantastic season (as of now 3rd in the Bundesliga). Would only come to increase their wages substantially.

Markus Berg - Scored for fun in the Dutch league, had an OK first season in Hamburg but then got loaned back to PSV Eindhoven and has lost his way a little. Hamburg will sell him in the summer.

Let me throw 4 names into the ring ...low fee and massive wages but would excite the venky boys

Van Nistlerooy , Michael Owen , Shevchenko and Inzaghi all to be released this summer by their clubs i'm not saying they are the answer but.........

On your bike AJW enough said.

There was a similar thread years ago and I wrote my preference, and I think it's still valid today. I think Alex Geijo would be a great addition to our squad. You probably don't know him, he's a half Spanish half Swiss forward, 28 years old, playing for Granada in the Spanish Second Division (one below La Liga). Unimpressive, I know. But he has scored goals in every team he has played for. Currently he's the championship's top scorer with 22 goals in 22 games so far. Powerful, great header and with an ability to be always well positioned to score.

Roberts has been a fine servent who was grossly mistreated by the previous manager and still gave us his best effort and scored some very needed goals last season.

Benji, even though I didn't want him, does work hard when he is playing, chips in with goals, and even though he runs around looking like a demented black cousin of Red Fraggle, does his job. I believe if we played him more with Kalinic would do better.

I'm not a fan of Roberts, for his size he should be far more of a physical presence. And i though he was most useful when SA had him coming on against teams and he was ###### off. He wanted to prove a point! Good method of management if you want to get a player like Roberts to score goal. (Upto you if you believe Allardyce did it on purpose)

Benjani I don't mid, he seems to create more chances than the rest of the strikers put together at the moment. He's not the best but he does get up defenders noses! He hasn't featured much since Liverpool which is a shame

100% agree with all of this, Benjani and Kalinic up front next game please.

Its like an incentive at Rovers these days. Don't score any goals, or play ###### and you are in the team. Its mind boggling, how both Kalinic and Benjani hardly feature. Rochina is scoring goals for the reserves, but that's probably no a good thing, as Kean doesn't like players who scores goals

Quite liking the progress of the lad Wickham at Ipswich - reminds me of a young Shearer.

Would surely jump at the chance of joining a club like Rovers.

Michael Owen could still do a job alongside a big-man, such as Carew, Heskey or Zigic but it's a huge risk with his injury record.

Archived