BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New York and Chicago

It's great to see Sambo but little else, shopping and eating there is expensive as with any tourist trap.

It has a fantastic feeling about being there though

Ah cheers Tom, thinking of doing a semester there at SUNY New Paltz University, but if not NY is a place I have always wanted to visit

A 15 day Amtrak railpass in late September./early October for me to include a visit to Chicago + hopefully some Fall foliage spotting in New England on the way.Anyone seen American fall foliage and know any good towns or locations,?

I absolutely agree Steve. San Diego is the best place I have ever visited. Perfect horeshoe bay, superb zoo and sunshine all the time. Visits to the Gaslight District and the bar at the top of the Hyatt are a must. The view from there is fantastic. I just love the place.

Planning on going to southern California in the summer and San Diego is definitely on the list of places to go. I've only ever heard good reports about the place. Two friends I've talked to raved about it and one of them said that of all the places he's been to in the world and he's been a lot of places, San Diego was his favourite city. I plan to have a few days staying with friends in Los Angeles and Santa Barbra too and then fly back east to Virginia, which is also amazing, for one of my best friends weddings. Should be good!

My company has said that they’ll ship me off to Chicago in June to work in our office out there, so I thought I’d turn it into a bit of a month-long trip. On June 12th I’m working in Chicago for a week, then going to Las Vegas for a conference for the following week, then taking a week-long holiday in New York, and finally another week working in Chicago.

Got any jobs going?

Hi sorry for the hijack of the thread, visited the east coast of America a few times, on tours etc, but always stayed with friends and in vans. Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheapish hotel in NY, or an area?

Try looking for bed and breakfasts in Brooklyn, great value, great location, usually small and friendly, and only 15mins by tube to central Manhattan, prices usually around 60-120$$ a night, but half the price of average hotels in Manhattan.

I love Coney Island, fantastic place , like going back in time, and the tube ride is great also.

I love Coney Island, fantastic place , like going back in time, and the tube ride is great also.

I'm going to go in the summer when I'm in New York. I was going to go when I was over last month, but I was told that it wasn't really the best time of year and that it's better to go in the summer. I was on the train to Coney Island, but got off in Brooklyn. It's about 30 stops from Manhattan. I've heard that it's like being in a time warp. I'm looking forward to seeing the Fair Ground!

Sorry to hijack again.

Not going anytime soon (would love to though - gonna wait til I'm 21!) but is Times Square good or overhyped?

I nearly cried the first time I saw Times Square. It is like nothing else.

Guys, I need your help...

Which are the better restaurants to have a romantic dinner with your wife in NYC and Toronto, if any of you knows about it)?

I'm getting married next friday and will be in my honeymoon in NYC and Toronto next week...

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, I need your help...

Which are the better restaurants to have a romantic dinner with your wife in NYC and Toronto, if any of you knows about it)?

I'm getting married next friday and will be in my honeymoon in NYC and Toronto next week...

Thanks

Many congratulations!

Archived