BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] st george's day celebrations

it infuriates me how theres never anything in the paper or television to celebrate a day about being english, st george's day and yet when it comes to paddy's day its a big deal. Im going out to celebrate it, what is eveyone else doing to celebrate out patron saint?

I`ll be visiting the Black Bull (three bees brewery) at the top of Heys Lane this evening to sample some of their english real ales :)

If anybody wants to buy my a pint i will gladly accept their offer.....seeing as its st georges day ;)

• Backroom

I`ll be visiting the Black Bull (three bees brewery) at the top of Heys Lane this evening to sample some of their english real ales :)

If anybody wants to buy my a pint i will gladly accept their offer.....seeing as its st georges day ;)

How was it? The in-laws were going to pop in but said it was packed when they went past.

St George's Day is 2nd May this year...

The only reason people celebrate St Patrick's Day (non-Irish anyway) is to have an excuse to drink lots of Guinness. Nobody actually cares about the history.

I can assure that's why the Irish celebrate it too.

How was it? The in-laws were going to pop in but said it was packed when they went past.

Tbh.....it wasn`t a brilliant experience. Hopefully it`ll get better.

It was too full of people who obviously don`t go in pubs very often.

The bar was three deep & it took over half an hour to get a drink, due to there being 10 people behind the bar & only 2 of them actually serving/working :( The two who were serving only seemed to be serving people they knew, which was a tad annoying.

We ended up having two drinks then buggering off to the Feildens where it was far more civilised.

Archived