BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jim Branagan

Hi there,

Could anyone help me out with the whereabouts of Jim Branagan? Does anyone know where I can contact him or locate him??

Please help me out!

HTFC_M

Wow, thats going back some, will ask around for you.

A proper player..modern players could learn from.

Was it Jim that stood on the ball in the FA Cup game against United or was it Rambo Rathbone? only for Strachan to hammer the ball into the top corner :(

Was it Jim that stood on the ball in the FA Cup game against United or was it Rambo Rathbone? only for Strachan to hammer the ball into the top corner :(

You are meant to be a positive poster...;) That was a bad moment / memory indeed!!

Branagan is mentioned a few times in Garner's book. One part is memorable about an old guy that harrassed him (Branagan) each week. I will type it out one day.

Branagan and Rathbone, two decent enough full backs for us back then. I see Rathbone sometimes in Lytham and he is always friendly and polite.

Mick Kenneny was a wind up merchant and nasty piece of work himself. I would imagine that he was targetted as retribution for previous misdemeanours. I was surprised to see "Frank" Randall give him a dig though, I didn't think he was that type. That being said I think most of that team could.....ahem..."look after themselves" :blink:

They played some pretty good attacking football too.

Archived